Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got Bikejacked - Stamford Hill - Recovered

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

My moneys on Hellcat. Razz

She'll put a contract out on you for spelling her name wrong. Folded arms

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:59 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

She'll put a contract out on you for spelling her name wrong. Folded arms

Confused

Dammit.

Hellkat, my vote was for Hellkat. Very Happy

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give my bike up in an instant. Firstly, carrying a weapon would not work out; you wouldn't have time to grab it. Even if you managed to grab it, the chances of you using it effectively are low. The chances of you hitting yourself/someone else's car with it by accident are probably higher.

In the longer term, as soon as these devils twig that people are "carrying" and fighting back, they will probably start to use acid/ pepper spray etc first, to prevent a struggle.

The tracker seems to be a win/win. More chance of the bike being recovered intact. More chance of you letting the bike go without injury. Fewer/smaller insurance claims can only be a good thing for Londoners' premiums? At worst, it might just prevent them from spiraling up into the £2k area for 3PF&T for a 125.

I also like Stinkwheels idea of remote engine block. It wouldn't be made legal of course, as it could be used in anger and throw the rider off. Perhaps as soon as you hit the app on your phone, it could send a silent alarm to police. That way the scummers would never know if a bike had a silent tracker, and may hopefully divert their attentions to attempted theft of blades from moving agricultural machinery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:59 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this argument with some of the idiots on the motorcycle crime prevention FB group. They want to carry 'marker spray' (Legal pepper spray they call it) and big knives, heavy maglites and the like. One said he keeps some enormous weapon or other in a rucksack so that if the scrotes attack he's ready.

Now how in the hey-ull are you supposed to get the rucksack off of your back, pull out your maglite or axe or 10lb lump hammer or whatever and attack when the scrotes have already ridden off or pushed you to the floor or stabbed you? Also with regard to the 'marker spray' (which is not legally allowed to be noxious), I think it is more likely to serve to p1ss off your assailant than to incapacitate.

Some people just have no clue about real fear and intimidation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:31 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Now how in the hey-ull are you supposed to get the rucksack off of your back, pull out your maglite or axe or 10lb lump hammer or whatever and attack when the scrotes have already ridden off or pushed you to the floor or stabbed you?

Perhaps Ericck could give us a demonstration?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:38 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I've had plenty of intimidating and confrontational drivers before. You know me, I'm not exactly Goliath, but I'll give far more than I get in a mash up.

Given I'm not covered for theft, I'd fight until I couldn't anymore. Giving cunts the thing just makes their job easier... I don't like being easy.

Say what you want, but I'm not gonna roll over, can stab me all they want Laughing they can pry my bike from my lifeless body. Might make the police take a bit more of a look, might not. Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:07 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
MarJay wrote:

I've had plenty of intimidating and confrontational drivers before. You know me, I'm not exactly Goliath, but I'll give far more than I get in a mash up.

Given I'm not covered for theft, I'd fight until I couldn't anymore. Giving cunts the thing just makes their job easier... I don't like being easy.

Say what you want, but I'm not gonna roll over, can stab me all they want Laughing they can pry my bike from my lifeless body. Might make the police take a bit more of a look, might not. Laughing

That might be the Paddy death-wish speaking... but honestly the average driver is not a patch on a tooled up scrote who does it day-in day-out. Whether or not you can fight given the opportunity is kind of irrelevant; the issue is that your conscious mind won't react fast enough. You'll be standing by the side of the road with your thumb up your arse (or a knife maybe?) before you even know what has happened.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad OP wasn't hurt. It is most important (than anything else). I hope this incident doesn't worsen your mental balance after a while. Carrying self defense tools is not nice. Those tools make you feel like doing a revenge. and risk yourself. (Special baton, tazor etc).
I suggest you not buying (or watching) these items.

Last edited by kawashima on 20:22 - 20 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:19 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear these one on each arm whenever I ride in london I've lost count of all the bike jackers I've maimed and killed with these badboys
https://i64.tinypic.com/2lv1p1v.jpg

Ericck
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:32 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
MarJay wrote:
Now how in the hey-ull are you supposed to get the rucksack off of your back, pull out your maglite or axe or 10lb lump hammer or whatever and attack when the scrotes have already ridden off or pushed you to the floor or stabbed you?

Perhaps Ericck could give us a demonstration?

Pop round Rog.
Me and you vs the scumbags. We could be the new guardian angels.

I'll be up the front taking a good hiding while trying to get my tools out of my tank bag.

You can piss your pants at the back and cheer me on Smile
Previous Bikes: Yamaha FS1E, Mobylette Moped Thingy, Suzuki GS125, Kawasaki Zephyr 550, Kawasaki Zephyr 750, Kawasaki ER500, Suzuki Bandit 600, Honda CBR600F, Triumph Street Triple 675, Suzuki V Strom 650.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:58 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ericck wrote:
We could be the new guardian angels.

