Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Got Bikejacked - Stamford Hill - Recovered

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Do you know which one?

I can guess. Although they're all toilets.

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Do you know which one?

Right at the bottom of Park View Road N17, the end adjacent to the industrial estate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:32 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have zero luck man.

I'm inclined to travel round on my ped, extension bar in jacket and beat the kneecaps and necks of the scrotes that try to steal it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:40 - 18 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'm inclined to travel round on my ped, extension bar in jacket and beat the kneecaps and necks of the scrotes that try to steal it. Laughing

I doubt you're alone in that. But better to have accomplices. Cos they will and they rehearse their jackings with
their mates so it's a pretty slick & well drilled procedure to them. The laptop snatch video you can see the rider holding
the door open to aid getaway, they practiced that. No doubt in my mind, same as they practice phone grabs without having to fully stop.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a BCF crew, someone to goad them, then a vehicle on fake plates to take them out Cool

Ericck
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:45 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
We need a BCF crew, someone to goad them, then a vehicle on fake plates to take them out Cool

Something along them lines or whatever would result in a good kicking.

You would think the bill could easily bait a trap as I am sure they know who these thieves are.

From what I can gather the targets seem to be other scooters or expensive bikes. I am probably all right on my old Suzuki but have taken to packing a big hammer in my tank bag whenever I ride through town.
Previous Bikes: Yamaha FS1E, Mobylette Moped Thingy, Suzuki GS125, Kawasaki Zephyr 550, Kawasaki Zephyr 750, Kawasaki ER500, Suzuki Bandit 600, Honda CBR600F, Triumph Street Triple 675, Suzuki V Strom 650.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:50 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont the old bill stick a police rider on a scoot followed by unmarked car full of baton wielding backup.
Then when they eventually strike, assaulting a Police officer in the first instance it's baton and CS gas time.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:58 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheArchitect wrote:

Right at the bottom of Park View Road N17, the end adjacent to the industrial estate.

Used to live not far from there. Just looked at house prices - 350 big ones for a flat Shocked. Couldn't pay me to live there.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:00 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Why dont the old bill stick a police rider on a scoot followed by unmarked car full of baton wielding backup.
Then when they eventually strike, assaulting a Police officer in the first instance it's baton and CS gas time.

because entrapment so wouldn't ever get to court for the slap on the wrist
or make the police any money in fines

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:01 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ericck wrote:

From what I can gather the targets seem to be other scooters or expensive bikes. I am probably all right on my old Suzuki but have taken to packing a big hammer in my tank bag whenever I ride through town.

this was jacked so I wouldn't be so sure

https://i.imgur.com/8uIjdAH.jpg

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 08:05 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
grr666 wrote:

or make the police any money in fines

How would riding a scooter through London cause a person to commit a crime they would not have committed normally?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:11 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ This.

Just pulling up alongside 2 up, lidless, unlicensed, uninsured, on a stolen bike with no plates is a series of offences in
itself. Ride a scoot around London Bristol or wherever they are doing these crimes and they will come to you, no
need to look for them.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:50 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
OP - glad you're not a stab victim Thumbs Up

Indeed, congrats on not being deaded

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4704105/stabbing-iphone-moped-mugging-london-death/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:12 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ericck wrote:
packing a big hammer in my tank bag whenever I ride through town.

Under what circumstances do you imagine you'd conclude that yes, you are actually being jacked, and make the decision to inflict potentially lethal injuries on another person in time to whip out your mighty weapon and start swinging it?

I'm genuinely interested in how the action movie in your head plays out.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ericck wrote:
packing a big hammer in my tank bag whenever I ride through town.

Under what circumstances do you imagine you'd conclude that yes, you are actually being jacked, and make the decision to inflict potentially lethal injuries on another person in time to whip out your mighty weapon and start swinging it?

I'm genuinely interested in how the action movie in your head plays out.

In the other 'jacking' I seem to remember the jackee was left for a short period guarding their scoot before the pack regrouped and ponced again. It' possible they would cut their losses and go for an easier target if he was swinging a lump hammer about, I can;t imagine they are particularly brave.

They could also pounce and stab him up TBF.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is fairly stable when moving, Id considered that in that situation id just run the standing bloke over when he gets off the scoot?

Obvs easy to say from here Laughing

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I can;t imagine they are particularly brave.

They could also pounce and stab him up TBF.

I can only speak for myself but as the incident was unfolding, I certainly was not in a position to scope out what each of the 6 or so scrotes were doing. Further, as soon as I saw a knife the last thing I was going to do was call their bluff and attempt to fight back.

As mentioned above, these robberies are well practiced and planned. They know who is doing what, and certainly in my case it didn't look like they were dithering.

I would hasten to add that in many of these cases they rely on the element of surprise, and by catching you off-guard they know you're less likely to retaliate.

I'm not ashamed to say I shat myself when I realised what was unfolding in front of me and frankly it didn't take long for me to decide the bike isn't worth that much to me after all.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:47 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, could have floored all 6 of them, 1 solid round house. Laughing

TheArchitect
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Mate, could have floored all 6 of them, 1 solid round house. Laughing

Green "The Paddy" Lantern Cool

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
In the other 'jacking' I seem to remember the jackee was left for a short period guarding their scoot before the pack regrouped and ponced again.

This was me. The chap who rushed me was fast enough that he got to my key at the same time I did, even as I was sitting on the scooter. He was able to use two hands while I was using one to hold up the scooter.

You can't underestimate how shocking it is. It's such a disruption from your normal routine, you have no time to rationally think about stuff. It would have made more sense to drop the scooter, to fight over the key with two hands, but your normal mode is to keep your bike upright, and that's far more heavily trained than your response to assault.

In some respects the jacking failed because they had to circle around. But even if that had given me time to pull out a weapon and start swinging it around, what if they had pulled some acid out and sprayed it at me?

These guys have nothing to lose. Honestly, no bike is worth permanent injury or disfigurement.

Last edited by barrkel on 13:47 - 19 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:

These guys have nothing to lose. Honestly, no bike is worth permanent injury or disfigurement.

I do agree. But things like this wont change unless people start standing up to them.

Whilst bikers are an "easy" target - they will continue to go after them.

I dont have a solution. thats just my thoughts on the subject. Thumbs Up

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
I do agree. But things like this wont change unless people start standing up to them.

These are my personal responses:

* Prosecute people who are caught. They found my scooter and arrested a kid; I'll try and ID him and will give evidence if a case goes forward.

* Use a tracking device to increase probability of getting bike back if jacked again, with some luck the bike will be co-located with the offender(s)

* Do not resist jacking - the risks are too high; effectively use own bike as bait since police don't have funding for it

* Engage politically at multiple levels to increase attention; local MPs, Mayor, council, newspapers, etc.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:

You misunderstand. The purpose is not to get them into a court, it's to get them into a hospital.

chris-red

PostPosted: 14:05 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that would have something to lose, they don't want to me hurt or injured as it seems so easy for them for take bikes why would they risk pain when they could try someone else instead.

I totally bow down to your experience however, it is all very easy to say, a lot different in practice Thumbs Up .

chris-red

PostPosted: 14:06 - 19 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:

* Engage politically at multiple levels to increase attention; local MPs, Mayor, council, newspapers, etc.
[/list]

Funny you should say that check the other fred Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7