Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So.....What do you need (want) to buy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I discovered that I need two (2) (ii) new front tyres, cos I have taken chunks out of the ones I have.

I don't *want* them, but I agree with the man from the garage that in at least one case I definitely need a new tyre.
( oops, such kerbs! bigly chunks of rubber missing) Laughing Mad Brick Wall

Also I definitely and desperately need my nails done - but there were no parking spaces near the Chinesey ladies when I went past, so they will have to wait. I'll cut 'em.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:59 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen..jen...Jenni JEn JeN. Didn't anyone tell you to save the chunks of rubber?
The man from t'garage will glue them back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Today I discovered that I need two (2) (ii) new front tyres, cos I have taken chunks out of the ones I have.

Also I definitely and desperately need my nails done

Shocked I sometimes get all wound up and edgy, but I've never torn chunks out of my tyres with my bare hands before!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Anyone looking at the state of my nails this morning might well think I had dug them out with my bare hands Laughing

I can barely remember where the driver side one happened, one day earlier this week.

I do remember thinking "Cor! That sounded loud", as I went over the kerb - plus my wheeltrim fell off - I had to get out and retrieve it.

But as I was on my way to collect someone, and it happened in one of those wanky places with a islandy-kerby thing dividing the opposite sides of the road, and a bus was oncoming (somewhere like Minories or Liverpool Street) I just chucked the wheeltrim back over the back seat and kept going.

The other tyre, yeah I can now see that it's likely all those times I thought I got away with just scraping the wheeltrim, maybe it wasn't as minor as I had assumed after all. Shifty
(or else my hateful-little-Polish-poof neighbour is slicing bits off while I am asleep ... Thinking )

#womendrivers - oh yeah, that's me

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:13 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want a 4k ultra HD telly.
New car has to be paid for first so maybe in the new year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know much about new LED tv's then?
I'm also going to be looking next year for a new LED tv, but I'm lost to what I want/need and should be looking for? Is 4k very important to have, and how widely broadcast are 4k tv programs?

I'm also lost with what the difference is between OLED and QLED, HDR and all the other current technology terms?

All I do know is the size screen I want, the budget I've got, and that I'm coming from a plasma TV, so don't want a downgrade in picture quality from what I have now?

Also are 3'' thick plasma TV's worth anything or are sellable these days? No worries if not as I can find a use for my old one, maybe as a workshop tv?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanna smart tv
... but my paranoia is too extreme* Shifty

I dunneven know what I am worried about, some piss-arse fat little old woman, low-grade loner stoner cake-freak with a fondness for red lipstick, erotica and the generally arcane, is not going to interest the powers that be Rolling Eyes

But then, Mrs "Hello Google" on my phone has already got bigger ears than I would like her to have. Had to turn that bitch off.

Perhaps we could sit here communicating by Etchasketch.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Do you know much about new LED tv's then?

In a word, no. Confused
I have however, been instructed to look for anything which mentions HDR.
I'd like to stick with the LG brand if I can as I've found their products reliable over the years.

I likes the look of this 'un.
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6878315?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59158|cid:200217410|agid:12488203250|tid:aud-144400486596:pla-305627791860|crid:66128550650|nw:g|rnd:4814046897860997457|dvc:t|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:1006897&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIycjOo9ra1wIVh7_tCh3xkwPhEAQYASABEgKkVfD_BwE

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 25 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks plenty ok to me too! I heard that QLED can be better than OLED for picture quality, but its not always? Who knows what the rules are for a good tv but without being too anal/geeky about every last bit of tech?

It's just my plasma has been really great for 5years, and the picture I think is good. I want something decent or the same, and in the past I've been quite unimpressed with some LCD tv's.

Im not a brand whore, but like you I do rate LG quite highly just from my own experience. Not so impressed with Sony and especially Panasonic tv's, after being told Panasonic were the mutts nuts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:35 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'd like to stick with the LG brand if I can as I've found their products reliable over the years.

I always find it amusing no one remembers Goldstar and how bad they were...

...and still are Shhh!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Goldstar stereo mini system new in 1994, and it lasted 10years before the CD drive started playing up. Think I'd had my money's worth by then though.

In TV's I don't see a clear market leader tbh? It's a bit different with audio equipment as there are known go to brands for the best sound quality and performance.

