Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So.....What do you need (want) to buy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:
I need to buy some new y fronts as mine are white and have massive yellow piss stains on the crotch. I need socks too as mine are full of holes on the toes and heels.

Sort yourself out, dude.
Manky socks are vile.

A toe* sticking out of a hole in a sock is a dealbreaker for most women, when it comes to hot dates.

You could be Prince Charming, Mr Right, even just Mr Right Now ... but as soon as your shoe is off, most girls want to keep their knickers on. Only the truly desperate will shag a bloke with his toe sticking out of his sock.

*(hairy or not/pedicured or not)

So hang on a sec - you're saying a toe poking through a sock is worse than some vile chromatography crotched y-fronts?!?!?

If the tables were turned pretty sure I'd prefer a woman with a holey sock over one with piss stinking / stained knickers.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:07 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these bits.

And a Solway Dory expedition sailing rig.

And some sailing lessons.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't wash a hole out of a sock.

Stinky under-dungers are a deal breaker as well (obviously) ... but the point I was making is that holes in socks are EQUALLY as much of an unpleasant personal trait.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

@trevor saxe-coburg-gotha (Bet your name is John).

I'm after the SE Electronics R1 circa 2006 and it'll be used on guitar cabs. [edit] A different tool for different tones. Have used a room measurement mic in the past with a dynamic...heck I've used a contact mic on a ripped cone before. Very Happy

The Tele....Thinking Hmmm the Tele....which Tele I ask myself.
I adore my Strat Plus with its modern practicality (noiseless pups..locking tuners..LSR nut..2 point trem etc) so would like the Tele version but with humbucker in the bridge, now comes the limiting factor. I want a Tele with a Trem, ideally a 2 point but would consider a Bigsby. Fender Japan did some in the past.
Other choice could be something from their elite series, compound radius neck, modern accoutrements.

Bass...I like using the variax guitar so I'll find use for the Line6 Bass.
Or if I come across a Ricky... Thinking

Needles...The goldring will replace the ortofon 2M. It's not super sensitive as far as MMs go. My friend runs one on his 1210..I like.

Mixer to replace the failing onyx which is the ..well it's the hub really. Inputs/Outputs..... CDs/cassette/TT/Computer/Patchbay/Synth/Modules and a couple for mics.
When doing electronic music I like the spinning plates approach. Get everything rocking and mix on the fly. Straight into a stereo mix coz I ain't got no time for that multi-track mixdown bro! <<<Results are often variable.

Budgets....I save...I spend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:34 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Me me listen to me I know rude words, please listen to me

God you are boring, STFU for once

Last edited by gbrand42 on 20:36 - 23 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:36 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNES classic mini
TV sound bar
HD projector
Porsche 911 997.1 C2S
new socks.

[edit] Not sure I can afford the socks...[edit]

Last edited by MarJay on 15:36 - 24 Nov 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Well, looking closer, the surrounding land is also for sale in about 7 plots, and are all prime for building new housing on, so that can fuck right off. Shame, I fancied a 42' studio above the garage Smile

So, there's not much I actually want or need. I'd like maybe a bivi bag and a decent camping mattress. I'd also like to know that the Enf is running a sweetly as it can, so maybe a dyno session and one of these :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Enfield-Bullet-500-11-16-EJK-Fuel-Injection-Controller-EFI-tuner-9110036/291560491322

Cheaper than a Power Commander Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:22 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van (for trackdays)
Computer chair - Herman miller aeron

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 23 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Best all-day chair ever. Thumbs Up
It was once on a list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:04 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Table saw
Nail gun
Router table
Some more wood
Bigger shed
HPLV sprayer

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:47 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

So, there's not much I actually want or need. I'd like maybe a bivi bag and a decent camping mattress. I'd also like to know that the Enf is running a sweetly as it can, so maybe a dyno session and one of these :-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Enfield-Bullet-500-11-16-EJK-Fuel-Injection-Controller-EFI-tuner-9110036/291560491322

Cheaper than a Power Commander Smile

It'd have to be. Hitchcocks are sold out of Mk1 Amal conversion kits...

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
A new pair of North Face slippers, had to retire mine due to pungent aroma.

