Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MAG's scary Hallowe'en threat to #BakLayf

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:42 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: MAG's scary Hallowe'en threat to #BakLayf Reply with quote

News from the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) wrote:

MAG contacts councils and police to plan for Halloween

This version: 2017 10 27 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) is contacting police in the areas most badly affected by last year’s outbreak of hooliganism on the evening of Halloween, to ensure that the motorcycling community is clearly distanced from any lawless behaviour by thugs on two wheels on Halloween night.

MAG has praised the efforts of the police to try to curb the hooligan behaviour of the thugs who created disorder on 31st October 2016 and Selina Lavender, the Chair of MAG, is encouraging members and the biking community to report such behaviour: ‘We need to show that legitimate riders do not support these hooligan activities - by providing information about the perpetrators of any crime, reporting what we see and demonstrating that the legitimate riding community does not take part in these activities.’

Selina is determined to make sure that genuine bikers ‘aren’t dragged down by the stupidity of those who think it’s acceptable to disrupt an evening which is primarily intended for children to enjoy themselves. It’s wrong for the safety and confidence of youngsters to be compromised by lawless idiots, often on stolen bikes, who have no regard for the communities they upset. If there is any trouble, the police and local councils can be assured of our full support on the evening of Halloween and after it. We are on the side of the affected communities and are disgusted by the actions of these thugs. We know that all genuine riders are too. If there’s the slightest sign of a repeat of last year, I think it’s fair to say the hooligans aren’t going to have it their way in 2017: they can run but they can’t hide.’

MAG is already assisting local councils in gaining an understanding of the need to supply more secure parking facilities. Riders’ representatives are assisting Council officers with the difficult decision to invest in supplying anchors and rails, which makes it harder for the criminals to steal machines. Unconfirmed reports suggest that some youths are already ‘riding scooters like maniacs in Birmingham wearing Halloween masks.’ Please contact your local police force and give your support to their important work on Halloween and share what you know about any threats to the peace. It means a lot to MAG for the local communities we are part of to know we’re on their side.

Contact MAG at 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org

ENDS

Presented without comment. Whistle

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send MAG a free ticket for the bus to reality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:02 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there’s the slightest sign of a repeat of last year, I think it’s fair to say the hooligans aren’t going to have it their way in 2017: they can run but they can’t hide.

They hid didn't they Rog.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:11 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the giggle, they neither ran nor hid. Fucks given approached zero. Only those daft enough to Facebook about it were eventually given a smack on the nose. I assume lessons will have been learned this year.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This version: 2017 10 27 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

Has any MAG Embargo been anything else? Confused

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_embargo

Would any media outlet take any notice, or give a toss?

Quote:
The understanding is that if the embargo is broken by reporting before then, the source will retaliate by restricting access to further information by that journalist or their publication, giving them a long-term disadvantage relative to more cooperative outlets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:57 - 28 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eagerly await a STOP THE PRESSES missive from MAG.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 28 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's all very well having a laff about it but these biker gangs need to be stopped.
We need more rules to thwart these non-conformist idiots.

🤣

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:36 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embargo: IMMEDIATE

MAG in close liaison with police in advance of Halloween night

This version: 2017 10 31 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) has worked with local authorities and the police across England to prevent a rerun of the shameful misbehaviour of a small group of thugs on two wheels on Halloween night, 2016.

MAG has established a new team - The Anti-Crime Team (TACT) - and its first major initiative will be put to the test on 31st October 2017: Halloween night. Last year hooligans caused disturbances in locations including Birmingham, London, Leeds and Solihull. This year, the aim is to work with the authorities to make sure the yobs won’t have it their own way a second time.

Colin Brown, MAG’s West Midlands Regional Representative, has contacted many councils and police representatives. ‘I’ve spoken to Birmingham City Council, Coventry City Council, Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall and Wolverhampton Council. I also regularly talk with the police to offer our support and cooperation. Credit to West Midlands police and Jack Hadley in particular, as well as Staffordshire Police. In dawn raids in Birmingham, they’ve arrested a lot of the identified troublemakers. At least 7 have been charged with public nuisance offences and up to another 50 may be charged.’

