Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Done did a buy. Please no stealy.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:50 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Done did a buy. Please no stealy. Reply with quote

So, following on from this thread which ended in the theft of my DRZ, I thought it was about time to treat myself to something else nickable, so, I went and did a buy on this 2009 TE450

Switching the tyres of MT43w, to make it a bit more "dual sport". Fitting heated grips and hand guards, and she'll be all set for winter roads and year round muddy fun.

It has a Rekluse clutch fitted, which will take some getting used to, but will be quite nice not to have to take my fingers off the lovely warm grips to pull the clutch in at any point Very Happy

Here's hoping it won't A) Be stolen again, or B) Turn into a complete money pit... Shocked

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread started at 10.50.

It's 10.55 now. Is it still there?

I'd go check if I were you. Any chance of chaining it to a https://www.rottweilerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/34233.png

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:02 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice...and, er...where, er...will you be parking it at night...just curious like innit.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:04 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:
Looks very nice...and, er...where, er...will you be parking it at night...just curious like innit.

Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

Laughing

To be fair, the overnight security isn't a concern.

It's literally EVERYWHERE ELSE it will every be left unattended for more than 10 seconds that will be a source of stress!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:15 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interested in hearing how you get on with the rekluse clutch. Particularly on how you think it would perform in traffic or on the road. A member of our bike club has pretty much lost the use of her left hand and we're considering this as a possible solution (they do them for a few road bikes too).

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Thumbs Up I bet that will be lots of fun.

Trouble is I'd be a nervous wreck from worry and waking up at every funny noise outside.

But I see you are in Bedfordshire so I suppose that give you at least a fighting chance of keeping it compared with London.

Wheezybiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:16 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice
What's a rekluse clutch?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezybiker wrote:
Looks nice
What's a rekluse clutch?

https://rekluse.com/faq/

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezybiker wrote:
Looks nice
What's a rekluse clutch?

Automatic clutch.

Come to a stop, no need to pull the clutch in.

Pull away in 3rd, it will sort out the slippage for you so it won't stall.

Can also go up and down the box without the clutch, but it isn't a quick shifter, you can't keep the throttle pinned.

It's more of an off road tool that has a few on road benefits. I'd never used one before, it feel very odd at first!!

It has a normal clutch lever, so you can ignore the automatic element if you want.

Last edited by Monkeypony on 12:39 - 21 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:32 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 engine melted. Wink

Looks really nice mate Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
inb4 engine melted. Wink

Shocked

Christ I hope not! Reading up on them, people SEEMED to find the engine relatively reliabe, it seemed be only the odd 1 or 2 that were complete basket cases.

Here's hoping!!!

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
What makes it less nickable than a DRZ?

Nothing. Nothing whatsoever.

If anything, it's even more nickable.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
inb4 engine melted. Wink

Shocked

Christ I hope not! Reading up on them, people SEEMED to find the engine relatively reliabe, it seemed be only the odd 1 or 2 that were complete basket cases.

Here's hoping!!!

Laughing It'll be all the older highly strung ones. This is probably fine Mr. Green

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:17 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is stolded yet?

Naow?

Wheezybiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:27 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that goto10 and monkeypony

Wheezybiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:28 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that goto10 and monkeypony

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:14 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

But I see you are in Bedfordshire so I suppose that give you at least a fighting chance of keeping it compared with London.

LU post code though close enough to luton that all the scrotes are within reach Crying or Very sad

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Be interested in hearing how you get on with the rekluse clutch. Particularly on how you think it would perform in traffic or on the road. A member of our bike club has pretty much lost the use of her left hand and we're considering this as a possible solution (they do them for a few road bikes too).

Over on the TTR forum, A few have used the rekluse, they really get on with it.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get on well with it!

Regards the leaving it parked places, I just wouldn't tbh!

I don't feel like I can leave my 30yr old KMX anywhere, so if I'm not riding it, or stood with it in sight of me at all times, it's locked away at home.

Can be a pain or an inconvenience in the extreme, but once you accept that's how it is and you won't use it as A-B transport or a grocery getter you just make other plans. If I wanted to go to the shops, run errands or just Park outside shops or cafes regularly, I'd just buy a dirt cheap Chinese scooter or a basic moped. Im at the stage where for daily running about, I don't care what my vehicle is, how it looks, or what people think of me.

Anyway, count yourself lucky it's not an old Yamaha LC special that's had ££££'s spent on it like they do. Those bikes in many cases rarely leave the owners living rooms, and are hardly ever seen or used. Probably for the reasons of paranoia more than anything.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeywrencher wrote:
LU post code though close enough to luton that all the scrotes are within reach Crying or Very sad

30 minutes from Luton is far enough not to worry too much about Luton scrotes.

It's just the Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes scrotes I need to be concerned with! Laughing

The only place it will ever be parked in the open will be my work, where the last one was nicked from, but I now have an indoor parking solution that should take the worry away....a bit.

conker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:15 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck keeping it, they are best kept out of sight. A friend had his road legal enduro taken 3 times. One time they walked off with it while he was paying for petrol, he followed and got it back. The final time 4 blokes with bats chased him in a car and took it. This wasn't even in the feral south.

Install a big dog and a tracker I would.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

conker wrote:
Good luck keeping it, they are best kept out of sight. A friend had his road legal enduro taken 3 times. One time they walked off with it while he was paying for petrol, he followed and got it back. The final time 4 blokes with bats chased him in a car and took it. This wasn't even in the feral south.

Install a big dog and a tracker I would.

What happened the other time?

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

conker wrote:
The final time 4 blokes with bats chased him in a car and took it. This wasn't even in the feral south.

Why didn't he go 'off road' or at least, on pavement.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is unless you go onto proper muddy or rocky off road tracks or green lanes, anywhere else you can go the 2up armed scum on scooters can follow you just as easily.

In traffic nothing will get away from scooters especially when the riders are prepared to ride on the pavement or in the on coming lanes to catch you, and never stop for traffic lights, as the deep south feral scum do.

Basically on anything short of an MX track or enduro course, your fucked and they've probably got enough of them to box you in or kick you off the bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2