Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Need advice on Honda Vfr400 nc30

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Malik Noman
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:44 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Need advice on Honda Vfr400 nc30 Reply with quote

i bought my lifes first motorbike, a vfr 400r nc30, the engine is not in good shape, the cam shaft is making noises and the bike heats up in traffic where i down shift and upshift the gears alot. Now i need suggestion , what to do with the engine... will repairing cam shaft help because the previous owner did repair the cam shaft and its faulty again, or should i get a new engine/used engine..where can i buy it from? someone suggested me to buy a used cbr 400 engine coz its in line engine and he said its better then the v4 stock engine.. please help guys!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:11 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cbr engine won't fit.

You'll want to get rid, its a money pit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

These aren’t really repairable. As complete engines are getting rare unless the rest is mint I’d be doing as Paddy suggests and getting rid.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:54 - 21 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam shafts may be resurfaced, if excesive wear is the problem.

EDIT: Apparently not, Paddy says. Thinking

Heat issues, there might be none. These 400cc pocket rockets from Honda run hot. It's when the needle of the temp gauge gets to the red zone you have a real problem.

You won't be able to fit a CBR engine in it. BUT you may fit a supermoto (big single cylinder) engine in it. Thumbs Up

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 20:48 - 24 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Bloggsy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:55 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search for 400greybike.com or something similar, you should find all things NC30 and reliable info

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have aimed a bit higher for a project though than lumping in a big single personally.

If going down that route, the VFR's chassis is alot more capable than its original motor even. So some sort of twin 500cc+ would be the minimum amount of motor I'd be happy with, or maybe something two stroke or even a different V4.

Would a big VFR (750) motor have any chance of getting into an NC30 frame? Just thinking along the lines of bikes like GSXR 7/11's or ZX7/9R's?

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:03 - 23 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you want for it?
I bet I could make that engine run even worse.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1