MAG understands arrests have also been made in London. A senior officer from Operation Venice, dealing with scooter-enabled crime and bike theft, updated MAG activist and life time anti-crime campaigner Steve Bolton: ‘bike theft in London was down significantly in August and September and bike-jackings are down a lot too. The Met are very proactive and they are locking people up in large numbers. The Met have a number of initiatives regarding bike theft and I’m working with them to align our own projects with this agenda.’

West Yorkshire Police have had success too. Steve adds ‘Councillor Debra Coupar from Leeds Council has been pleased with MAG’s approach and we’re happy to work with them on a partnership basis to drive down this sort of crime and anti-social behaviour.’

Tim Fawthrop, MAG’s London Regional Representative, has been in contact with the Met as well and is confident that this year forewarned is forearmed. ‘There was some trouble at the weekend, but this time round we were all aware it could happen and riders have been more careful with protecting their machinery from theft. Fair play to the Met: they’ve really focussed on this issue. We’ll see what happens on Halloween night, but we’re all a lot more prepared than we were previously. This year, crime will be repaid with prosecutions.’

Well, at least I can go out jacking and wheelying.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically the Police and local councils are making an effort to deal with the problem and getting somewhere...

and a group of MAG members are calling themselves TACT...

and ... Confused

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:51 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TACT, eh? Cool.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there’s the slightest sign of a repeat of last year, I think it’s fair to say the hooligans aren’t going to have it their way in 2017: they can run but they can’t hide.

Not in Lego City, anyway.

https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/catalogs/-/media/catalogs/products/juniors/2017/box%20shot/lego_10735_box1_v29_1488.png?l.r2=156310103

https://lego.brickinstructions.com/10000/10735/012.jpg
Laughing

I can't decide if this an educational toy or whether it means BikeLife is mainstream now.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

During a Motorcycle News podcast ( Embarassed ) they mention 400 bike related crimes a day in London and strong possibility of the army on the streets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 01 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I gave a similar one to that as my secret santa present on here a few years ago. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:57 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING: It wuz MAG wut wunnit.

MAG praises ‘no repeat’ of 2016 Halloween hooligan chaos.

This version: 2017 11 03 Embargo: IMMEDIATE

MAG has praised the law enforcement agencies and local authorities for a concerted effort which prevented a repeat of last year’s ugly scenes around the country, when lawless yobs invaded the streets of a number of towns and cities in a deliberate attempt to cause disorder.

Selina Lavender, the Chair of MAG, has expressed her satisfaction at the progress: ‘we were determined to prevent a second round of thuggery on two wheels this year, after the mayhem which was so widely reported in 2016. I’m glad to say that the collective effort, including the police, local authorities and other groups such as We Ride London, the Motorcycle Crime Prevention Community, a very active Facebook group in Birmingham and, of course, MAG, have provided intelligence and collective will to the momentum against these criminals. There was a bit of trouble in Romford at the weekend; however, apart from that, the main activities were children trick-or-treating with their parents and others just having a good time.’

Selina attributes the success to planning and communication. ‘There were a number of arrests before Halloween, with many more potentially being charged. No doubt this had a positive effect, stopping these yobs from thinking they can do what they want in our streets. MAG has communicated with police forces and Councils in all the areas that were most affected in 2016. The law enforcement agencies are the ones that have done the real work on the ground and should be praised for this. I think we’ve learned a lot about what works and it’s also been a good relationship-building process. I want to thank our activists for being so proactive and working with the authorities so effectively. Theft and bike-jackings continue to be a major worry for riders. As far as Halloween goes, the fact that there was no repeat of the anarchy we saw last year is less a matter for celebration than relief.’

Those charged with offences will be tried in due course. MAG believes these prosecutions will be a salutary warning to others that their antics will be repaid with penalties through the courts.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 03 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hurrah and huzzah with highly polished brass knobs on. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1