Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Corrupt Justice?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Corrupt Justice? Reply with quote

http://news.sky.com/story/10000-forensic-tests-may-have-been-manipulated-11137005

3/4s are road traffic offences... Thinking
____________________
http://imgur.com/a/9DUAd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tampered with? Why?

For shits and giggles?
Because the police told them too?
To get people off who paid them?

Seems a lot of information missing or not released.
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition

http://www.jdboatsafetyandservices.co.uk/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a puzzler. I'd assumed on a first skim that it would be the Big Bosses nudge-nudging to get the results that were required to keep the contract. I mean, what else are they going to do? Highlight that the police keep fitting folk up?

However, it appears on the face of it - and of course there may be fitting-up involved - to be two rogue scienticians with form for it.

Wild xenoracist guess, might these be imported labtechs from a culture where everyone is guilty until they've purchased innocence? Thinking

Either way, that sounds like a right case of perverting Justine, proper gaol time for those involved.
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Wild xenoracist guess, might these be imported labtechs from a culture where everyone is guilty until they've purchased innocence?.


Same system as the UK currently operates then! Wink
____________________
"Everybody needs money, that's why they call it money!" Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing new.

Look up the Shirley McKie case.

In short: Forensics crop and manipulate a marginal finger print found at a scene and pin it on WPC McKie. She gets done for perjury and sent to prison.

US experts attend and show the finger prints are noting alike. Scotch CPS equivalent denies any wrong doing. They pay out 750K compo and in the process make finger prints pretty much worthless as evidence.


Polarbear wrote:
Tampered with? Why?

For shits and giggles?
Because the police told them too?
To get people off who paid them?

Seems a lot of information missing or not released.



I'd say it's to retain the contract. It was similar in auditing. In auditing you were supposed to clean as a whistle. What really happened is that the chief auditor would meet with the client and ask them what they wanted the accounts to say.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does nothing to dissuade me of my well known opinion on here. Laughing

The fact that the majority of the convictions are based around traffic offences would say to me it's all about the money from the 5-0 perspective (results based at it's finest).

Question:If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking
____________________
http://imgur.com/a/9DUAd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It's nothing new.

Look up the Shirley McKie case.

In short: Forensics crop and manipulate a marginal finger print found at a scene and pin it on WPC McKie. She gets done for perjury and sent to prison.

US experts attend and show the finger prints are noting alike. Scotch CPS equivalent denies any wrong doing. They pay out 750K compo and in the process make finger prints pretty much worthless as evidence.

Wasn't there something similar with the Barry George/Jill Dando murder? IIRC it was a single piece of (some random) firearm residue = being the shooter.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking

Eh? No different. The police have a history of setting up innocent people to take the fall for crimes, I doubt they'd see a distinction.
____________________
Street Trip'
Yamaha MT-03 (660)
Honda XR-125L
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
I'd say it's to retain the contract.

Thumbs Up
The Forensic Science Service was controversially dismantled in 2012. Hurrah for out-sourcing! Confused

Quote:
It is understood that while the samples themselves were not tampered with, the data against which they were measured was manipulated, therefore bringing the accuracy of the test into question.

Dodgy equipment calibration then.
http://thejusticegap.com/2017/02/14660/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:52 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Itchy wrote:
It's nothing new.

Look up the Shirley McKie case.

In short: Forensics crop and manipulate a marginal finger print found at a scene and pin it on WPC McKie. She gets done for perjury and sent to prison.

US experts attend and show the finger prints are noting alike. Scotch CPS equivalent denies any wrong doing. They pay out 750K compo and in the process make finger prints pretty much worthless as evidence.

Wasn't there something similar with the Barry George/Jill Dando murder? IIRC it was a single piece of (some random) firearm residue = being the shooter.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
If someone guilty as sin but never got caught was fitted up (let's say baklyf as a plague none of us particularly like) for a crime they hadn't in that instance committed (but it was known they had before), how would you feel on the convictions? Thinking

Eh? No different. The police have a history of setting up innocent people to take the fall for crimes, I doubt they'd see a distinction.


I'm not bothered about what they think, I'm wondering what we think.
____________________
http://imgur.com/a/9DUAd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 3.16 Sec - Server Load: 1.31 - MySQL Queries: 17 - CDN Objects: 46 - Page Size: 70.88 Kb