Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So.....What do you need (want) to buy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 05:09 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a 4K projector and screen... absolutely fucking incredible shit.

That has been on my want list for the past 3 months but hadn't got round to do the huge amount of prep work and modeling it out in 3D which is what I wanted to do, work out throws, measurements, etc etc.

Now I'll upgrade the 980ti to a 1080ti so I can game fluidly at above 30-40fps, which is what the 980ti will "just about" do.

Chill for xmas... in the new year, going to purchase a heat press for vinyl transfer to clothing (already just bought a vinyl plotter).

And then in March (ish) get the Panigale V4 which is coming out, pending seeing it in person and testing riding it. It better live up to the hype.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:44 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I really wanna smart tv
... but my paranoia is too extreme* Shifty

I dunneven know what I am worried about, some piss-arse fat little old woman, low-grade loner stoner cake-freak with a fondness for red lipstick, erotica and the generally arcane, is not going to interest the powers that be Rolling Eyes

But then, Mrs "Hello Google" on my phone has already got bigger ears than I would like her to have. Had to turn that bitch off.

It's only called smart TV because it can have apps. It's never even crossed my mind that my viewing tastes are
being collated by Samsung. All I know is the PS4 looks great on my 4k telly and it's handy having netflix, amazon prime
and now tv. all on the one device.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only very basically read on-line about LED tv's and proper ones vs led lit LCD's etc. Also about front, back and edge lit LED products, and the stuff like manufacturers own built in streaming services and menu's etc.

Still a noob though, and so for me I'll be buying on picture quality that I can see with my own eyes, and dimensions and having all the ports and features I want etc. Oh and obviously within a set budget too.

I know a couple of blokes at work who are very anal about anything home entertainment or electronics etc. They will say you need £2-3k for a TV that's really worth having and is exceptionally good. I wouldn't understand or be able to notice or appreciate the benefits of a £3k tv, so I'm ignoring their views tbh.

Oh and Kawasaki Jimbo, mate trust me that Gilera 125 is an infinitely better use of £1500 than any tv ever will be. Get it bought and enjoy a stroker while you can IMO! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:25 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want my father-in-law's big chopper. Drooling

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPvh3q0W4AAPpQs.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPvh3qqXcAAfBzY.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPvh3q0WsAEwY9a.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:43 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
My sphincter hasn't been that tight since the doctor* tried to stick a finger up it.

Well he told me he was a doctor anyway.

You too? Crying or Very sad

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sTb_MWZGHMk/hqdefault.jpg

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
It's only called smart TV because it can have apps. It's never even crossed my mind that my viewing tastes are
being collated by Samsung. All I know is the PS4 looks great on my 4k telly and it's handy having netflix, amazon prime
and now tv. all on the one device.

Thinking So they're not listening? Thinking

But then, even if that's all it does, collate viewing data, I don't really want to stick to "the sort of things I've watched before" or things that people my age/"social group" might like ... I wanna know about new and fun shit, not stuff that all the other old farts my age are bitching about.

And I definitely do NOT want a telly that only shows me ads for fluffy slippers, Saga holidays, and Tenalady.

I want trumpet players, joyous, bright, sparkling brass ensembles with life-enhancing rhythms.
And sweet whipped cream on my coffee.
A certain type of thrusting young man, not necessarily the beardy nerds capering about the place at the moment, to come and finish my lino in the hallway.
And lemon drizzle cake.
I also want small shiny black olives and roast chicken pieces. With mozzarella melted on top

Scented telly, I want one of those; why can't someone do proper research into one of those.

I want to know what perfume Nigella Lawson is wearing when she bats her eyelashes at the nation. And then I want to compare it to what Lorraine Kelly or Joanna Lumley are wearing. I want to know if Nigella smells of garlic, or just minge.

I think Graham Norton will smell of lapdogs and face powder. That Slippin' Jimmy ("Better Call Saul") will smell of cheap aftershave and New Car air freshener, Jason Momoa will smell of ... Thinking ... fresh sweat and fiddle rosin. And that the guy who plays Leopold of Belgium (in the "Victoria" series) will smell of unwashed feet.

If the Powers that Be (hereinafter referred to as "PtB") are going to plan their world domination by keeping us all glued to our telly/Playstations, then they should provide sensory input beyond sight and vision. That would keep me out of world affairs and stop me from poking my nose into things I shouldn't. Like human rights. Who needs human rights when you get to explore how it smells on board the Orca during the scene where they are comparing scars.

I want a smellovision.
I NEED a smellovision.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:56 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having narrowly avoiding sliding into a parked car this morning (thanks to Doncaster Council having gritted the main road, but not MY side road Wink harrumph) and then nearly getting taken out by my manager in his BMW (same thing, saw me stood in the middle of the road - braked and slid), I think I want / need a car for such inclement weather.

I need money to do this. Any donations?? Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Thinking So they're not listening? Thinking

But then, even if that's all it does, collate viewing data, I don't really want to stick to "the sort of things I've watched before" or things that people my age/"social group" might like ... I wanna know about new and fun shit, not stuff that all the other old farts my age are bitching about.

