Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scamming scammers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

What would you do?
Scam the scammers and chuckle all the way to the PayPal bank
74%
 74%  [ 38 ]
Play fair, suck it up, it's the British way
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
I prefer to be honestly ripped off on AliExpress
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Carefully vet every seller, report to eBay, add them to your blocked buyers list and hope that stops them showing as sellers, then go through page after page of listings to find the first one that might actually be located in the UK (joke option)
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 51

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:13 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If I advertised an item as "UK seller, 24h dispatch" at £2 more expensive than the Chinese ones then drop-shipped it from a Hong Kong seller who dispatched it immediately, it would all be technically true.

"Item location" is the explicit lie that they lie.

It is fairly obvious when you look at the expected delivery date, but they are still liars, and still wasting my precious, precious time. It could be better spent correcting Percys who are being wrong on the internet.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 25 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of freebies are we talking about here? Anything actually worth getting?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:08 - 25 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinkets, mostly. Electronics, small bits of sports equipment. It's not a career that I'd actively advocate.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:44 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself incapable of condemning this behaviour. I haven't been caught out myself but I can well imagine how irritating it is and my sympathy for misleading about expected delivery dates is pretty low.

Ebay won't change (because why should they? They still get paid and people lack the gumption to take their business elsewhere)

The Chinese sellers won't change (because if every member of BCF went Borg on them 24/7 they likely wouldn't even notice...monetarily at least since a £2.00 item will contain 10p of materials and 3p of labour (at Chinese prices), maybe the ratings bombing would sting).

TBH the most confusing aspect of this is that Roger is annoyed at the time these scammers force him to waste and the response is to.....spend even more time hounding the sellers? Good for the blood pressure I suppose....

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:30 - 28 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinging and negging them is recreation time.

What's particularly amusing is the amount of time and effort they'll put into bawwing about a negative. I've even had irate and barely comprehensible phone calls over negatives for tuppence-ha'penny items.

What exactly do they expect to happen after they refuse to resolve a "not received" other than with the standard "Dear friend, you wait long time more then fivestar us very important."

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 04:16 - 29 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Stinging and negging them is recreation time.

What's particularly amusing is the amount of time and effort they'll put into bawwing about a negative. I've even had irate and barely comprehensible phone calls over negatives for tuppence-ha'penny items.

What exactly do they expect to happen after they refuse to resolve a "not received" other than with the standard "Dear friend, you wait long time more then fivestar us very important."

Aye, fair enough.

I'd wager they whine about it because their time is worth even less than their products (if you can credit such an idea). I'd also guess that they expect you to give up and go away because if they whine enough you'll decide it isn't worth your time over their penny shite.
Of course they only think this because they do not know you like we do.... Mr. Green

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 02 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Scamming scammers Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Arrow Search eBay, BIN, lowest price, UK only.
Arrow The eleventeen hundred top hits are seller JoyGoodFun49212, item "located" in Birmingham, but the seller address is Wun Hung Low province in China, with a 2 week delivery time.
Arrow Order stuffs.
Arrow Stuffs arrives two weeks later via ChinaPost.
Arrow File a "not received, refund"
Arrow "Dear Friend, delivery not in control please to wait two more days we very sure it arrive then give 5 star most important."
Arrow Wait 8 days, hit HALP! button, eBay refunds.
Arrow 1-star and neg the scammer.

I'm not asking if I should do it, I do do it, fairly regularly now, and with no qualms at all after the first time I fell for it.

But I'm mildly intrigued as to whether I'm ahead of the morality curve on this one. Would you?

I've had a fair few refunds and no request for goods back from cunts like this. Sometimes I remove the neg feedback, sometimes I tell them to go fuck themselves, depends what mood I'm in.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Paid for a pair of levers for the busa.

"UK stock, 24 hour dispatch"

Turns out they are coming from China
"!estimate delivery friend 12-24 November"

I think they will be geting the borg treatment.

So, no levers.

