Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurers trebling policy over unproven open claim case.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to declare the unsettled claim no matter what. If it's in dispute it defaults to a 'fault claim' circumstance until it's resolved.

Whatever you get loaded for the outstanding claim you'll get back. I did last year in fact I got them to tell me how much I would get back before I took the renewal.

Admiral can't get out of it no matter who you insured with next year. They are the ones indemnifying you for the time of the 'incident'.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:20 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

What I don't get is that Admiral have been fine about this open case for the last 6 months, even though they knew about it, yet only whack on the extra at renewal time. If it is worthy of loading the premium even whilst it's being contested, why did they not try to load my policy over the six months since the claim started?

Because you bought that policy in its entirety last December as a 12 month policy. Even if you're paying monthly, it's a kind of credit agreement, the broker purchased the 12 month policy on your behalf and you're effectively repaying that loan on a monthly basis (with interest).

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying you should, but I declared my open claim as non-fault before it was settled (and it actually went split liability Shifty), I got away with it because I didn't claim again*. Anecdotally insurers seem to be getting hotter on past claims etc. so I probably wouldn't do it again.

*although I did have an oppsy with a van Embarassed

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:27 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you do is you claim against the OP's insurance company for pursuing you over a clear case of attempted fraud and thus causing you additional costs on your own insurance at the small claims court

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Insurers trebling policy over unproven open claim case. Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
[...]claim is being detested and unproven.
[...]

Contested. HTH.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The immigrants fucking you. Priceless. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
The system does seem heavily weighted towards the scammers

Insurers are complicit. Are the people you 'crashed' into driving around in a Range Rover Sport, or was it just their necks that were broken?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 19:22 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

True, but if I had a claim mid term, I'd have to inform them immediately, not at renewal time and would face an uplift in price. Seemingly here, they're uplifting a 12 month policy on something which hasn't even happened yet, from the word go.

No.

If you had a claim mid-term, the policy would normally be void from that point and you'd still be liable for paying off the remaining installments.

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
If you had a claim mid-term, the policy would normally be void from that point.

Why would the policy become invalid in the event of a claim?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:26 - 24 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

True, but if I had a claim mid term, I'd have to inform them immediately, not at renewal time and would face an uplift in price. Seemingly here, they're uplifting a 12 month policy on something which hasn't even happened yet, from the word go.

No.

If you had a claim mid-term, the policy would normally be void from that point and you'd still be liable for paying off the remaining installments.

I've never had that happen, the policy continues on the replacement bike, abet sometimes with an increase depending on the vehicle purchased.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BCF says it depends if you're claiming off your own policy or not. I know with my split liability claim the policy continued.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:20 - 25 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

No.

Only if you're claiming for your own vehicle AND it's a total loss, usually.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me this is testing.

Either you crashed your car into someone elses or you didn't. Never mind any bollocks from a parking sensors' beeping circuit - did you hit the car or not?

If no, say that and nothing else to the insurer and get anyone who says otherwise to prove it. And that means not just 'here's a dent at the right height and size of your vehicle'. That means show me a video of it happening.

This is why insurance is off the reigns at the mo, people can't just say what they did or didn't do.

It's blatantly too late for any schtummness in this case now, I know, but ffs in future say what you need to and nothing else.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:23 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:

Only if you're claiming for your own vehicle AND it's a total loss, usually.

So, they give you the money to buy a new vehicle BUT stop insuring you? You pay for a year's insurance you get a year's insurance.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
UnknownStuntman wrote:
Fuck me this is testing.

Either you crashed your car into someone elses or you didn't. Never mind any bollocks from a parking sensors' beeping circuit - did you hit the car or not?

If no, say that and nothing else to the insurer and get anyone who says otherwise to prove it. And that means not just 'here's a dent at the right height and size of your vehicle'. That means show me a video of it happening.

This is why insurance is off the reigns at the mo, people can't just say what they did or didn't do.

It's blatantly too late for any schtummness in this case now, I know, but ffs in future say what you need to and nothing else.

If only it worked like that, when the poor Ingrish speaker produces 2 more non Ingrish speakers as witnesses.

It’s clear Bullshit, but I get fecked over evidentially if I fight it or not.

Wasn't there an Eastern European lorry driver or something? Immigrants really don't like you Laughing

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
but I get fecked over evidentially

If you mean that word, then what evidence are you referring to? Has someone got proof you did it? If not, all of the above.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
but I get fecked over evidentially

If you mean that word, then what evidence are you referring to? Has someone got proof you did it? If not, all of the above.

Isn't it ironic that someone who hates non-natives has such a shit grasp of his apparently native tongue? Laughing

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to confirm someone is claiming you hit them and you didn't?

If the above is correct and it is a fraud you have reported it to the Police haven't you?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 92 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3