Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Episode 8. The last Jedi thread. (No spoilers please.)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:34 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

took the boys 9am sunday, was nicely quiet

went 3D Xplus for an xmas treat, was totally engrossed like Dunkirk

Ade Edmondson has a fair part with several scenes as a first order captain

certainly high on the list of best star wars films, bits were strange like the blue milk?

8/10

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

This is as far as I ever really got (I think)
I am slightly confusticated by all these prequel schmequel things, and have no idea what went on after they froze Han Solo (or was that Spock?)

Anyway, after I have watched the above three in the above order, I am uncertain of which of the rest (should I feel so inclined) I should watch next (and next after that, and next after that, etc etc).

Cos I did like Star Wars, and Mr H. Ford is HIGH up on my list of eternal hotties in a way that Mark Hamill never really managed.

But the promise of the rather foxy Benecio del Toro has now caused my minge-uptake-receptors (or whatever they are) to start twitching in anticipation.

What order (names of films) should interested parties be watching the rest of the series beyond the original three.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I am slightly confusticated by all these prequel schmequel things,
The journey from baby Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader pretty much, padded out with loads of political stuff
to show how the Empire itself came about, Also charts some of Obi wan Kenobis younger exploits as he begins that trilogy as a student jedi.

and have no idea what went on after they froze Han Solo (or was that Spock?
If you saw Return of the Jedi, then you'll note Mr Ford was thawed out again after Leia, Lando and Luke plotted to free him.

<snip>

But the promise of the rather foxy Benecio del Toro has now caused my minge-uptake-receptors (or whatever they are) to start twitching in anticipation.
Dear God, you really are insatiable. Laughing If Mrs Grr had half your enthusiasm I'd be getting a lot more exercise
than I am now. Del Toro plays a weird/mysterious/quirky kinda role if that's what get's you going

What order (names of films) should interested parties be watching the rest of the series beyond the original three.
Just watch them in order, I thought EPIII was the best of the prequel trilogy personally. But for the current one to make any sense at all
you'll at least need to have seen Ep7

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think I fell asleep in Return of the Jedi, I might have to watch it again.

2. Best then, if I just watch them all again, in the order they were released, one supposes.

3. It's the result of going to an all-girls convent.
Even though I was only there for 6 years, the almost criminal levels of repression that I underwent from ages 10 to 16 has quite obviously concentrated my deviant humours to a barely-manageable degree.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:41 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

2. Best then, if I just watch them all again, in the order they were released, one supposes.

I'd suggest watching them in this order.

Ep I The Phantom Menace. 1999
Ep2 Attack Of The Clones. 2002
Ep3 Revenge Of The Sith. 2005
-
Rogue One - A Star Wars Story 2016
-
Ep4 A New Hope. 1977
Ep5 The Empire Strikes Back 1980
Ep6 Return Of The Jedi 1983
Ep7 The Force Awakens. 2015
Ep8 The Last Jedi. 2017

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest not bothering with the episodes 1-3 Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:59 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I'm gonna have to.
Cos I don't think I've seen them.
And I need to make my own opinion about them.

Although Jar Jar Binks has now sprung to mind (mainly as an irritating twat, if I remember rightly Rolling Eyes ) ... so I must have been awake through at least some part of one of the later versions.

I'll follow Grr666's suggestion in terms of viewing order, and probably report back (or not) at a later date.

If I die of boredom, then obvs I'll just come back and haunt him for all eternity Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:20 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
I was a kid when these were out and loved them, now as an adult i am still fond of originals.

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Ep1-3 should be put away in a box never to be played again.

As per my first post, had you seen episodes 1-3 as a kid you might see them differently. Whatever people say they're kids films, I know a 6 year old who's Star Wars mad.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:

Agree, if they'd have released them in that order it would have flopped.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:49 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Stevie GooGs wrote:
I was a kid when these were out and loved them, now as an adult i am still fond of originals.

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Ep1-3 should be put away in a box never to be played again.

As per my first post, had you seen episodes 1-3 as a kid you might see them differently. Whatever people say they're kids films, I know a 6 year old who's Star Wars mad.

