Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fancy a challenge? These fuckwits want you to.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Fancy a challenge? These fuckwits want you to. Reply with quote

Apparently one is supposed to be able to install remote central locking to a car that is already rigged for it (but has lost the original fobs). The idea is to splice the new one into the motor, leaving the old receiver in-situ (or remove it).

Anyway, here are the ONLY three items of instruction they provide. The car's wiring, the overall unit's diagram and the car-specific diagram. Is it possible or is this company run by a bunch of cunts?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Hawk harness. Reply with quote

Hawk harness.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:40 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wub

(fucking piece of shit etc etc etc)

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than you'd get than if you invested in Rainpal. Surprised

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I said. Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrics are like witchcraft to me, sorry.

Either ask your friendly local car thief, or bnp72. He wired his own camper van up. Ideal when you don't want the prostitutes bloodstains reporting.

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fitted a few of these,cheap Chinese ones and a cobra unit,that all looks ok to me although a Haynes manual would be better for identifying the cars wiring,the only bit that looks a bit difficult is the actual unlock and lock wires,on mine there were only 2 wires to connect. The extra wires are usually for different types of lock,maybe I've not looked at your diagrams correctly though,so apologies if I'm wrong.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its perfectly straightforward.
Its quite clear that each diagram is written in a different language.
And each of those languages simply says "Get a little man in to do it."

Bikeless
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permanent live and negative can be found using a multimeter at the interior fusebox.
Switched ACC can be found the same way,trace an ignition wire.
Indicator wire can be traced at fusebox and split into 2 for either side or wired to hazard switch wiring.
Boot release wired to boot release switch wiring if you have one.
Pink window comfort wiring I don't know as never connected one.
2 door lock wires(assuming you know which 2,negative, positive or pneumatic closing) connect to the trigger wires usually on a module somewhere in the vehicle,GEM ,central locking module etc.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a pre CANBUS car - no worries. It's an afternoons work at most.

With CANBUS electrics - no thanks, i'd take it to someone.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:46 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 1995 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear (L400). My intention is to simply replace the existing remote unit with the Hawk one at the end of the loom, rather than install it under the dash, which requires splicing wires all over the place (kickwell, steering column and even inside the driver's door). The fuckwits have provided the car's wiring datasheet but no instructions on how to connect them to their unit other than the fucking babble printed in the manual.

If it was the L300 it would be a piece of piss...

Live.
Ground.
One wire to lock.
One wire to unlock.
One wire each to indicators.

I know that from a guy who did exactly that. But the L400 has different coloured wires and nobody seems to know if it's a one-wire control vs a two-wire control. I'm going to take the duff unit out of the wagon today and at least confirm the wires are different colours (I have a schematic from a different unit provider that says they're the same colour as the L300).

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just time consuming as opposed to really complex - but i get your irritation.

I remember fitting an SD1 central locking system to my old MG Metro Turbo about 25 years ago. Wiring was 'mostly' the same colour which made it easier .... but essentially it was 3 hours with 2 haynes manuals and a multimeter.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But not before I've pressed the little 'training' switch on the Deli's unit to see if the Hawk fobs are on the same frequency. Because miracles are real, right? Laughing

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:11 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
It's just time consuming as opposed to really complex - but i get your irritation.

I remember fitting an SD1 central locking system to my old MG Metro Turbo about 25 years ago. Wiring was 'mostly' the same colour which made it easier .... but essentially it was 3 hours with 2 haynes manuals and a multimeter.

It's the level of blasé couldn't-give-fuck incompetence that triggers my you're-gonna-get-fucking-negged response. I've already told them that and they're not happy. "Ring our technical support!" Weekdays only.

I do have a multimeter but know just about enough to turn it on and check for a live circuit. Time to learn more.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Deli unit does other stuff besides central locking?

https://cdn-www.cardealpage.com/carimage/1652294/11.jpg

Suggestions are you are looking for something like that.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it does, at least not as far back as 1995.

And the cocksuckers at Mitsu want £250 for a new one of those. Old ones are rarer than hens teeth.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://replacemyremote.com/products-by-make/mitsubishi/1992-1998-mitsubishi-2-button-keyless-entry-remote-fob-e4eg8da.html

Which apparently is the same remote as for a 3000GT and thosea re all over eBay.

Presuming you can program them to the car ... that might be less of a fuckabout.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be missing something but that looks pretty easy to me.

Put into perspective it is only a £30 alarm.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

I thought that, multi meter and test the old wiring, then rig up a 12v supply to test what you have discovered, read new instructions to know what wire does what you need, wire in.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:55 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:
I thought that, multi meter and test the old wiring, then rig up a 12v supply to test what you have discovered, read new instructions to know what wire does what you need, wire in.

Sorry but a bit confused, why do you need a multi meter when they tell you exactly what to do?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:03 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on my experience of working with car wiring, I'd recommend throwing a spark plug through the side window every time you want in.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:08 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
https://replacemyremote.com/products-by-make/mitsubishi/1992-1998-mitsubishi-2-button-keyless-entry-remote-fob-e4eg8da.html

Which apparently is the same remote as for a 3000GT and thosea re all over eBay.

Presuming you can program them to the car ... that might be less of a fuckabout.

People have tried that but apparently the fobs for different Mitsus have different frequencies.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
bugeye_bob wrote:

Sorry but a bit confused, why do you need a multi meter when they tell you exactly what to do?

Because they don't, the manual is babble. But it does say in the manual you'll need to use a multimeter. They conveniently neglect to mention that in the ebay listing of course.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

Yay! Tell me which wires from the pic of the car's wiring datasheet to connect to which wires in the pic of the Hawk's harness.

Nice one dude! Smile

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://y6auj24xr4y3qq95tz7io6uu-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/140044286_5c4552af8e_edit2-1400x788.jpg

Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3