Quote:
The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to resolve this issue.
Seller's message:
'Dear customers, Thanks you for your message. We posted it from China, and was it shipped by air which no tracking no. But our shipping company can follow the order, it still on the way.Could you wait for more few days, if still not receive, just contact us again ? Best regards, Angel

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:37 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret tracking, eh?

I did actually get something from Chinascamz which was tracked to the extent that eBay automatically marked it as received when it eventually showed up. Spoilsports.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese levers on a Hayabusa, what could possibly go wrong.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Nothing because they havn't arrived.

I asked why the tracking number didn't work and have just recieved:-

Quote:
The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to resolve this issue.
Seller's message:
' Hello, Thanks you for your email. I quite understand your feeling. As a seller, we do hope our customer can receive the item asap. I just contact the shipping company and they told me that may be it will delay about 7-10 days as the custom was strengthen the security check in these days terrorists. For this case, would you mind waiting for more few days? if you still can not receive the item on 5th Dec.just contact me, we can arrange resend or refund for you asap. Is that okay ? Best regards, Angel '

So it's Islamic states fault now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:17 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I actually did have a Chineesy grip-lock get knocked back by some Dutch X-Rayist. I have no idea what he thought he was looking at. Maybe some sort of genital mangling device.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of a hijack but it came up earlier, currently eyeing up something from China land, just under £18 (the old limit Rolling Eyes), worried about getting hit with an £8 fee to collect 30 odd pence or whatever it'll be.

What do?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never arrived if it gets held up, innit.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 30 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking I could not collect it if there are fees and shit, but I quite want the item. No response from the seller about whether he'd mark it as a gift, or I assume they could mark it as a £14.99 value.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:59 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I had anything from China-China-China that wasn't marked as either a gift, or with the real tuppence-ha'penny value.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent the seller another message with a google translation about marking it as £15 or less. Got an 'ok sir' back so I think we're all good Smile

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
M.C wrote:

Nothing because they havn't arrived.

I asked why the tracking number didn't work and have just recieved:-

Quote:
Seller's message:
' Hello, Thanks you for your email. I quite understand your feeling. As a seller, we do hope our customer can receive the item asap. I just contact the shipping company and they told me that may be it will delay about 7-10 days as the custom was strengthen the security check in these days terrorists. For this case, would you mind waiting for more few days? if you still can not receive the item on 5th Dec.just contact me, we can arrange resend or refund for you asap. Is that okay ? Best regards, Angel '

So it's Islamic states fault now.

Still no levers. Seems the seller is a genuine penis. And bad at maths.

Quote:

The seller sent a message
Comments
Hi, Thank you for your reply ,BUt as you know ,the shippinng is out of out control ,we also make a loss.How about let us keep 12.99 GBP and we refund 10GBP to you ?Is it okay ?Hope you can understand. Best regards, Angel

Escalated it to a claim now. Let’s see what happens.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the random eBay moan thread now... good Smile

Ordered something advertised as for my phone, it didn't work (I assume they listed random models), so I returned it to the seller. Had to chase up my refund, they asked for proof of postage, told them I used the pre-paid label they sent me Rolling Eyes and they refunded me.

Anyhoo my question; the seller cancelled the order at the same time and now I can't leave feedback? I wasn't going to neg' them until the refund stuff, seems like they were hoping I'd forget about it.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

money refunded.

Angel wants me to send her £12.99gpb for postage.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:21 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
money refunded.

Without eBay stepping in? Shocked

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Fisty wrote:
money refunded.

Without eBay stepping in? Shocked

Escalated to a claim and refunded by ebay/PayPal. Angel still wants me to cover postage costs.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:46 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Escalated to a claim and refunded by ebay/PayPal.

Ah, the world makes sense again.

Fisty wrote:
Angel still wants me to cover postage costs.

If you laugh up something pinkish, that's your lung. Poke it back in.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:14 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet I can't get a refund for a 30_ quid amp that didn't turn up from the uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
Yet I can't get a refund for a 30_ quid amp that didn't turn up from the uk

Have you contacted the courier?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 136 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4