Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Episode 8. The last Jedi thread. (No spoilers please.)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Episode 8. The last Jedi thread. (No spoilers please.) Reply with quote

Well it's a week away. Credit card still warm after having just booked up 5 VIP tickets for 10pm on the 14th for me,
the wife and some pals. Hope it's much darker than Ep7 without obviously being another Empire Strikes Back.

Here's the trailer

Open discussion thread. But please, keep the plot details to yourself once you've seen it, just for the benefit of those
still to watch the movie. Thumbs Up

After the whirlwind success Laughing of this thread I thought I should get the ball rolling -

We should have the reveal of where Mary-Sue-Rey originates in this movie. So who reckons Solo is/was Reys dad, making
Kylo Ren her (twin?) bruvva? I'm not sure on this one because I think Solo would have known this in Ep7.
Unless it was kept from him that he had fathered twins or he was just off gallavanting around the galaxy and Leia
birthed them in his absence. For me the biggest question is whether or not Fin has caught his breath yet. Every scene
in Ep 7 he seemed to be panting for air and a bit sweaty. Space-asthma maybe?

Last edited by grr666 on 00:24 - 09 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:52 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rey will take up the way of the Jedi.

Luke will die in this one, relatively near the end.

Kylo will be far more powerful and you'll see Snoke up close protecting Kylo when Rey is attacking.

Luke jumps in to assist, Kylo takes down Luke, Rey has a rage, takes down Kylo and backup arrives for Rey, Snoke leaves but will return.

Enjoy Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:19 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spock dies at the end.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:28 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Spock dies at the end.

Must have been after the credits. Is spock the one with the cool light beam across his face like Cyclops or the one that looks like Patrick Stewart?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:36 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it sad that I'm epically looking forward to this? I enjoyed Force Awakens in a big way. I know, I know it was basically ANH with modern effects and old actors, but it was akin to a spiritual experience for me.

I enjoyed Rogue 1 but not in the same way. A better movie, less of the exhilaration though.

This one I hope tops them both. I can't wait!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:06 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Is it sad that I'm epically looking forward to this? I enjoyed Force Awakens in a big way. I know, I know it was basically ANH with modern effects and old actors, but it was akin to a spiritual experience for me.

I enjoyed Rogue 1 but not in the same way. A better movie, less of the exhilaration though.

This one I hope tops them both. I can't wait!

Nope, its good to be this excited! I really enjoyed Force Awakens also!

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney rapes the early Lucasfilm classics and turns a huge profit.

Didn't mind the last one to be fair, but the middle post vader war phantom clone ones were utter shiiiite.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:37 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Disney rapes the early Lucasfilm classics and turns a huge profit.

Didn't mind the last one to be fair, but the middle post vader war phantom clone ones were utter shiiiite.

Episode 3 wasn't bad, I don't think Episode 1 was that bad either, although I saw it as a kid, rather than as an adult expecting to made to feel like a kid again. Episode II was appalling.

Force Awakens I rather enjoyed, Rouge One was disappointing, milking the franchise too far IMO, I mean you know they'll normally succeed in Hollywood films but to 100% know before the film has even started took any magic out of the film. Some of the 'acting' was hilariously bad as well, cockney bloke and rude boy cargo pilot spring to mind, I guess they've been playing those roles for so long they can't do anything else Neutral

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unashamedly foaming at the pee pee in anticipation.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 16:56 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Episode 3 wasn't bad, I don't think Episode 1 was that bad either, although I saw it as a kid, rather than as an adult expecting to made to feel like a kid again. Episode II was appalling

I watched them again recently, and honestly I think episode 1 is the worst. It has no coherency, not enough action, the age ranges of the main players don't make sense, it has Anakin building 3PO which makes absolutely no sense at all. The acting is immensely wooden, the backgrounds look like mid 90's FMV sci fi game backgrounds. Some of the compositing is terrible, Jar Jar binks and the whole "Queen Amidala voted into power but not as she's really a decoy for the real Queen" doesn't make sense either. Two stand out good bits, the Pod race (which looks and feels a lot like a cut scene in an AAA computer game title) and the final fight with Darth Maul.

Episode 2: Yeah it's bad. Ditch the love story though, and it's actually OK. I'm not a fan of Camino, of Jango Fett or any of that, but it's bettet than episode 1. The acting is better, the compositing is better and there is a LOT less Jar Jar. Obviously the love story part is massively cringey, and with Padme being about ten years older than Anakin it doesn't make any sense. But it's not as bad as Episode 1.

Episode 3 was OK, but it didn't really excite me either. There were remnants of the love story, of Jar Jar etc, but there was also a lot of decent moments. Again the final fight is good.

