Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Everyone has a book inside them.....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Everyone has a book inside them..... Reply with quote

Well, no they don't. However if not up to the task of actually crafting some mighty literary tome there's always at least knocking up a snappy title.

So what great work of fact or fiction can you place in the library of works sadly never to be written.

The Conceit of The Middle Class Woman. : Tragic drama exploring one womans encounter with a trolly attendent at Sainsbury's.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And Then He Turned The Gun On Himself" : A 21st Century Guide to UK Retirement Plans.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
"And Then He Turned The Gun On Himself" : A 21st Century Guide to UK Retirement Plans.

Turned into a three part TV mini-series, Gun for Hire : The tale of skulduggery in a declining steel town.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ate Rick Stein's book about Indian cookery. It was very tasty. So that's one I have inside me.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real one is tentatively entitled Serial Killers Convention.
But at the moment its more a series of vignettes, which I might just release as a short monograph Laughing (very short)

But I like to think that eventually one day I shall be able to write "Antonio Carluccio ate my Hamster: Tales of an International Gourmet"

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or "Jeremy Clarkson? I shit him! - A tale of motoring supremacy by some little old dear in Cookie Monster Slippers"

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one thing to have a book inside you. Entirely different thing to have the talent to actually get it down in an enjoyably readable way. I don't have that talent, but very much wish I did.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shit me and my mates got up to in our formative years makes the Inbetweeners look mild by comparison Smile Not sure how it would work in written form, and I'd need a non-dyslexic to proof read the thing.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:32 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nihilism and the art of motorcycle neglect

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The shit me and my mates got up to in our formative years makes the Inbetweeners look mild by comparison Smile Not sure how it would work in written form, and I'd need a non-dyslexic to proof read the thing.
So would you gain permission from said mates?

Reason being respect and courtesy but also think the stories would benefit from a little background to the characters. Otherwise it'd be like...Yeah Dave kept the driver talking whilst me and Nige sneaked the goose onto the bus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
M.C wrote:
So would you gain permission from said mates?

Reason being respect and courtesy but also think the stories would benefit from a little background to the characters. Otherwise it'd be like...Yeah Dave kept the driver talking whilst me and Nige sneaked the goose onto the bus.

Change names, based on fictional characters disclaimer Wink

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but people still do that in their autobiographies (without changing names) (or even sometimes with changing names, but you can still tell who it was supposed to be Laughing ) ... and it can still be entertaining.

Last edited by hellkat on 16:54 - 22 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:52 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You intelligent people make me sick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with hating talented music people is that when you throw up a little bit into your mouth about them, its into your own embouchure.

Brick Wall

Mr. Green Middle Finger

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo-ooo! I know embouchure... a Trombone player on R3 said it's important not to practice too much as it bruises the lips.

I hate myself for knowing it.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of your musical friends have an old trumpet they can teach me to play?

I have some plastic mistletoe and need to practice my embouchure.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does every thread have to turn into pure filth? Rolling Eyes

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity my Dad isn't alive as he worked in a few bands that had Brass sections...infact unbeknownst to me he learned then played the saxophone in a church band.

Dad was so cool...for a born again christian at least.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRqcKOBX0AAU1F5.jpg

Last edited by Howling Terror on 17:20 - 22 Dec 2017; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I'm guessing the Queen's silver jubilee?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local Carnival 1971

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nil pointe.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get yer.

[edit] i get yer. Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
It's one thing to have a book inside you. Entirely different thing to have the talent to actually get it down in an enjoyably readable way. I don't have that talent, but very much wish I did.

And now through the magic of the Internet you don't need to have the talent to actually write.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

And now through the magic of the Internet you don't need to have the talent to actually write.

As evidenced by:

Quote:

The Conceit of The Middle Class Woman. : Tragic drama exploring one womans encounter with a trolly attendent at Sainsbury's.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 22 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if someone wrote the story of BCF, that would be a f**ked up tale no one would believe.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 118 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2