Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:51 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

I've been offered the chance to loan a Honda PC50 and wang it round a track with the limitors on on a track day. Is there any track days I could take it too?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:55 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
I've been offered the chance to loan a Honda PC50 and wang it round a track with the limitors on on a track day. Is there any track days I could take it too?

Do what? Laughing

A Honda PC50 has no limiter. It's a pedal and pop, single speed moped with plastic brake levers and bicycle tyres.

They also stopped making them in 1977.

I seriously doubt anyone would lend you one for anything other than parading round the field at a classic show.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:07 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

Do what? Laughing

A Honda PC50 has no limiter. It's a pedal and pop, single speed moped with plastic brake levers and bicycle tyres.

I seriously doubt anyone would lend you one for anything other than parading round the field at a classic show.

Still be able to wang it won't I?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:11 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

Still be able to wang it won't I?

If you pedal it at the same time as you 'wang' it, it'll accelerate twice as fast. It'll still only do about 25 mph though.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:13 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Is there any track days I could take it too?

No.

Your lack of full license will also be a problem.

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 22:03 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:
Is there any track days I could take it too?

No.

Off-road, no license needed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:09 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:
Ste wrote:

No.

But required by the track owners.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 22:20 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Do what? Laughing

Ha! You remember them too!

Even slower than the other single-geared boringmobiles.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:28 - 18 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

tentativebiker wrote:

Which track is that?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:12 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:

Ha! You remember them too!

Even slower than the other single-geared boringmobiles.

I used to have one for commuting round Edinburgh when I was at college. Fastest thing in town because I used to knock the engine off and take short-cuts along the cycle paths on the basis noone would know if I was or wasn't allowed to. It would hit 40 on the flat though, if given a sufficiently long run-up, the trick was then to not slow down again for anything.

Ran into problems at one filling station because they had a "2.5 litre minimum delivery" and some jobsworth took it upon themselves to whinge about me putting 1.8l into my 2l tank.

The MOT guy tried to fail it on not having a high beam and bald tyres until I got him to look again at his manual. Tyre tread requirements were "visible tread".

Tax exempt, 200+mpg, £45 to insure on a classic policy. What's not to like.

Got stolen in the end.

The idea of ragging one round a racetrack is still making me chuckle. You'd probably have to get off and push on some of the hills.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:59 - 19 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 16 and on a Mobylette and most of the chaps had Puch Maxis, one mate had a Honda PC50.

Although the Honda was slow, with bad brakes, it was well finished and had quality switchgear!

tentativebike...
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: 1969 Honda PC50 on a track day? Which one? Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
tentativebiker wrote:

Which track is that?

One in the third world.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a P50. The one with the engine in the back wheel, It was my firstest ever motorised machine in 1973. 1.2 horsepower. I wonder if you could WANG one of them Laughing

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 23:27 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I had a P50. The one with the engine in the back wheel, It was my firstest ever motorised machine in 1973. 1.2 horsepower. I wonder if you could WANG one of them Laughing

Even going in a straight line, you were leaning into a corner on the P50.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 128 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1