And I definitely do NOT want a telly that only shows me ads for fluffy slippers, Saga holidays, and Tenalady.

I want trumpet players, joyous, bright, sparkling brass ensembles with life-enhancing rhythms.
And sweet whipped cream on my coffee.
A certain type of thrusting young man, not necessarily the beardy nerds capering about the place at the moment, to come and finish my lino in the hallway.
And lemon drizzle cake.
I also want small shiny black olives and roast chicken pieces. With mozzarella melted on top

Scented telly, I want one of those; why can't someone do proper research into one of those.

I want to know what perfume Nigella Lawson is wearing when she bats her eyelashes at the nation. And then I want to compare it to what Lorraine Kelly or Joanna Lumley are wearing. I want to know if Nigella smells of garlic, or just minge.

Bolded the important ones.

1. I don't know that Samsung are harvesting viewing data, but honestly I think that's about as nefarious at
their intentions would get though. It's basically a built in Amazon stick.

2. Have a beard, got all my thrusting out of the way this morning Bounce! but goddamn I can lay a floor.
Shame you're not closer or I'd come over with my toolbag and sort you out. Can do carpet, lino, polyfloor type vinyl,
(think hospital corridor) laminate/wood and ceramic tile. Is it a big hall? What's taking two visits?

3. I imagine it's a combination of weed and stale jiz. (Still would though)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Missed it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:38 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah shame dude. But that went for quite strong money for an old Italian with a missing lower fairing. Very interesting bike though, and mechanically it should be still reasonable for getting spares considering its a long defunct brand.

Something else interesting will turn up though, and IMO 125's are the only way into interesting two strokes left now for sensible/second bike money. Will be worth something really decent in 10years as the 50 somethings want to be 17 again. Think I'll hang on to my 86 Kawasaki just in case?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Bah! Missed it.

Katy has two or three of them (I believe), wherever she is.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:53 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Bah! Missed it.

Katy has two or three of them (I believe), wherever she is.

I was thinking this too. And its about time for an update on her glorious collection of rare 2 strokes Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
I was thinking this too. And its about time for an update on her glorious collection of rare 2 strokes Laughing

From what I remember she said they were fairly bad bikes. Something for the dream collection Smile

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 23:51 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Bah! Missed it.

You didn't see it end or didnt want to pay that? Thinking

You probably never had enough 1st hand information tbh.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 02 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have passed at that price anyway. However I'd logged on to eBay at work using my phone and was poised to make a last minute bid when I was momentarily distracted by a colleague. When I looked back at the phone the auction had ended.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a new brassiere. Several, in fact, as I only have one left with both underwires intact and it won't last forever.

They have closed the boring but trustworthy shop for fat ladies with huge bosoms in my local "mall" - and now I shall have to buy them online, because I don't fancy ploughing my way through swathes of Essex Idiots in Ilford Mall at this time of year.

I am not the queen of happy today.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Price of steel is rising so those RSJ (reinforced steel joists aka underwires for the ample bust) aren't getting cheaper. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I can recycle the bits that have a habit of working their way out and pronging me in the axilla/neck/eye.

I wonder what the local scrappie gives for underwires of this size and considerable calibre.

It must surely be enough to pay for the next set...

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen, without getting too personal I have it on good authority that you're practically a millionaire if you weigh-in those underwires. Smile

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to buy a red velvet tree trunk layer cake from Waitrose.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ticked 2 things off the list. One of which is a guitar the other a tyre inflator.

Added to the list is the new Cavern of Anti-Matter album and some wall brackets. Also added is 4m of bi-wire speaker cable, a trip to Scandinavia and a ride through Spain.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:48 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a wireless fast charger for my phone, I have a Samsung S7 so has to be a fast charger. Here in the land of everything electronic for next to nothing (china) you would expect them to be everywhere. In my current city every other shop is a phone shop, but you think I can find a charger? Evil or Very Mad

I even tried the apple i8+ charger and that didn't work either

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably need a cycle helmet even though I've never worn one.
Only time I ever properly banged my head whilst on wheels was when I was around 10 years old wearing roller skates.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
I want a wireless fast charger for my phone, I have a Samsung S7 so has to be a fast charger. Here in the land of everything electronic for next to nothing (china) you would expect them to be everywhere. In my current city every other shop is a phone shop, but you think I can find a charger? Evil or Very Mad

I even tried the apple i8+ charger and that didn't work either

I have a normal Samsung wireless charger, love it.
Didn't know wireless fast charging was an option for the S7.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've crossed the trumpet off my list, although currently its only rented. I can go "parp" but that's about all at the moment.

And it really is time I returned to my personal throne at the local Department of Chinesey Ladies, I've had the falsies off since before Christmas, the undernails are no longer ridged and ugly, which is what happens when you get acrylic laid over the top of your natural ones, but I have truly had enough of fingernail-chewing again now. Christ they look ugly and even after a couple of years of fake nails, I still bite the real ones right down, as soon as the fakes come off.

I need to return to the red talons.
I'm officially Bored of the Gnawed.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9