Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

We are students and need some help from all of you...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
augeo.hud This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:39 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll get some very interesting and informative answers to your survey.

Pass the popcorn

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i4.ytimg.com/vi/kdOPBP9vuZA/mqdefault.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was OK until it started asking for distance in filthy kilometers and purchase price in despicable Euros.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
augeo.hud This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

almostthere
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:48 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

can I get my €25 upfront I don't trust Jonny Foreigner cause brexit innit!

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/images/700/pound-exchange-rate-1.jpg

Or Bitcoin, at a pinch.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Aarons has answered your questions.

Please send £25 to rainpal.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: We are students and need some help from all of you... Reply with quote

augeo.hud wrote:
to build a business plan for the development of a Head-up-display (HUD) for motorcycle helmets.

Haven't you heard of Skully?

Quote:
Skully Inc. was supposed to revolutionize the motorcycle industry, raising millions of dollars to manufacture futuristic augmented-reality helmets. Instead, the founders of the Bay Area start-up are accused of spending company money on vacations, sports cars, their San Francisco rents, weekly apartment cleanings, meals out and a visit to a strip club.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tn-skully-20160810-snap-story.html

Maybe you have!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

augeo.hud wrote:
what currency should one use if the participant can come from anywhere in the world Confused

https://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/food-drink/2017/08/24/californias-lagunitas-brewery-creates-cannabis-infused-ipa/_jcr_content/par/featured_image/media-0.img.jpg/931/524/1503608201921.jpg?ve=1&tl=1&text=big-top-image
augeo.hud This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:44 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you enjoy the spam rating and enemying just as much as the answers to your survey.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:33 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

augeo.hud wrote:
Yes, it is really nice from you to help some students out. Thanks a lot to show how nice some people can be Thumbs Up

You fucking piece of shit.

Come on, where do you wanna meet?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:59 - 13 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

augeo.hud wrote:
Yes, it is really nice from you to help some students out. Thanks a lot to show how nice some people can be Thumbs Up

What's in it for us? Not the bribe which you'll never deliver. Certainly not the HUD which you'll never produce.

We get several of these a year. They're always hilariously incompetent, and yours is no different.

Your survey is bad and you should feel bad. It's replete with pointless questions that provide you with no useful information for marketing your fantasy product, let alone developing it.

Ten questions, maximum. Try and do it in five. If you can't pare it down to that then you don't know what you're asking, or why.

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours, and I'll have large fries.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 09:43 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the survey, this is an awful idea.

Happy to help.

pudder
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:52 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is your gender?
Male
Female
Prefer not to say

Did you just imply binary genders? Confused

Quote:
What is your age group? *
18-24
25-34
35-44
45-54
55+

I'm 17 and what is this?

Quote:
How many kilometers (miles) do you ride per year?

5000 miles as your top option? Bit low, no?

Quote:
Do you consider glancing at the instrument display or navigation system on your motorcycle unsafe?

I'm guessing you are hoping for a resounding "Yes, I've died multiple times while looking at my speedo".
Takes away a major benefit for the product if nobody thinks the existing alternative is dangerous...

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you consider glancing at the instrument display or navigation system on your motorcycle unsafe?

I'm guessing you are hoping for a resounding "Yes, I've died multiple times while looking at my speedo".
Takes away a major benefit for the product if nobody thinks the existing alternative is dangerous...[/quote]

Not to mention if you don't want to take your eye off the road to check your instruments, you don't have to.

What happens when a BSOD fills your vision, or that oil shimmer is hidden behind the fuel gauge?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:51 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard reply to head up dispolay ideas.

You're design students. Design something useful.

FIRST design a visor that can be actually seen through in all conditions THEN try to make it jump through hoops.

It may come as news to you but in freezing conditions with moisture on the road and/or in the rain, visability through a motorcycle helmet visor is seriously compromised. Even worse in the dark. Nobody has managed to make one that is any different

Projecting a light source onto the inside of a steamed up, salt-encrusted piece of polycarbonate is in no way going to help with safety or visability.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

FIRST design a visor that can be actually seen through in all conditions THEN try to make it jump through hoops.

Rainpal? Laughing

To comment to the students on the quest for a HUD .

If it's wanted so much, or improves safety so much, why is it not widespread on cars where it would be much easier to install and maintain?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:22 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merciful allah, I've just realised that this is being done by graduates.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.crosshelmet.com/
Is this another rainpal?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:47 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/19/ar-helmet-startup-skully-may-have-risen-from-the-dead/

More coke and hookers?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:05 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to Rainpal® Technologies (no relation to Rainpal® Non Technologies).

kawashima wrote:
https://www.crosshelmet.com/
Is this another rainpal?

https://www.crosshelmet.com/images/top/future-bg01.png
https://www.biliousworks.com/modelmaking/assets/images/DarkHelmet1lrg.png

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:11 - 14 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit about the satnav annoyed me a bit.
I use a sat nav but I just put some headphones in and use the audio instructions. I don't need to watch a moving map, especially when I'm concentrating on the road ahead.

Bikers don't need distractions like a HUD, we've got enough to think about as it is.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 158 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3