Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

Hi All

Just noticed these for sale ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Touch-Scree-Motorcycle-GPS-SAT-NAV-4-3-Motorbike-8GB-Bluetooth-Win/112659555986?hash=item1a3b086692:g:gSMAAOSwWHBaG9ec

Couple of other brands, same device, also for sale at the same price. I've had one of these for over 2 years, works really well. I've put iGo primo 9 on, and added this skin ..

https://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/387181/iGO-Primo-24-Motorcycle-Edition-1.html

Works really well, just thought I'd mention it.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
My phone does everything that piece of cheap shit does + more.

Well now, isn't that just lovely Thumbs Up Laughing

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:

Well now, isn't that just lovely Thumbs Up Laughing

However he is spot on.... Shocked

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:

Of course it does more you dolt, it's a fuckin phone. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:

My point is dedicated is that it is redundant if you own a smartphone you daft old cunt. Rolling Eyes

Yes, but, when you drop your smartphone whilst using it on the bike, how are you going to call your mummy when you've broken down !! Laughing Laughing Also, I dare say, the satnav will invariably be cheaper than said smartphone, so, if it was to get trashed, less of an issue
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:28 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
recman wrote:

My point is dedicated is that it is redundant if you own a smartphone you daft old cunt. Rolling Eyes

So there Granddad, he's told you Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:33 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get my coat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:

It's called a phone holder/handlebar mount.

Well, thankyou, and there was me thinking you'd attached a trimphone to your tank !! Laughing Laughing

Yes, that is all well and good, but, what happens when you knacker the charging port of your lovely expensive mobile, or, the mount gets damaged in some way, which may cause the phone to drop off .. Again, how are you then call mummy to help
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:

You're losing this one. Give up.

Why? Slow day in the office today

conker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:32 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this chinese sat nag https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/GPS-Sat_Nav_Devices/Portable_GPS/Motorbike-GPS-Navigation/

Be warned, it doesn't come with navigation software, I use IGO 8 on mine, its really good software that's installed on many OEM car nag.

The bluetooth sound isn't great. It doesn't close the connection after each instruction, I don't use the bluetooth sound anymore.

For some reason it also has some shitty games on it along with a photo viewer and other useless apps. It runs WIN CE 6

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably very similar to this, yeah, ignore all the superfluous crap, I've never bother with the bluetooth connection, but as a satnav, it works really well

conker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:45 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ebay link one looks very much like it, but much cheaper. For 44 quid it seems like a bargain.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:30 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

so does my Garmine..

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:00 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Hi All

Just noticed these for sale ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-Touch-Scree-Motorcycle-GPS-SAT-NAV-4-3-Motorbike-8GB-Bluetooth-Win/112659555986?hash=item1a3b086692:g:gSMAAOSwWHBaG9ec

Couple of other brands, same device, also for sale at the same price. I've had one of these for over 2 years, works really well. I've put iGo primo 9 on, and added this skin ..

https://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/387181/iGO-Primo-24-Motorcycle-Edition-1.html

Do you ever buy, use or recommend anything that isn't cheap tacky Chinese throwaway shit?

The bike history in your signature reads like the manifest of an illegally registered Shanghai container ship, and now you're trying to push this Garbage - do you owe money to the Chinese minister of trade or something?!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:31 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

Copycat73 wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

so does my Garmine..

No, I agree, as did the 2 tomtom riders I've had, before they were stolen, but, if you don't have a satnav, and are in the market for 1, certainly worth considering, however, if you already have a satnav, then no real point in 1 of these

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

Bonnie Lad wrote:

Do you ever buy, use or recommend anything that isn't cheap tacky Chinese throwaway shit?

The bike history in your signature reads like the manifest of an illegally registered Shanghai container ship, and now you're trying to push this Garbage - do you owe money to the Chinese minister of trade or something?!

Aww, I was wondering how long it would be before you made another attempt at a bromance Laughing

So, out of my signature bikes, I don't recall the following being chinese manufactured

Yamaha Xj600
Triumph America
Honda VTX1300
Suzuki GS500
Hyosung ST7
Royal Enfield 350 Bullet

I think taking into account the level of geographical knowledge displayed there, then, the purchase of a satnav, from any manufacturer, is probably recommended. Laughing Laughing

As to your question, I buy the bikes I like, just as I've bought the cars I like, and I've bought the motorhome I like. Also, I have to say, reliability wise, those chinese bike are hard pressed to be beaten..

Anyhow, been out on your new, American potential hunk of rust, or, daren't you risk it now that there's a marginally cooler and damper weather?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Bodyguard wrote:

And a handy arse wipe when you can't find a smooth stone.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Bonnie Lad
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 20:09 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Bonnie Lad wrote:

Aww, I was wondering how long it would be before you made another attempt at a bromance Laughing

So, out of my signature bikes, I don't recall the following being chinese manufactured

Yamaha Xj600
Triumph America
Honda VTX1300
Suzuki GS500
Hyosung ST7
Royal Enfield 350 Bullet

I think taking into account the level of geographical knowledge displayed there, then, the purchase of a satnav, from any manufacturer, is probably recommended. Laughing Laughing

As to your question, I buy the bikes I like, just as I've bought the cars I like, and I've bought the motorhome I like. Also, I have to say, reliability wise, those chinese bike are hard pressed to be beaten..

Anyhow, been out on your new, American potential hunk of rust, or, daren't you risk it now that there's a marginally cooler and damper weather?

What relevance does my bike have to your persistent peddling of AliExpress tat?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:

Problem with my phone is that you can't read it in daylight. How do these fare?
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:32 - 27 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Cheap Motorcycle Satnavs Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Problem with my phone is that you can't read it in daylight. How do these fare?

It's not too bad, I've not really had any problems seeing the maps in daylight.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3