Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Good drinking establishments in Cardiff

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:49 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Good drinking establishments in Cardiff Reply with quote

I have been blessed with being the best man for one of my good friends. I've organised a weekend in wales based in Cardiff. All of the activities are sorted, Canyoning, Whiskey tasting and Extreme Archery but I have little actually planned for the later evenings.

There are 11 of us going ages ranging from mid 30s to mid 60s and I am wondering if someone can suggest some good venues to enjoy. None of us are really "clubbers" so not really interested in that. I am more looking for some good bars that are not going to turn us away or throw us out. At the last stag do we went to we just staggered our departure and arrival at places and didn't seem to get in much trouble.

I have seen this place Bierkeller which looks ideal but I am thinking I might need to book and will be too late ( i'll give it a shot though). I would prefer to be able to explore the town a bit rather than just pay a large cover charge to get in to one place and be stuck all night.

The group is more alternative/rock than club/cocktail, there are quite a few auzzies going so no doubt we will end up in the walkabout at some point for a snakebite.

Anyone lived/stayed/partied in Cardiff and have some tips?

Last edited by natefz6 on 09:50 - 24 Oct 2017; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:36 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardiff centre is full of bars so won't have too much trouble riding them

Also prozzies work outside the holiday inn you can spot them as they have red handbags they swap
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was out drinking with some friends in Cardiff a couple of months ago, we hate clubs and aren't in to all of the chavy bollocks. I'll find out the names of the pubs/bars we went to in the morning.

From what I remember, we went to:
Gwdihwhttps://gwdihw.co.uk/
Porters https://www.porterscardiff.com/
there are a few others, but I'd need to check.

a good boozer I have been to before is the Pen & Wig, years ago had a night out in Metro's. Used to get toast at the end of the night there...

james1988
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:35 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're into good beer you could try the following (not really stag do esque but will provide you with a huge range of beers and a good venue):

Barley and Rye
The Urban Taphouse (think it's named Tiny Rebel now)
Hop Bunker
Brewdog
The Small Bar
The City Arms

James

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 14:07 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the tiny rebel places, got a real taste for their beers recently - if you like next level hipster craft beer that is.

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 17:11 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
Go to the tiny rebel places, got a real taste for their beers recently - if you like next level hipster craft beer that is.

That I do,

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will note them down, look them up on the map and act knowledgeable when I am there Very Happy

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 20:54 - 24 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
dodsi wrote:

That I do,

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will note them down, look them up on the map and act knowledgeable when I am there Very Happy

Their Clwb Tropicana (tropical ipa) and Stay Puft (marshmallow porter) are both excellent.

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:20 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a week of recovery I can report that all had a great weekend.

I lost count of the bars we ended up in but the guys did seem to have a thing for Coyote Ugly. It was the weekend of the Joshua fight, the Friday was pretty busy and the Saturday was dead till about 11:30 then kicked off.

I'm glad we were staying close enough to the centre to walk back as the cab queue looked like some sort of biblical exodus.

james1988
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

natefz6 wrote:
After a week of recovery I can report that all had a great weekend.

I lost count of the bars we ended up in but the guys did seem to have a thing for Coyote Ugly. It was the weekend of the Joshua fight, the Friday was pretty busy and the Saturday was dead till about 11:30 then kicked off.

I'm glad we were staying close enough to the centre to walk back as the cab queue looked like some sort of biblical exodus.

Allegedly people were queing until 0500 the next morning. Glorious fuck up on the planners part, there was work being done on the rails amongst other closures which royally buggered up some people's plans to get home.

James
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 168 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1