Yeah i hear what you are saying but they are pants. The acting the story line, Jay Jay Binks or whatever you call him pffft just shite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:

I get what you're saying, but I saw EPIV in the pics when I was 5 in 1978 and as a child it absolutely captivated me.
I've no doubt that if the trilogy of the time had happened to be I, II and III I'd have still been just as hooked aged 5.
I watch IV, V and VI now and they are a bit cringeworthy and cheesy, but that's ok, I get a massive nostalgic kick everytime
I watch them. Watching the new ones as they come out takes me back to that wide eyed wonder I felt as a kid. I can suspend
thinking about builders, materials, new tenants, the dog and all the other things usually on my mind and I just tune in to the
whole vibe and watch without expectation. I've seen every one at the cinema as they have come out, including all the reboots.
Star Wars and it stories have been a 40 year journey for me so far. Im not full nerd getting all dressed up and that but I don't
condemn those that do. It's just an opportunity to unplug from grown up stuff and like I did on Thursday, pig a whole 500ml
tub of Haagen Dazs until I felt a bit sick.

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you with the whole escapism, think thats why i enjoy fantasy / science fiction movies.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:55 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
^^^
Poor show Paddy, That counts as a spoiler. You didn't need to point out which half it was.

Disagree, its not a spoiler. You know it happens, previous film clearly tells you. I've edited my post but really, if you think that the last comment wouldn't happen, you are severely deluded. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did the goat racing make the final cut of the movie?

and it turns out that the future of the rebelion is oliver twist!

still its better than the empire being beaten by teddy bears.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 19 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie GooGs wrote:
Yeah i hear what you are saying but they are pants. The acting the story line, Jay Jay Binks or whatever you call him pffft just shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PCAPj4CkFM

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:28 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you miss episodes 1-3 you miss the best lightsaber battle and the best music...

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
If you miss episodes 1-3 you miss the best lightsaber battle and the best music...

Which lightsaber battle are you referring to? The one where the CGI sabers clip through all nearby walls and consoles or the one where if you look at the trajectory of the swings not a single one is even close to making contact?

Obi and Anakin's fight was ok I guess.. stupid, pointless twirling aside.

Music was good though

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought episode 3 Revenge of the Sith was the best Star Wars film ever made followed by Rouge One.
I preferred the not trying to be funny humour in Rouge One over the im trying to be funny in all the other episodes.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:59 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

supZ wrote:
chris-red wrote:

Which lightsaber battle are you referring to? The one where the CGI sabers clip through all nearby walls and consoles or the one where if you look at the trajectory of the swings not a single one is even close to making contact?

Obi and Anakin's fight was ok I guess.. stupid, pointless twirling aside.

Music was good though

I didn't notice any of that just enjoyed it. I don't look for realism in SciFi.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 20 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say it is a shame when the uber nerds go out of their way to pick the movies apart, detail by detail.
Presumably it's to use up the time the rest of us spend having sex.

owl10
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:26 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
I've never understood all the hate for the prequel trilogy. I was in primary school when Episode I was released and outside of the film itself there was so much content. I had all the Lego and there were so many great games that came out of it. One of the only films that had a decent action game offshoot as well as podracer, which was just a few minutes of the film but at the time it was a great racing game. I spent forever trying to beat Jedi Power Battles with my friends too and never managed it.
Episode II and III gave us the original Battlefront games, which have now been ruined by EA remakes. Republic Commando was a great fps as well, even though it was never really popular.

This is sort of the point though. (As with most modern film franchises)

The whole purpose of making ep.1 seemed to be to sell as much tat as possible. The film quality (whatever that means) was an afterthought

supZ
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

I didn't notice any of that just enjoyed it. I don't look for realism in SciFi.

nothing to do with realism (we're talking about telekinetic guys laser sword fighting in space here) just makes for a bad movie imo.

the original films might not have been as flashy but if you look at luke vs vader's fights they had a grittiness/rawness to them. a sense of luke fighting for his life. i wasn't pretty but it looked believable.

like the rest of the prequels i just think they were all form and no function. pulls me out of the movie.

don't get me wrong, i can sit and enjoy the prequels; it's a decent enough spectacle, but these things grate on me
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 77 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2