Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Universal Credit Call Chargers - 55p a minute

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:51 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

My dad leaves his phone in the car and has to turn it on once every 3 months (or however long) to make sure it isn't disconnected.

Presumably he has a land line does he? I should imagine if he was looking for a job, which involves actually having to make and receive phone calls, he'd probably use it a bit more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:59 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Sorry, I rated Insightful...
arry wrote:
I should imagine if he was looking for a job

... when I meant "Funny".

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
M.C wrote:

My dad leaves his phone in the car and has to turn it on once every 3 months (or however long) to make sure it isn't disconnected.

Presumably he has a land line does he? I should imagine if he was looking for a job, which involves actually having to make and receive phone calls, he'd probably use it a bit more.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/03/78/aa0378579a6701f9ab51a22660ff9b56.jpg

See my post(s) about how much it costs from a landline.

Also retired Rolling Eyes

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
Plenty of people exist who don't live on their phone.

And plenty of people would rather baww about not being able to afford things rather than flopping off the sofa, waddling down to the shopping centre, and sniffing out a deal that makes it affordable.

That makes zero sense. Do you buy a diesel when you live/work/drive mostly in a city, for the one time you need to make a long motorway journey?

I don't

Rogerborg wrote:
I acknowledge the fact, but I can't summon up any fucks to give about their plight.

That's the problem, on this forum and in society in general. You see a group of people as substandard and therefore believe it's ok to treat them differently. It's funny because there's no doubt people who feel the same way about you...

https://1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org/splitsider.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/09/p02c9b6t.jpg

I think you're the fat one Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:12 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

See my post(s) about how much it costs from a landline.

Also retired Rolling Eyes

That's being a bit obtuse to my point. I wasn't having a pop at your dad. You used him as an example of how there are people out there that aren't constantly glued to their phone.

M.C wrote:
Plenty of people exist who don't live on their phone.

My point was, if he was in the world of work or at least looking for it, then the chances are his phone habits would change quite substantially. So if he's your example of people that don't live on their phone, he's probably not a good example to pull out of the bag for the purposes of this debate.

In essence, I'm saying that even the proper doley scum that are apparently kicking off a right goodun over this 0345 number probably have a phone that doesn't ass-rape them for making a call to a local rate line; or if they haven't already, they could at least make smarter life choices and obtain a free sim card that'd do the trick right enough.

At any rate, it doesn't appear to be the doleys that are going off on one about this; it's the leftie darlings going off on one on their behalf treating it as the biggest issue to affect the poor since the workhouses or some such. It's a non-story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:27 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
https://1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org/splitsider.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/09/p02c9b6t.jpg

I think you're the fat one Wink

I'm the short one, but I look up to the fat one.

I wish our "working" classes knew their place.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Most of these people will also have broadband at home, meaning that they will all have a land line with inclusive minutes. Even Virgin cable force you to have a landline or the package is actually dearer.

My call package (that came with the broadband/phone deal) is Weekend calls, not much use when calling a Mon-Fri helpline.

arry wrote:
That's being a bit obtuse to my point. I wasn't having a pop at your dad. You used him as an example of how there are people out there that aren't constantly glued to their phone.

I think Rogerborg was Smile He's an extreme example but I reckon a lot of particularly older people are that way. As I said earlier I mainly go for data. If I didn't have a smartphone I'd go back to payg/topping up once every 6 months.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
Most of these people will also have broadband at home, meaning that they will all have a land line with inclusive minutes. Even Virgin cable force you to have a landline or the package is actually dearer.

My call package (that came with the broadband/phone deal) is Weekend calls, not much use when calling a Mon-Fri helpline.

arry wrote:

I think Rogerborg was Smile He's an extreme example but I reckon a lot of particularly older people are that way. As I said earlier I mainly go for data. If I didn't have a smartphone I'd go back to payg/topping up once every 6 months.

Why are you still entertaining Donkers the clown?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4