Rogue 1: On rewatching I realised that Captain Andor, instead of being charismatic, tough and mysterious is actually just boring, flat and a bit of a d*ck. It also doesn't make sense for Tarkin to effectively take credit for the construction of the Death Star in ANH, nor does it make sense that Darth Vader should address choke hold guy when he says "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've created...". It also makes Princess Leia a bit of a pratt, and it renders the whole "If this is a consular ship, then where is the ambassador?" business a bit of a nonsense.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno I've not watched them in years, I remember episode 2 being like watching an annoying teenager go through puberty. I actually found the Robot Chicken pisstake better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzW727RY-ig Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 15 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home at 1.20am, was a good family film. As an adult viewer I'd have like to have seen a more gritty movie,
but there was a lot going on, some new characters, (Benicio del Toros character will definitely feature again at some
point I reckon) and some old, was great to see an old and grumpy Luke. There are a few semi shocking moments,
and some great battle sequences. As per Disney form, they have gone all out on the 'diversity is gooooooood m'kay' cast,
but apart from that it wasn't too OTT with the "message". I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it last night with my 10 year old son, he really liked and i thought it was good, i loved the originals as a kid, never liked the ewan mcgregor ones at all but the newest ones are pretty good.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Ep1-3 should be put away in a box never to be played again.

The Force Awakens was a bit of a mix of the original movies with a plans hidden in a droid and a new death star, however much better than ep-1-3 it was a safe movie for them to make.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood all the hate for the prequel trilogy. I was in primary school when Episode I was released and outside of the film itself there was so much content. I had all the Lego and there were so many great games that came out of it. One of the only films that had a decent action game offshoot as well as podracer, which was just a few minutes of the film but at the time it was a great racing game. I spent forever trying to beat Jedi Power Battles with my friends too and never managed it.
Episode II and III gave us the original Battlefront games, which have now been ruined by EA remakes. Republic Commando was a great fps as well, even though it was never really popular.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Ep1-3 should be put away in a box never to be played again.

Yep, that's pretty much what I've done since I first bought them when they came out on DVD.

TBH I found them so bad they killed all enthusiasm I would have had for.watching any more episodes.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

-Monty-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it on Friday. Overall, I enjoyed the film, although Disney are obviously trying to make the films appeal to a wider audience, so it doesn't exactly feel like a Star Wars film. But a good Sci-Fi nonetheless Thumbs Up

I'm not a Star Wars fanboy so the fact it doesn't feel like a Star Wars film doesn't really bother me. I imagine the fanboys will be raging though.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:05 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I've never understood all the hate for the prequel trilogy. [Talks about things other than the films]

Meesa happy yousa likey-like dem.

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I've never understood all the hate for the prequel trilogy. I was in primary school when Episode I was released

And that, young padawan, is why you fail... Wink

Saw the latest one last night. On the whole, pretty enjoyable. A few cringy 'comedy' moments some dipshit of a Disney exec presumably decided were a good idea, but certainly didn't spoil it.

Haven't left much story for part 3 (9) though...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Return of the Jedi

An appalling film, I'd say only Empire really deserves the plaudits given to the whole original trilogy. Even with the It's a Trap!/Jedi Family Guy piss-take they were like let's get through this Laughing

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:
Return of the Jedi

An appalling film, I'd say only Empire really deserves the plaudits given to the whole original trilogy. Even with the It's a Trap!/Jedi Family Guy piss-take they were like let's get through this Laughing

I was a kid when these were out and loved them, now as an adult i am still fond of originals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
P. This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:03 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Poor show Paddy, That counts as a spoiler. You didn't need to point out which half it was. I wanted to chat about it
to the lads I play GTA with last night and they were all on full media "la la la I can't hear you" blackout. Lots of people
waiting until they break up for Christmas to watch it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:42 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty step for a week.

https://i.imgur.com/VvF9tIG.png

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:04 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was good. Not Empire Strikes Back good, but good. It was better than The Force Awakens, better than all of the prequels, and I enjoyed it more than Rogue 1.

But, it wasn't fantastic. The bit in the middle with the racing kind of took the edge off, and General Hux was a bit too pantomime for me. I thought Snoke was pretty pointless but it did all seem to be pointing towards a decent third part in the trilogy.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:32 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it but it was poorly put together. TFA felt like a solid film. This was very haphazard. I feel like they crammed a film and a half into it.

That being said I really enjoyed it, the action and the comedy was great. I like the characters and the effects were excellent too.

I feel it could be re edited into a 9/10 film. I give it 7.5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2