Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Benelli Imperiale 400

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Benelli Imperiale 400 Reply with quote

I quite like the look of this ..

https://www.motofire.com/2017/11/news/benelli-just-launched-imperiale-400-cruiser/

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:08 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an SR400 knock off? Or something else? Either way I like it, though the super shiny engine covers are a bit gash Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benelli is a Chinese marque now, but is that... gasp... an original bike? Not just a rebranding or a knock-off?

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, but does that inner run inside the front disc serve a purpose I wonder?
I've never seen that before, and it appears the bracket is over it but the caliper pots don't touch the inner run? Thinking

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:
I like it, but does that inner run inside the front disc serve a purpose I wonder?
I've never seen that before, and it appears the bracket is over it but the caliper pots don't touch the inner run? Thinking

ABS sensor disc.

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 12 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they're taking the piss out of Enfields !.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:00 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Commuter_Tim wrote:

ABS sensor disc.

Oh that makes sense cheers.
I guess I done a Tef on that one and based all my knowledge off old shit bikes. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:39 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:

Well, Enfield appear to be cloning Triumphs now, so there's a space in the market.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:44 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ed Case wrote:

Well, Enfield appear to be cloning Triumphs now, so there's a space in the market.

OR, it's just a generic 50's-60's English style aircooled motorcycle. Many can't tell BSA from a Norton, for instance. Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:21 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Euro bollox include noise? I ask because I'm sure I read somewhere that the latest sounded the death knell of air cooled bikes due to permissible noise levels.

I might possibly have dreamed this and it is as much bollox as the eurobollox. Razz

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, I've read a article about the ''Eurobollox'' stuff you say, and the outcome of the article was, people in the UK believe anything that sounds stupid enough, just must be dictate from the EU. Remember the whole banana shape thing? Razz

Yes, there is a EC effort for quieter traffic, current vehicle noise level being 76db, many manufacturers already make quieter vehicles than that. This effort is more of a building the roads right, putting up speed limits to reduce noise, even telling the customer how loud the tyres he's buing are, etc.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:57 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Remember the whole banana shape thing? Razz

Hahahahahahahahaaha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_Regulation_(EC)_No._2257/94

ahahahahahahahahahah

RhynoCZ wrote:
Why would noise levels be part of the Euro emissions regulation?

aahahahahahahahahah

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:31970L0157

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:31997L0024

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32009R0661

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32009R1222

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/automotive/environment-protection/noise-reduction_en

ahhhahah ha h. ah . haha.

*Phew*.

Oh, wow. That was some tasty low hanging fruit. (Non bendy).

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

This regulation requires that bananas of the highest quality classification not have "abnormal curvature", something that led to various stories about an EU ban on either curved or excessively curved bananas. This has been frequently repeated by pro-Europeans and Euro-sceptics alike; the former tending to regard it as an apocryphal or misleading Euromyth and the latter regarding it as an example of needless European bureaucracy.

On the flip side, the EU regulation is identical to the UK, UN, OECD... regulation at this matter. Nothing new in the Queendom, after all.

Did you even read the wiki article? The myth was, that it's illegal to sell bananas that are too bent.

Rogerborg wrote:
But noise, ...

You were quicker than I was with the EDIT of my post.

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:01 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Case wrote:

Rogerborg wrote:

Why? Because they are making a parallel twin? They made them in the 60s you know, the Super Meteor, Constellation and Interceptor! The Super Meteor incidentally were the first motorcycle fitted with ABS!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Enfield_Interceptor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Enfield_Super_Meteor

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:19 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

secretagentmole wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Why? Because they are making a parallel twin?

Because the new parallel twin they're making now is styled to look verrrry much like the current Triumph Bonneville. Most of the distinctive visual features of the 350/500 Bullets and variants are not to be seen.

That's not to say that they won't keep churning out Bullets, but it's not to say that they will either. I ain't sayin'.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Because the new parallel twin they're making now is styled to look verrrry much like the current Triumph Bonneville original Interceptor.

FTFY Smile

https://classicbikehistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/MK2-interceptor-With-Extras.jpg
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
Because the new parallel twin they're making now is styled to look verrrry much like the current Triumph Bonneville original Interceptor.

FTFY Smile

https://classicbikehistory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/MK2-interceptor-With-Extras.jpg

Oh nom nom nom Wub

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way before my time, but I'd really quite myself like a Rickman Enfield Interceptor, nom nom indeed!

Built just down the road from me, it would be a nice bit of very local history, and an example of when Britain had much engineering greatness in big capacity engines.

I always liked the fact the Enfield twin was a wet sump engine, when most other Brit twins aren't. Its also an underdog engine/bike. But I'd swap 10 hand grenade Norton interstate motors for a handsome Enfield twin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tonybaloni
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:19 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enfield twin looks like my 60's Enfield 700cc constellation which was a nice grunty solo till I stuck a Garrade grand prix chair on the side - popped the primary chain thru the (expensive) alloy chaincase cos I didn't lower the gearing. They were supposed to have sodium filled valves - don't know why? Lovely gearbox with extra neutral selector from any gear.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:07 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:
Is this an SR400 knock off?

No it's even heavier and more under powered. 200kg dry and 20bhp, are they for f'ing real?

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:31 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snod Blatter wrote:

Well, it's got an engine, wheels & handlebars, so, there is some similarity !

M.C wrote:

No it's even heavier and more under powered. 200kg dry and 20bhp, are they for f'ing real?

Yeah I did notice the specs seemed a little on the low side, but, then again, you wouldn't be buying this for it's speed, so the lower hp may be fine.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 12:10 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

FTFY Smile

You are such a tart.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Snod Blatter wrote:

This has me confused and amused, it's a naked 400 single, how could it possibly weigh almost the same as an old Bandit 600?

If the weight isn't with the housing for the cylinders and such, where is all of the weight? Thinking
I kinda still want one though, if the weight is low down it would be manageable (...for commuting) Very Happy

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:04 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Yeah I did notice the specs seemed a little on the low side, but, then again, you wouldn't be buying this for it's speed, so the lower hp may be fine.

A little? Razz It has the power of a shit 250 and the weight of a lardy big bike. You're going to be the slowest thing on the road.

Commuter_Tim wrote:

If the weight isn't with the housing for the cylinders and such, where is all of the weight? Thinking

The frame, which I assume must be made out of granite.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:24 - 16 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

A little? Razz It has the power of a shit 250 and the weight of a lardy big bike. You're going to be the slowest thing on the road.

Just for a bit more perspective, the '90s CB500 weighs a shade under 180kg, is (obviously) a 100cc larger, and book power is 59bhp.

20bhp from 400cc would've been a poor effort even in the 1920s.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3