Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

This is why you don't use Hermes Courier.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: This is why you don't use Hermes Courier. Reply with quote

This is why you don't use this useless shower of shit Hermes "premium" courier service. Posted friday morning, following tuesday still sitting in a depot somewhere.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=102971

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:06 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: This is why you don't use Hermes Courier. Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Posted friday morning, following tuesday still sitting in a depot somewhere.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys?

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:15 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much of a difference between them and parcelfarce etc. I use 24 or 48, I wouldn't trust Hermes with a pack of socks.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:16 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Re: This is why you don't use Hermes Courier. Reply with quote

Its spelt Herpes not Hermes...... Twisted Evil

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

parfcelforce tracking is bad too

you can see where the driver is, but the drive has to manually update it, so.... if it shows the driver clear across town, and you think you can just nip to the corner shop, he might just be down the road...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:25 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AldridgePrior wrote:
paying extra for priority/tracking/insurance neither of the useless bastards can tell me where my watch is.

It hasn't arrived therefore the insurance pays out?
AldridgePrior This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to panic about yet. Hermes' prices are low and you get the service you pay for.

Having said that, was this a valuable item? Did you you pay extra for insurance? Did you accurately describe the contents of the package? If you can answer yes to all these questions then it's most likely been stolen by the staff at the depot. If you thought the drivers got paid peanuts the depot guys get less Shocked

The good news is if you have proof of the value of the item you will get paid out. The bad news is that the 14 days they quote for a turnaround is bollox and it'll take two or three times that long.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:29 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are horror stories, but the company I have had the least problems with is UPS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
I'm sure there are horror stories, but the company I have had the least problems with is UPS

UPS: We attempted to deliver and you were not in so we've taken it to a pickup point.

here's the address ..they're open until 10:30pm.

I go at 10pm...We ain't got your package.

Got it the next day after much faffage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the most success with DPD, usually one of two drivers that delivers and they're both decent chaps.

Royal mail isn't an issue, if they can't deliver anything they usually give it to the post office, which is literally across the road, so no issues there either.

The worst ones I can remember are city link and APC. The one that really annoyed me was when I ordered a computer case, shitty link driver decided it was OK for him to drag the box from the van all the way down my footpath Rolling Eyes

ಠ_ಠ

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 03 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today.

Hermes said they attempted a delivery at 7:13pm

Liars.

No knock. The dogs bark if there's so muchas a cat farting outside.
No card.

'Leave a review?'

Oh yes I did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:31 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

yodel
your parcel needs a signature!
set to deliver to a neighbour
your parcel has been delivered!

arrive home ask the wife if she had got the parcel?
no card has been left quick search found in my recycling bin! the parcel not the card!
good job it wasn't Thursday as that's when they empty the bins!!

but then it was only a virgin super hub and my sons Christmas present so nothing expensive or important Rolling Eyes

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermes tracking can say 'delivered' when all they did was give a pile of stuff to someone local who might only have a car.
Round here it works OK once you realise that 'with local courier' probably means the old lady in her Fiesta next day.
Parcelforce seem to have a different driver every time they come and it's annoying things will sit in the van all weekend when others including Hermes deliver Saturday and even Sunday.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the sender got onto their chat thing this morning and lit the fuckers up. He did over £16k with them last year and told them he was cancelling his contract. An hour ago they wiped the tracking page and re-did it with the parcel they'd clearly lost and then found after his call. After over four days sitting in their collection depot it finally got moved.

Useless fucking scumbags. They've lost his business though, he won't use them ever again.

Hermes, suck it up you fucking chavs.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wont buy from anyone that uses hermes they are the shittest and their drivers lie about deliveries!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

They delivered a parcel to my tree.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:19 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Me and the sender got onto their chat thing this morning and lit the fuckers up.

The live chat person doesn't care.

That's if it was even a person rather than a chat bot you were ranting at. Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 04 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hermes continuing to fib again today.

They don't even bother with a squirmy response when social meeja'd unlike virginmedia who at least pretended to bother.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:35 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pah.

Try phoning Yodel.

Protip... You can't. You can't even email/chat unless you enter a consignment number which is only available to the sender.

I was delivered a package clearly intended for someone else but addressed to me. No documents. Being honest (and it being something I didn't really want), I tried to contact Yodel to get the senders details so he could have it returned. I tried and failed.

On the plus side, if you ever want to send a turd in a shoe-box to 10 Downing Street. Use Yodel.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
Me and the sender got onto their chat thing this morning and lit the fuckers up.

The live chat person doesn't care.

That's if it was even a person rather than a chat bot you were ranting at. Laughing

I did mention to him I knew he wouldn't give a shit, on account of the piss-poor wages they pay him, but might get satisfaction from passing on the news of the lost contract to the scum up top. He escalated it to the "investigation dept" (yeah).

It's out for delivery now anyway and the guy is a regular.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3.

I'm still waiting

The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 05 Dec 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered some woodwork tools from VanHaus for Christmas gifts,
Then I noticed it was delivered by Hermes, after seeing this thread I was a bit worried,
But all arrived fine, tracker worked and arrived on time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3