Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

sitting too close. discuss

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:15 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: sitting too close. discuss Reply with quote

ive noticed a new trend where i live recently with cars sitting way too close...

is this just a winter thing now...

just came through a country lane of much slipperiness with a car sat right up my arse to the point when i slowed to turn off he managed to slide into the bank after slamming his brakes on.

seems common with butthurt cagers when being overtaken too..

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a thing. Nothing new.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:27 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go faster = problem solved.

Mr. Green

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
It's just a thing. Nothing new.

This. Any adverse conditions or hazards, car mongs seem completely oblivious to, and will tailgate you.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Ste wrote:

Mr. Green

Sometimes you have no choice but to ride like a wet lettuce at this time of year when the roads are full of shit.

Only if you're a beta fag.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:45 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my way home from work there's a roundabout on the side of a hill that I have to the a right turn on. It's bad enough in dry conditions but, in the wet it's particularly dodgy and often has diesel spilt on it.

I often take this roundabout pretty gingerly and car driver seem to take delight in driving up my backside.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:14 - 16 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Ste wrote:

Mr. Green

Sometimes you have no choice but to ride like a wet lettuce at this time of year when the roads are full of shit.

OP - Slow down <10mph the speed limit I find this pisses them off even more.

No.

You are a wet lettuce.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:06 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was still plenty of snow still on the road on Monday, and I had a Citroen van *right* on the back tyre. Far more worried about him than slipping in the snow. Cock-mongler couldn't have stopped in the dry, and brake lights didn't phase him.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:26 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local paper has almost daily reports of 'multiple vehicle' RTA's where dumb Janners (Plymothians) plough into the back of one another, two, three even four cars - 2 millisecond rule seems to apply, that and mobile usage......

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:34 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double the distance between you and the car in front to 4 or 5 seconds. Give yourself time to slow slowly hopefully avoiding contact from behind

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:26 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You are a wet lettuce.

ur mum's a damp cabbage.

And yes, it gets particularly bad this time of year. The usual suspects: red faced White Van Man convinced that it'll get them there quicker, and Facetweeting tarts who seem to be blithely unaware that they're tweaking the nipples of physics.

Remove yourself from the situation if possible, ignore if not.

Related, Lap-Time Larry who approaches roundabouts at Ludicrious Speed and then gives way by braking at the last second, or beyond it. What Larry doesn't factor in is that I have to factor in that he's not going to stop, and so slow riiiight down, meaning he's just getting held up for longer.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast and rhythm is a dancer.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:45 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I had this yesterday... I had my last ride out on the lexmoto to do some shopping. Not only am I blinded from the low sun and it reflecting on the road the whole way, it's also very icy.

And had idiots right behind me.... I was doing a respectful 30 or so in the worst bits on these country lanes.

What I really hate though is when your really getting blinded and oncoming drivers still want to take up the whole Road and ride in the middle. Those are bum tightening moments...

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite lucky in that I get to make up my own hours as I see fit. So if someone is blatantly tailgating I just take my sweet time. Smile

It doesn't stop them, but it does make you feel better Smile

I also like getting to a side road with a LOT of cars waiting to join the main road you are on, and taking a strong position in the lane to stop an overtake... then proceed to let every fucking one of them out - whilst simultaneously looking behind at the tailgater.

Then filter past them all. Smile

Petemate
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:26 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
I'm quite lucky in that I get to make up my own hours as I see fit. So if someone is blatantly tailgating I just take my sweet time. Smile

I also like getting to a side road with a LOT of cars waiting to join the main road you are on, and taking a strong position in the lane to stop an overtake... then proceed to let every fucking one of them out - whilst simultaneously looking behind at the tailgater.

Been there, done that. It really makes you feel good, dunnit? And as I am also a car owner/driver, I have no hesitation in doing it again if/as it becomes appropriate. I even regularly have to employ the same tactics when I am in the car; only today, I was on the Abingdon "ring road" and had an idiot in a small Citroen behind me. He was so close, he might as well have been attached to my towbar. I was about 5 mph above the 40 limit and needless to say I went right down to 40 and made him wait. Pedantic? Maybe but he was being a prick and needed to be treated like one. It fair makes me nervous when these f*cktards come up behind me when I'm on the bike, and I usually now (at this time of the year) pull over and let them go.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, but "at this time of the year" espescially - pulling to the side of the road is more hazardous (or can be) than anything else - given the amount of shite that builds up there.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Hmm did never really get much bother on the bike, but I'm thinking this is so worth making aggro for just to do it for t l'lulz.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 17 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does depend on what time of day you ride tbh.

But yeah many lolz are had Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:32 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

You fucking piece of shit! Laughing Thumbs Up

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 18 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodyguard wrote:
Ste wrote:

Mr. Green

OP - Slow down <10mph the speed limit I find this pisses them off even more.

pretty much what i tend to do when they sit up my arse.

living in the sticks means the roads are forever full of shit
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1