Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda SH Mode idle adjustment screw?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

mauzo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 04 Dec 2017    Post subject: Honda SH Mode idle adjustment screw? Reply with quote

My wife has recently bought a Honda SH Mode (ANC125) and when I was taking the plastic off to ACF-50 it I found the throttle body seems to have a screw missing. I don't know what this screw does: if it was a carburetted engine I would guess it was an idle adjustment screw, but the bike is FI.

It's part 1 on this page.

Does anyone know what it does, and, if I get a new part, how I adjust it properly? ATM I can hear it drawing unfiltered air in through the hole, which can't be good.

davebike
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found it on a parts dealers web site
Go back there or perhaps Fowlers and order it !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mauzo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

davebike wrote:
You found it on a parts dealers web site
Go back there or perhaps Fowlers and order it !

I know what part I need.

I need to know what it does, and how I know how to adjust it.

davebike
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect it to be the bypass air screw
You NEED a manual to get more data I expect a turn and a half out would be fine at least as a start point
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mauzo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

davebike wrote:
You NEED a manual to get more data I expect a turn and a half out would be fine at least as a start point

OK, that helps a bit. So this is basically an idle adjustment screw, and if the bike's idling and cold-starting OK it's OK?

There isn't a Haynes for this bike, and I can't find a real Honda manual anywhere either. (Haynes seem to have stopped writing proper manuals in favour of 'Klingon battlecrusier' crap.) I've got a generic 'Honda 125/150 scooter' Haynes, but it doesn't cover this bike specifically, and none of the FI engines it does cover have that adjustment.

cb1rocket
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauzo wrote:
davebike wrote:

OK, that helps a bit. So this is basically an idle adjustment screw, and if the bike's idling and cold-starting OK it's OK?

There isn't a Haynes for this bike, and I can't find a real Honda manual anywhere either. (Haynes seem to have stopped writing proper manuals in favour of 'Klingon battlecrusier' crap.) I've got a generic 'Honda 125/150 scooter' Haynes, but it doesn't cover this bike specifically, and none of the FI engines it does cover have that adjustment.

bike is too new for a haynes yet

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for a Honda workshop manual, the part code is, I believe, 62KPR00Z - but don't blame me if it's not right, do your own research. Ask at parts desk at a Honda dealer.

Honda uses SM or SMA in parts lists for the workshop service manual, I got the code from https://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/honda/list/s/522/ - (E) here looks like it means English, not Spanish, but the convention seems pretty ad-hoc. 62 prefix on the code itself means English though, I'm pretty sure. I have an SH300 manual with 62 prefix.

The Honda workshop manual is worth 5x Haynes, if you ask me. It's 20 quid including VAT not including delivery from David Silver.

mauzo
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrkel wrote:
If you are looking for a Honda workshop manual, the part code is, I believe, 62KPR00Z - but don't blame me if it's not right, do your own research. Ask at parts desk at a Honda dealer.

Honda uses SM or SMA in parts lists for the workshop service manual, I got the code from https://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/honda/list/s/522/ - (E) here looks like it means English, not Spanish, but the convention seems pretty ad-hoc. 62 prefix on the code itself means English though, I'm pretty sure. I have an SH300 manual with 62 prefix.

The Honda workshop manual is worth 5x Haynes, if you ask me. It's 20 quid including VAT not including delivery from David Silver.

OK, thank you, that's really useful. I didn't even know service manuals had parts numbers you could just order. I agree 100% that the real manuals are better than the Haynes, I've just never known how to get hold of one.

I think it's actually 62K2900; this is an 'SH Mode' which is actually an ANC125, not a real SH125 at all. (Don't ask me why it has 'SH' printed on the side when it isn't an SH.) And it's £47, and it's probably but not definitely in English. I may have to try ringing a proper Honda dealer.

barrkel
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:56 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 62 prefix, I'd be 95% certain it's English. That's the pattern with the other manuals and it's the case with my own SH300 manual.

Wait until you read the manual, and you find out about all the special Honda tools. They all have part numbers too - 2 to 3x the price for bearing pullers, drivers, very deep sockets for the steering head bearings, etc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1