Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

NHS £45K payout after woman kept alive against her will

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: NHS £45K payout after woman kept alive against her will Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-42240148

So clearly the NHS screwed up here, which was pretty shitty for the poor old biddy whose living will they managed to lose. But why is the eventual outcome that her daughter cops for a large payout of much-needed NHS funds as a result? The daughter "said she had sought legal advice to highlight the case so the same thing did not happen to others". Sure.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:44 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, if it doesn't cost them anything, there is no reason for them to do anything about it.

If the cost of implementing procedures to prevent this happening again is more than the possible cost of the fuckup. The fuckups will continue to happen.

A good analogy is that some councils have decided that the cost of paying out compensation for damaged vehicles is less than the cost of actually fixing the potholes. So they don't fix them.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it as a fine not a reward.

I heard this on the radio today and apparently not only did they keep her alive against her wishes, they went to great lengths to do so having mislaid her living will directions. "Treatment" included artificial feeding, not by nasal gastric tube but using surgery for her to receive nourishment.

It sounded more like torture than treatment.

They could not have got it more wrong if they'd tried.

I always wonder how it feels to receive compensation in cases like this. How can the recipient enjoy anything the money buys them knowing the reason that they got the money is because their loved one suffered.

That would definitely take the joy out of the round the world cruise for me.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait til they get hammered for making my mate partially deaf in both ears after mis-dispensing very strong drugs
while he was hospitalised with endocarditis. He will be taking them to the cleaners in due course. Good luck to him I say.
He has to wear hearing aids forever now, he's 35. If that's not bad enough, every time he visits my dog tries to
remove them from his ears because they make a very high fequency sound. Laughing His hearing is expected to deteriorate
continually now. Poor sod, he's been through enough after open heart surgery twice, a mild stroke and a collapsed lung.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it. Once privatisation is complete people like her will be able to die alone at home without anyone even noticing - at least until the neighbours complain about the smell.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 06 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. Once privatisation is complete people like her will be able to die alone at home without anyone even noticing - at least until the neighbours complain about the smell.

Its what she would have wanted.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:02 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad stories aye make headlines. Rolling Eyes

There are still millions of good stuff done by NHS.

People should stop kicking it.

Pay footballers more money fuck doctors and nurses.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 07 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX-7R wrote:
Keith Richards has been dead for years but no doctors have seemed to notice it.

Neither has he.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1