Angles. Fliing hi.

Ericck wrote:
You can piss your pants at the back and cheer me on Smile

I'll be filming it. YouTube gold. Whistle

Paddy has the right idea though. A few heroes need to get themselves deaded so that it's taken seriously, primarily by the courts.

And that is half serious, because I can't think what else is going to reverse the slide into anarchy.

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I'll be filming it. YouTube gold. Whistle

Paddy has the right idea though. A few heroes need to get themselves deaded so that it's taken seriously, primarily by the courts.

And that is half serious, because I can't think what else is going to reverse the slide into anarchy.

As detailed in Barrkel's thread, someone I know is carrying when they go out of the main strip.

Personally I feel that I'm not made of glass and if people don't stand up to these scrotes, then how can you expect others to.
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:09 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie-Roe wrote:
Personally I feel that I'm not made of glass and if people don't stand up to these scrotes, then how can you expect others to.

I'm not made of glass either, but I am however made of a barely solid substance in varying shades of red and pink that is (unlike glass) magically susceptible to being sliced, cut, stabbed and gouged. Remember, life is not MMA. MMA has rules, is one on one and is stopped when the injuries become too bad. No weapons are allowed, you need to wear gloves and there is no strikes to the back of the head, eye gouging or strikes to the neck.

I don't doubt you'd have a go, but I also think unless you're Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher your likely to come off worse than someone who did not resist.

To re make a point I made before, MMA fights don't start astride a motorcycle with your opponent approaching from behind, with reduced peripheral vision due to a fastened crash helmet.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Whether or not you can fight given the opportunity is kind of irrelevant; the issue is that your conscious mind won't react fast enough. You'll be standing by the side of the road with your thumb up your arse (or a knife maybe?) before you even know what has happened.

You sound like you've never been in a fight. Normally when you lose it you're intensely focused, one on one you're more likely to do something and think oh shit afterwards than you're to stand there and do nothing.

The problem's if they're ready and you aren't, but that depends on the individual, plenty of people are always angry and always have it simmering under the surface.

As I said earlier the problem comes with multiple assailants, simply because it's a lot of movement to keep track of. I also don't buy into martial arts/boxing training being of much benefit, brawls are always a million times more scrappy.

I think you're also overestimating the culprits, by all accounts they're youths. Granted some of *coughs* them are 50 cent size by age 10, but not all of them are. See the video where some Brazilian guy was losing his shit after a group of Dindus had robbed him.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:27 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
You sound like you've never been in a fight.

Interesting you say that... I'd say it was people claiming to be able to successfully fight back would be the ones who have never actually been in a fight.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:48 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big ugly fuckers like Pieroe are less likely to get bikejacked than those who are smaller and or floppier haired.

You might have whatever weapon concealed on your bike but the chances are bikelife are much more willing to use their weapons.

Wink

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Interesting you say that... I'd say it was people claiming to be able to successfully fight back would be the ones who have never actually been in a fight.

I'd also say you'd do well to not assume Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:22 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Ckie Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
M.C wrote:
You sound like you've never been in a fight.

Did I? I'm under no illusions about being able to Jackie Chan them all, and if I had a quid for every time someone tried to rob me I'd be able to live in an area where people didn't try to rob me Wink

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:41 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time I feel like upgrading my bike I think I'll take a trip to londanistan
put on my balaclava and when I see a bike I fancy I'll step out in front of them and pretend to be a 13 year old chav.
hopefully It'll be some snowflake bcf rider willing to give up their bike without a fight win win situation, free bike bcfer makes insurance claim drinks all found Very Happy Thumbs Up

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 07:52 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
because entrapment so wouldn't ever get to court for the slap on the wrist
or make the police any money in fines

How could riding a scooter with an unmarked car behind you be entrapment?

Do you even know what entrapment is or is it something you heard someone say once?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
andyscooter wrote:
because entrapment so wouldn't ever get to court for the slap on the wrist
or make the police any money in fines

How could riding a scooter with an unmarked car behind you be entrapment?

Do you even know what entrapment is or is it something you heard someone say once?

en¦trap|ment
[ɪnˈtrapm(ə)nt, ɛnˈtrapm(ə)nt]

NOUN
the state of being caught in or as in a trap:
"the feeling of entrapment grows as the roads close and the power goes out" · [more]
the action of tricking someone into committing a crime in order to secure their prosecution:

this putting plod on a scooter for someone to nick would be classed as tricking someone would it not

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it would not.

You can't use dictionary definitions to prove legal definitions of a word.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7