Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Rubber Front Wheel Nut Cap *TRYNA SOURCE*

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 09:58 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Rubber Front Wheel Nut Cap *TRYNA SOURCE* Reply with quote

Anyone know where you can get hold of one of these from?

Its the Black rubber cap that goes over your front wheel nut.

for a YBR custom 125. So a YBR 125 one would probably do the trick also - can't source one from anywhere.

Image shows what I'm on about, just incase your thinking 'eh??'

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:02 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part number 13 - Cap. looks like it's in stock.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4217095/yb125spd-ybr125-27s1-2008-060-a/front-wheel

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:20 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearly £8!!! farking 'ell - I begrudge paying even a quid for somerts that costs next to duck all to make. Daylight wobbery!

and thankyou for the info - much appreciated.

*Just had a squizz at megazip - american site sell it for $6.67 so equiv of £4.95, mind you p&P would probably be a bit 5hite*

Last edited by thornnomad on 10:29 - 03 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:23 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size is the nut? 17mm?

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:32 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to go out & have a cheeky measure grr666 - so I can't give you that info unfortunately as of right now - but yeah, good thinking, find somerts cheap that does the same job, probably off another bike with the same nut size.

EDIT: *It's 17mm*

Last edited by thornnomad on 11:25 - 03 Dec 2017; edited 2 times in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:33 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Bolt-Head-Hexagonal-Nut-Covers-Cap-Protector-Car-Wheel-Valve-Stem-Cover/322573643125?hash=item4b1ae32d75:g:zRQAAOSw6ShZVnTQ

I have these on my wheelnuts on the car.

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:41 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a chunkyish washer underneath the nut which sticks out a bit, hence the outer brim of the cap which covers that washer. Guess stops road crud getting in all of it.

Good ebay spot! cheers for that.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the purpose of it anyway - trap damp and salt behind?
I'd just make sure threads have a bit of grease when tightening it up and throw it away most likely.
Ideally you'd do at least visual regular check that nothing is working loose, especially if anything has been taken apart recently for maintenance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:01 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if the cap is flush then prob creates some sort of seal against damp n salt getting in / on. Plus I guess if you clonk it on somerts then the rubber acts like a really rubbish somewhat ineffective but better than nothing barrier against scratches n the like.

Yeah bit of grease & I'll find something cheaper to do the trick - £8 is taking the pish, I'll only probably go lose 'em again anyway.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thornnomad wrote:
nearly £8!!! farking 'ell - I begrudge paying even a quid for somerts that costs next to duck all to make. Daylight wobbery!

if you is expectin cheap parts with motorbikes your in the wrong passtime / mode of transport..

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 11:30 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you.

Although when its a poxy bit of rubber which costs nearly nowt to make, selling for nearly an Ayrton Senna - I'm gonna whinge.

And if I can get somerts to do the same thing for a whole lot less then I'm going to do that also.

Unfortunately I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, a plum in my accent & / or bottomless pockets.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thornnomad wrote:

Unfortunately I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, a plum in my accent & / or bottomless pockets.

and you were not given a Dictionary as a christening present either ....

thornnomad
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:14 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not wrong.... but then you're not right either.

Last edited by thornnomad on 15:06 - 03 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 03 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1