Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suggested Overhaul of Bike Licensing

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
tentativebike... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except the governments of the world want to ban motorbikes.

Also they'd mess with it and the result would undoubtedly have the opposite result.

What was it 5-10 years ago motorbike schools endorsed the changing of the motorbike testing regime. These motorbike schools thought they'd be rolling in money as potential bikers would now have to jump through numerous hoops.

Hoops they would profit from.

Instead younger people saw the numerous flaming (and expensive) hoops and thought sack that.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's me filled my 'stupid shit I read on the internet' quota for the night.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:26 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Suggested Overhaul of Bike Licensing Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

CBT's would be valid to 12 months and you can only take it once, taking your CBT is a commitment to do the relevant licence within 12 months, you're A1/A2 licence counts as a indefinite CBT for the next licence category up.

So you get one year only to ever take your test?

Fucking stupid idea.

As is 3 points and a ban. Get caught doing 31 by a particularly officious rozzer and you get banned.
tentativebike... This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:33 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Suggested Overhaul of Bike Licensing Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

So you get one year only to ever take your test?

Fucking stupid idea.

As is 3 points and a ban. Get caught doing 31 by a particularly officious rozzer and you get banned.

Yep, will prevent the CBT L plate warriors who've ridden for twenty years on L's dodging tests.

Well don't fucking do 31 in a cunting 30 then ?

I've not had an opportunity to use 'abusive' for a few weeks.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:35 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Suggested Overhaul of Bike Licensing Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

Yep, will prevent the CBT L plate warriors who've ridden for twenty years on L's dodging tests.

Well don't fucking do 31 in a cunting 30 then ?

I've not had an opportunity to use 'abusive' for a few weeks.

Who's being abusive, for it is not I?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:38 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

Of course you havve, bet you drove a car over a moving plane as well? Yeah right, Mr Full of Shit. And legality is a bit moot when you can't be banned....

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:40 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon they should reinstate the one year "ban" they used to have if you hadn't done your test within 3 years of getting your provisional. It worked. You could still do your test but weren't allowed on the road by yourself for that year. So CBT lasts 3 years but you can only do it every 4 years.

I think there should be a more progressive way of upgrading your A1/A2 licence than simply having to do another test. Perhaps more along the lines of logging road experience and having a certain number of formal lessons signed off. Kind of like the CPC they have for HGV drivers but with a practical aspect to it.

So leave the direct access option available for older riders but have a progressive development scheme as outlined above for people who do their test on a 125.

I think 15 year olds should be allowed to ride restricted autocycles like they are in France and Holland.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:41 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Suggested Overhaul of Bike Licensing Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
I've come up with a suggested scheme pattern for overhauling bike licensing laws to make them less shit.

15 years of age - CBT eligibility for anything up to 250cc
15 years of age - A1 for a 250cc bike
16 years of age - A2 for a 400cc bike
17 years of age - A for an unrestricted bike.

CBT's would be valid to 12 months and you can only take it once, taking your CBT is a commitment to do the relevant licence within 12 months, you're A1/A2 licence counts as a indefinite CBT for the next licence category up. They must display L plates.

CBT riders can not ride on motorways, cannot carry a pillion, and most not ride abroad. A CBT rider must get retested after 6 months to ensure they aren't utterly useless, and must be insured to a minimum of TPF&T.

All riders should wear plates with their licence category written on them on the front and rear of their bike throughout their riding career.

You would get more points as you progress.

CBT - 3 points and a ban
A1 - 6 points and a ban
A2 9 points and a ban
A 12 points and a ban

Tests would switch to a 60 minute on road ride, with manoeuvres performed in real world situations rather than a car park.

Finally any at fault crash would result in a down grade of your licence to the lower category.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:53 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I reckon they should reinstate the one year "ban" they used to have if you hadn't done your test within 3 years of getting your provisional. It worked. You could still do your test but weren't allowed on the road by yourself for that year. So CBT lasts 3 years but you can only do it every 4 years.

I think there should be a more progressive way of upgrading your A1/A2 licence than simply having to do another test. Perhaps more along the lines of logging road experience and having a certain number of formal lessons signed off. Kind of like the CPC they have for HGV drivers but with a practical aspect to it.

So leave the direct access option available for older riders but have a progressive development scheme as outlined above for people who do their test on a 125.

I think 15 year olds should be allowed to ride restricted autocycles like they are in France and Holland.

They definitely need to do something to clamp down on CBT abusers.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:56 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

It's not abuse if it's entirely within the law, which it is.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:00 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

It's an abuse of the law that's there, which is why something needs doing about it. A time limit on CBT riders.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:02 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It's an abuse of the law that's there, which is why something needs doing about it. A time limit on CBT riders.

It's not abuse if its within the law. If the government though it was abuse they would change the law. They are forever tinkering with laws to remove percived loopholes.

It's like all the butthurt about tax avoidance. It's completely legal.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:04 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

It's not abuse if its within the law. If the government though it was abuse they would change the law. They are forever tinkering with laws to remove percived loopholes.

It's like all the butthurt about tax avoidance. It's completely legal.

Something being legal =/= it being okay. Whatever the law says a veteran deliveroo driver is a test-dodger not a Learner, whatever his plates say.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:07 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just your opinion that it's not okay. In the opinion of the people that matter (i.e. MPs) it's perfectly fine.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:08 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's just your opinion that it's not okay. In the opinion of the people that matter (i.e. MPs) it's perfectly fine.

It isn't, it's just there a bit pre-occupied.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:09 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

It isn't, it's just there a bit pre-occupied.

they're

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

Why? who cares?

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:26 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

Why? who cares?

Danger to other road users?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:27 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
kerr wrote:

Why? who cares?

Not really. Thats the whole point of CBT in the first place.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:31 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

Not really. Thats the whole point of CBT in the first place.

Nope that's the point of the test, the CBT just makes sure you don't kill anybody.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:34 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBT came in about 25 years ago. If there was a need to change the regime due to 'abuse' 25 years is plenty of time to do it.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:49 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd already passed my car test by then and so could ride on Lplates indefinately and grandfather rights meant I was exempt from the CBT requirements until I finally passed my test.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3