Animal Sentience

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:01 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I did see the cat because it was sick but told her to go away and never come back

Having given her what she wanted again, do you think she'll pay any more attention now than she did before?

InB4 chargeback.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:17 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Having given her what she wanted again, do you think she'll pay any more attention now than she did before?

InB4 chargeback.

What she wanted was to be registered with us again then "IKNOWMUHRIGHTS!" insist on us coming out to see her collection of animals and horses at all hours of the day and night and threaten to report us to the royal college if we refuse. Then not pay for it. Again. Just like she's done at every other nearby practice.

Face to face, I was considerably more forthright than the previous letter would have been. I fucking hate people lying to my face, I wont have it.

We had full sadface and a few crocodile tears before she left.

"Better to keep the devil at the door than hae tae turn him oot the hoose.".

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:07 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

InB4 grasses you to the RCVS and the Daily Mail.

Oh, I thought it would go without saying, but maybe it doesn't: the OP story is fake news.

Don't take my word on it, read the Hansard debate where evil Tory after evil Tory agrees that animals are sentient and that we need to and shall go above and beyond EU standards of welfare, just not via this exact mechanism:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2017-11-15/debates/7A700C0E-8BA2-4EEC-B53D-997028C06900/EuropeanUnion(Withdrawal)Bill

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard it all when the 'zlamik (Halal) slaughter house said they stun-kill 75% of the animals that pass through. They do not stun 25% for the die-hard 'zlamiks who want 100% halal killing (No stun) just blade to the throat.
Reasoning: There is a prayer uttered before the beast are dispatched. If stunned the beast will not hear the prayer. Shocked

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:28 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Reasoning: There is a prayer uttered before the beast are dispatched. If stunned the beast will not hear the prayer. Shocked

So I wonder if a deaf sheep is haram?

Even Kosher slaughter has managed to get its head round the whole stunning thing. They electrically stun then cut the throat.

I think more should be made of the argument that in the respect of religious slaughter, the muslims are being more stubborn and less forward thinking than the jews.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:34 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:

So I wonder if a deaf sheep is haram?

Even Kosher slaughter has managed to get its head round the whole stunning thing. They electrically stun then cut the throat.

I think more should be made of the argument that in the respect of religious slaughter, the muslims are being more stubborn and less forward thinking than the jews.

How dare you... That sort of comment will have the Arabs at the Israelite's throats. Oh wait they are already.

Stubborn Pigs, locked in 1500 A.D.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:37 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deaf sheep would just be an eep.

Doh!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:16 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Depends which wizard you ask.

They don't appear to have a verbal component to their spell though.

Irony of ironies, rituals that were in (literally) good faith designed to be as humane as possible in the early olden days are now preventing progress towards more humane methods.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:57 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tory-mps-animal-rights-eu-feel-pain-fake-news-fox-hunting-conservatives-guido-fawkes-a8072046.html

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:12 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tory-mps-animal-rights-eu-feel-pain-fake-news-fox-hunting-conservatives-guido-fawkes-a8072046.html

*Scrolls to bottom of article*

"Keith Taylor is a senior Green Party MEP"

Smacks of animal rights again.

The UK has, in my oppinion, the best standards of animal welfare in Europe. So whatever the EU has "enshrined in law", if that article is to be believed, is universally ignored over the rest of the EU/EAA.

They keep songbirds in the dark, forcfeed them grain then drown them in armagnac in France. They still use sow tethers in Denmark. They do actual bullfighting in Spain.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:39 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

*Scrolls to bottom of article*

"Keith Taylor is a senior Green Party MEP"

Smacks of animal rights again.

The UK has, in my oppinion, the best standards of animal welfare in Europe. So whatever the EU has "enshrined in law", if that article is to be believed, is universally ignored over the rest of the EU/EAA.

They keep songbirds in the dark, forcfeed them grain then drown them in armagnac in France. They still use sow tethers in Denmark. They do actual bullfighting in Spain.

Are the statements he made in his citations wrong then?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:10 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.independent.co.uk/...fake-news-fox-hunting-conservatives-guido-fawkes-a8072046.html

I can honestly say that I've never seen a clickbait URL before.

You've taken the time to read the Hansard transcript in full, right? I mean, you're not just taking the word of a partisan extremist because it's easier than educating yourself.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indi has deleted the original article that started all this fake news

It's fucking piss poor really
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Don't take my word on it, read the Hansard debate where evil Tory after evil Tory agrees that animals are sentient and that we need to and shall go above and beyond EU standards of welfare, just not via this exact mechanism:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2017-11-15/debates/7A700C0E-8BA2-4EEC-B53D-997028C06900/EuropeanUnion(Withdrawal)Bill

I did just this after loads of the wifes friends started bawwing on facebook (she's a VN, and you'd think she'd know better).

agree with you completely - at no point did anyone vote on whether animals are actually sentient.

shit sensationalist headline grabbing newspapers as per usual Rolling Eyes

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:21 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What citations in particular? I see a lot of personal oppinion, hyperbole over semantics and political drum banging based on the inclusion of one word that has been puffed up to give the appearance of some horrendous step backwards in animal welfare but which, in reality, changes absoutely nothing. The legal status of animals and animal welfare in the UK will be exactly the same post brexit as it is now. Sentient or not.

Keith Taylor doesn't like brexit. He doesn't like toffs who go fox hunting and he doesn't like the idea of culling badgers as part of the bovine TB control strategy (which I will admit has been very poorly executed, but that wouldn't matter to him).

He is a looney-leftie animal rights campaigner and bremainer. Animal rights ≠ Animal welfare.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:25 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

What citations in particular? I see a lot of personal oppinion, hyperbole over semantics and political drum banging based on the inclusion of one word that has been puffed up to give the appearance of some horrendous step backwards in animal welfare but which, in reality, changes absoutely nothing. The legal status of animals and animal welfare in the UK will be exactly the same post brexit as it is now. Sentient or not.

Keith Taylor doesn't like brexit. He doesn't like toffs who go fox hunting and he doesn't like the idea of culling badgers as part of the bovine TB control strategy (which I will admit has been very poorly executed, but that wouldn't matter to him).

He is a looney-leftie animal rights campaigner and bremainer. Animal rights ≠ Animal welfare.

In the circumstances, i think it's going quite well with the results had in Somerset and Devon
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol DUP. Get their 1.5 billion and now acting like they own the place.
Does this mean all the lefty's for Animal welfare are now all Islamaphobes? Because surely they are against halal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:21 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Indi has deleted the original article that started all this fake news

You mean retracted and corrected, right?

I mean, that's what a real news outfit would do, rather than one of those fake alt niche web vloggers.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
https://www.independent.co.uk/...fake-news-fox-hunting-conservatives-guido-fawkes-a8072046.html

I can honestly say that I've never seen a clickbait URL before.

You've taken the time to read the Hansard transcript in full, right? I mean, you're not just taking the word of a partisan extremist because it's easier than educating yourself.

I didn't read it, I saw it in between rounds of COD. Just thought I'd cast it out. Pass the popcorn

Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:11 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for a retraction and correction from ScaredyCat.

Surely BCF has higher standards than the legacy media?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Not as long as butthurt nationalist prick 72 is here.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Why don't you demand one from ISIS72 as well?
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:11 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Why don't you demand one from ISIS72 as well?

Because he's blicked. There's no milk left in that lolcow.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You blocked him or he blocked you? Laughing
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:46 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

You blocked him or he blocked you? Laughing

I chucked him.

He committed the ultimate crime: he created a redundant thread.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2