BCF: Bike Chat Forums

dvla bribe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:08 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: dvla bribe Reply with quote

had a letter today demanding £80 from ccscollect for not sorning my bike... a fair few months back got an email saying my tax had expired and had to go to a link to pay.. so i checked and it was still saying taxed until feb 2018... awesome i guess it was a scam email, checked bank to see the last payment went fine.. so left it

then i got a letter saying i had to tax my bike.. so i checked again nope still taxed.. called up to be told it wasnt taxed but the .gov site can take a few days to update to say its not taxed.

set up the tax then no idea why it expired

get a letter today saying i must pay £80 and its with a collections agency..

what do

Last edited by Hahadumball on 17:14 - 18 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: dvla bribe Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
what do

When did you last pay your road tax? (ie, what date was the debit on your bank account?) And what dates are referred to in the paperwork from DVLA?

Presumably all of this is definitely referring to the same bike?

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: dvla bribe Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:
what do

When did you actually last pay your road tax? (ie, what date was the debit on your bank account?

the last payment before they told me it was untaxed was almost a month before so as far as i was aware it was due to come out in about a week.

this dates back to july 14th and it was taxed on august 12th after i noticed the direct debit hadn't gone, i had checked the .gov site a few times over the course of 2 weeks after the email just in case it had been untaxed (should have called dvla but if i called a company everytime i had a scam email id always be on the phone)

it went untaxed for about 6 weeks and as soon as dvla confirmed it was untaxed despite the .gov site saying it is taxed i retaxed it.

in short
email saying no tax
suspected scam
check .gov
said taxed
checked over a few weeks still says taxed
letter saying no tax
called dvla confirmed no tax
taxed.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: dvla bribe Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
in short
email saying no tax
suspected scam
check .gov
said taxed
letter saying no tax
taxed.

So at that point, presumably you explained on the phone what had happened (ie their website was stating you were taxed when you apparently weren't)? And they said "Bollocks", right?
If so, unless you've got evidence for the website record being wrong I think you're screwed Crying or Very sad

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 19:07 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: dvla bribe Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:
in short
email saying no tax
suspected scam
check .gov
said taxed
letter saying no tax
taxed.

So at that point, presumably you explained on the phone what had happened (ie their website was stating you were taxed when you apparently weren't)? And they said "Bollocks", right?
If so, unless you've got evidence for the website record being wrong I think you're screwed Crying or Very sad

I don't have any vehicles to tax, but if it's like any other government tax thing; you should get a ref number to quote in these situations and confirmation email saying you paid the tax. Find both an argue blue murder down the phone.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

id told them on the phone that i thought it was a scam email and the dvla site had said its been taxed for ages when it wasn't.

i shall call them monday and bitch at them.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Debts like this can escalate quickly as i found out the hard way.

Mine was not about tax,but a small fine regarding jumping a red light soon ended up costing me over £900 in the end.

It really does not pay to ignore these type of debts.They are not the same as civil debts.These debt collectors will mean business.The rest you can tell to fuck off.

This is a DCA, not a court issued fine.
Civil debt. You can ignore, guaranteed (this is not a guarantee).

I told 'em to swivel after they tried to do me for no SORN. Thing is I posted it, and I'm sure you did the same. Not my fault if they don't receive or process it. They should have told me they didn't receive my form, after all they're more bothered about quickly and accurately accounting for how many vehicles are not required for taxable status, rather than waiting for it to tick over and collecting extra revenue from 'fines'. Laughing

They issued me a 'fine' which confirmed in my mind their amateur scam. Fines can only be issued by courts, I was never invited to court.

Full on ignore mode engaged, DCA tried writing, that went on the bin too.

Never heard since and it was about 5 yrs ago.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

giving dvla a ring ding a ling now

lol at how impossible it is to speak to a human

i must write an appeal and post it to them.. why cant they just deal with it over the phone.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1