Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:37 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Now now comrade Tut Tut

Communism is not the opposite of, nor the solution to, Crony Capitalism.

I should have mentioned that Corrvpt Svcm #1 was elbow deep in local, national and international politics - he died personally owing Malaysia.gov $24 million in مصرفية إسلامية.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bailout confirmed... sort of

PwC and EY have rejected requests to be administrators amid concerns they would not be paid, so nobody even wanted to be administrator to them.

So the UK government has had to step in to to indemnify one of them as liquidators.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:58 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA

The irony of the biggest shithouse profession bawwing that they may be screwed instead of doing the screwing.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:20 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
be screwed instead of doing the screwing.

Nah Carillion had £29 million cash. They had creditors of £1.5bn. The first job of an administrator is to look at the fundamentals of the company and to make sure they'll get paid.

They saw Carillion didn't have any money so they declined the job. As liquidators they tend to get first dibs on the assets.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Mrs Jewlio's dad telling me about when the administrators went in there. Didn't give a fuck about the partners sneaking stock and assets out the back door, as long as there was enough money to pay them. Laughing

Even worse than solicitors, administrators are. I worked for a family firm years ago doing pre pack food, and in the height of summer my department alone had turnover of £1m a week. One of the partners was making more money doing his liquidating/administrators job than he made as 1/4 owner.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Even worse than solicitors, administrators are. I worked for a family firm years ago doing pre pack food, and in the height of summer my department alone had turnover of £1m a week. One of the partners was making more money doing his liquidating/administrators job than he made as 1/4 owner.

It's worse than this. Liquidators and administrators because well the company is no longer a going concern aren't really subjected to the arms length rules so often the assets are sold off to their friends and sold off again for the actual market value.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:37 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soros Stormcrow scalps £200 million from Carillion's collapse.

Thriving on misery, fattening on carrion, as always.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 17 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying over $2.5m dollars? I bet the directors made more than that. Where's the Breitbart bleeding heart for them? I also call BBC type headline, because it says 12 vehicles, one related to GS, are in line to make $200m. Not him personally.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:57 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharia May wrote:
The government will stop workers' pensions being put at risk from "executives who try to line their own pockets", the prime minister has said.

In her comment piece, Mrs May stressed that it would be Carillion shareholders, not taxpayers, "who pay the price for the company's collapse".

You mean, shareholders like pension schemes? Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2