Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Elephant Rally 2018

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:22 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Elephant Rally 2018 Reply with quote

Will be going to Elephant Rally this January. Its a pretty epic 3000+ bike rally in south Germany close to the Czech border. It can get down to -15c at night, and its over 700 miles of winter riding so not for the faint.

Although I expect the vast majority of vistors will be German, I have heard that the event draws riders from all over Europe many speaking English.

The main website is in German but there is a small writeup below.

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/this-is-what-its-like-at-germanys-annual-sub-zero-motorcycle-event-the-elephant-rally/

There is also another write-up here by a chap who took a honda grom. So before you complain that your bike is unsuitable have a read.

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/elephant-rally-2017-on-a-honda-grom.1200520/

Looking for any cray mofo's that might want to join!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:38 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to do this at one point but I am lead to believe it is now swarming with "eXtreme" thrill seekers who have spent their way there to tick it off their bucket list. Being loud and obnoxious as they do so rather than the diverse collection of oddball motorcyclists it once was.

Ebbs73
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout out raff

I did it last year and want to do it again .

I'm up for it .

Where are you based ?

Chris

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:36 - 17 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebbs73 wrote:
Good shout out raff

I did it last year and want to do it again .

I'm up for it .

Where are you based ?

Chris

That's awesome. How was it? It would be great to do it again with someone who knows the road.

I'm based in central London

tadge
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Elephant rally Reply with quote

Looks like it's in Feb not Jan , anyway I would like to give it a go would need to get proper crash bars and hand guards or use of a bike and sidecar

Ebbs73
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry , been busy .

I loved it , It snowed and it was bloody cold but that's why we went .

Sadly we only did one night as we left Friday , night ferry from Harwich to the hook , night there , long way sight seeing back to the over night ferry , I'd just do the tunnel this time .

I took my er5 , fitted crash bars , heated grips with muffs .
Made some panniers , looked a bit of a mess but all added to it .
I did fall off twice in the snow but it was low speed and very funny .

I defo up for it again , more the merrier .

Raf
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:13 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed you are right. I believe it is from the 2nd of Feb until the 4th.
Either way I am very keen to go, so it would be good to make plans as soon as possible.

I will be taking my rat K1100 which is fitted with off-road winter tyres and plenty of heated goodness.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1