I used to be told back in my electronics city&guilds course, that Panasonic made alot of the LCD screens for most tv's, and they were superior to most. But you tell me a great brand of TV today across all size and type segments?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 26 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
It's just my plasma has been really great for 5years, and the picture I think is good. I want something decent or the same, and in the past I've been quite unimpressed with some LCD tv's.

Im not a brand whore, but like you I do rate LG quite highly just from my own experience. Not so impressed with Sony and especially Panasonic tv's, after being told Panasonic were the mutts nuts.

I can't really fault my current tv, its also been great for the past 5 years or so, but it only really shines if I'm gaming or watching HD channels.
An UHD telly box makes everything look HD.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend has an LG TV with so much lag it's unbelievable, although I've seen better LG sets. I don't rate Panasonics, they don't seem to last. My Sony TV's 9 years old now and I had another one before that was pretty good.

Anyhoo I need:
- A new CPU, mines started BSOD'ing.
- Bigger portable drive for the Xbox (2tb+)
- Set of forks for my Boardman
...and some rechargeable batteries

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some posh Oberon bar end mirrors.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:54 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
A friend has an LG TV with so much lag it's unbelievable, although I've seen better LG sets. I don't rate Panasonics, they don't seem to last. My Sony TV's 9 years old now and I had another one before that was pretty good.

Anyhoo I need:

we get a new to us sony tele every five years
last one was ten years old when we sold it on as will this one be when we get the next

my father in law upgrades and we always get the old one Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
M.C wrote:

Anyhoo I need:

we get a new to us sony tele every five years
last one was ten years old when we sold it on as will this one be when we get the next

my father in law upgrades and we always get the old one Laughing Laughing

I'm secretly willing my TV to die so I can justify upgrading Smile
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:48 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
recman wrote:

I always find it amusing no one remembers Goldstar and how bad they were...

...and still are Shhh!

I've had Sony, Samsung and LG TVs for years, and right now I have:

55" 4k Smart LG
42" LG
32" Smart LED LG tv
27" LG TV

The 42" I've had for about 5 years now. The only problem that I've had (have?) is the remote control, some of the more frequently used buttons aren't instantly responding. The 32" Smart TV has one of the best pictures I've seen on a TV.
The 55" 4k is lovely when in UltraHD mode, but there isn't a massive amount of content at the minute.

The only thing I want to add is a couple of soundbars.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I'm secretly willing my TV to die so I can justify upgrading Smile

Ditto. Ours was ten years old last month. I don't want a teenager in the house.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:15 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in this club too!

But to a total noob, how do modern led tv's compare picture wise to a 7yr old Plasma?

I'd like a smart tv, and because LED is much lighter and shallower in dimensions, it would mean I could go bigger up to a max of about 55'' in the corner of the wall it's fitted to.

Is there like an ergo calculator for TV's, to tell you what screen size you should have, based on how far away you sit from the TV? Laughing

In my case it's 6.2m from sofas to tv, and I have a 46'' telly currently.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:16 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'm in this club too!

But to a total noob, how do modern led tv's compare picture wise to a 7yr old Plasma?

Like you wouldn't believe. It's a world of difference.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:21 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I'm in this club too!

I'd like a smart tv, and because LED is much lighter and shallower in dimensions, it would mean I could go bigger up to a max of about 55'' in the corner of the wall it's fitted to.

Is there like an ergo calculator for TV's, to tell you what screen size you should have, based on how far away you sit from the TV? Laughing

In my case it's 6.2m from sofas to tv, and I have a 46'' telly currently.

A proper LED tv or LED lit? There's a massive difference, price being one of them Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want this Gilera CX but mustn't. It's a stupid idea, I know, and it'll probably go for a stupid price, but I'm watching. Luckily the end date is Friday but not late evening Friday, so I should be ok. Poor selling technique. Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

A proper LED tv or LED lit? There's a massive difference, price being one of them Smile

Of course someone that knows about such things would be absolutely falling over themselves to explain.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:38 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new rear tyre = definitely a need more than a want, as £130 could be spent on other things right now and I ain't exactly flush at the moment.

The really annoying thing is, that there's loads of tread left but, it's more square than Herman Munsters head and riding to work on wet roads with plenty of roundabouts on route was quite precarious to say the least. My sphincter hasn't been that tight since the doctor* tried to stick a finger up it.

Well he told me he was a doctor anyway.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9