I read that as "North East Slappers", your statement still stands regardless. Laughing

Bodyguard wrote:
I need to buy some new y fronts as mine are white and have massive yellow piss stains on the crotch. I need socks too as mine are full of holes on the toes and heels.

Thinking
...Perhaps it's best for all if you revert back to the bullshit and lies.
It doesn't appear the truth is doing much for your image either tbh. Laughing

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

When doing electronic music I like the spinning plates approach. Get everything rocking and mix on the fly. Straight into a stereo mix coz I ain't got no time for that multi-track mixdown bro! <<<Results are often variable.

Totally agree w/ that method. Bollocks to proper mixing. But I am a bit of a less-is-more sort of dabbler and find four tracks is generally enough (I like stereo though - so I might be lying there). I used to use my old Tascam 424mkIII as a mixer, and always found that to be "good enough" - even though I've got a 1402 vlx pro. Bit overkill, that. Found the 424 a bit quicker and easier to use too - even if the sound wasn't as good. To be fair though the Mackie's distortion on clipping was generally a lot better - although with electronic sounds that didn't come into play so much as it did with e.g. real drums.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought another watch - it's like I can't help myself.

The worst of it is I sort of maybe just a little bit promised the wife I wouldn't buy any more watches after I bought the last watch because it was hideously expensive and I bought it on a bit of a whim without having really run it by her first (not required for most things, we're pretty easy going with each other over money, but this was well out there). Now I need to explain why I've bought another watch on a whim, without consulting her Laughing

And it's not even 'perfect' as it comes; I'm going to have to buy a new strap or two.

Outside of that, once the house is finally done and all finished off I'm going back in the market for one of these:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710290754548?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&radius=200&model=612&make=FERRARI&postcode=ss131af&page=1

Last time around it got scuppered by the missus' needs for a bespoke kitchen Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I need:

A bottle of Mitsouko
Flea pipettes for my cats
A trumpet
A cashmere blanket
An accountant
A holiday in Scotland
A meal of cocktails, which starts with a Whiskey Sour, followed by a Tequila Sunrise, then moves on to a jug of Margaritas, and ends with a Brandy Alexander and a shot of Amaretto.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:04 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what I'll need just after christmas are two monthly rail season tickets...

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 16:37 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one purchase motivation? I'm fresh out atm.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy 1 deadline get a motivation free.

If only it were so simple.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I returned a motivation and got apathy as a replacement. Kick in the balls that was....I couldn't care less.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need me a new helmet, purchase will be imminent.

Problem is i need to get one that looks like my current/ old one so my Mrs doesn't notice - she will notice either way though

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:

Problem is i need to get one that looks like my current/ old one so my Mrs doesn't notice - she will notice either way though

helmet bag fro the win

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Bollocks to proper mixing. But I am a bit of a less-is-more sort of dabbler and find four tracks is generally enough (I like stereo though - so I might be lying there).

I like to listen to a mix in mono to sort the frequency spread first, then worry about stereo placement. If you've got a piano stomping all over the bass player's domain, you can eq it down a tad, and it's easier to spot in mono.

Less is definitely more though. I like to stick with 8 tracks, but we did a cover of Elton John's "Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" and used about 90 tracks (kept raw and effects separate). Elton only used 48 on the original Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:47 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:

Ooohh, new helmet. Want one of those too. Open face.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 21:07 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelin Pilot RS Tyres

Some Alpinestars Mesh Textiles

trevoriv
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 24 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
I've just bought another watch - it's like I can't help myself.

The worst of it is I sort of maybe just a little bit promised the wife I wouldn't buy any more watches after I bought the last watch because it was hideously expensive and I bought it on a bit of a whim without having really run it by her first (not required for most things, we're pretty easy going with each other over money, but this was well out there). Now I need to explain why I've bought another watch on a whim, without consulting her Laughing

And it's not even 'perfect' as it comes; I'm going to have to buy a new strap or two.

Outside of that, once the house is finally done and all finished off I'm going back in the market for one of these:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710290754548?advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&radius=200&model=612&make=FERRARI&postcode=ss131af&page=1

Last time around it got scuppered by the missus' needs for a bespoke kitchen Rolling Eyes

Give us a job mister! Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 125 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9