Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Worlds most dangerous countries.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:11 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: The Worlds most dangerous countries. Reply with quote

Just came across this ....

https://img.providr.com/Screen-Shot-2017-11-20-at-3.29.38-PM.png

Full website with interactive maps
https://www.travelriskmap.com/#/planner/map/security

I suppose that it isn't surprising that most of our non European immigrants/migrants/refugees are from those countries that are red and maroon.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:13 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.prepperfortress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/download-4.jpg
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some surprises like Iran being worse than Saudi Arabia.
Road safety tab is interesting. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thepuma
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:50 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Denmark is the place to live then.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:39 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
There's some surprises like Iran being worse than Saudi Arabia.

Unless you're a woman teaching journalism on holiday. Overall you'd have to say it's as you'd expect.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
https://www.prepperfortress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/download-4.jpg

If that's what he said, a truer word etc.......

But its nothing new - meddle with arab dictators and get a whole heap of shit whatever happens.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:25 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been to one that is classed as High on that list, Baalbek, Lebanon. At the time it wasn't advised to visit but now I don't think tourists are allowed anywhere near. It felt quite dodgy whilst we were there, there were political (Hezbollah) posters all over. Most people will say isn't all of Lebanon like that, no definitely not but I still hear the phrase "rough as Beirut" so that will always be the general opinion. Still, a beautiful place with loads of history Thumbs Up

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:10 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Srinagar in Kashmir which is part of the high risk category. Really amazing place. Had a few machine gun nests and was maximum security with all sorts of armoured vehicles near the airport, plus a few police with shotguns etc near where I was staying. Felt safe enough though.

Also the 'Medium' rating for western China doesn't seem quite right, given the machine gun nests, amoured cars, SWAT teams, bag scanners at every public shopping area including trashy little markets, armed police and army in fairly high numbers at the train station... etc... which I saw in Urumqi. Also further west in Kashgar a girl working at the hostel I stayed in told me there are quite a few bombings etc in that city but censorship prevents the news from getting too far.

(N.B. Western China terrorism isn't quite the same as ISIS style terrorism. There'll be cultural links, but generally those folk are more pissed off about feeling like second class citizens under the Han majority).

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 22 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked in a few of those places that are at the rougher end of the spectrum, Nigeria, Mexico, some of the middle east shit holes.

As with anywhere, you find out quickly where not to go. I'm sure there are some places in London/New York etc. that are as dangerous as downtown Lagos.

It's the traffic anyway in Nigeria that is dangerous. That is positively frightening. I was late getting off a ship and getting to the airport in Port Harcourt. The agent had one speed, flat out with his hand permanently on the horn. Wrong side of the road, even wrong side of a dual carriageway at one time. That is the only time in my life I contemplated taking up religion. Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 127 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1