Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Surprised Myself

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Surprised Myself Reply with quote

Well after having my Varadero stolen 12 days before Xmas and then Judith's Cagiva on Xmas day morning I became bikeless. I saw two CBF 1000 that looked interesting at Macclesfield Superbikes, so off I went to have a look. My budget was limited and these bikes appeared to fit the bill. When I got to Macclesfield I looked at the bikes and instantly disliked them. So I wandered around and looked. I was really after a bike similar to the Varadero, budget said a Triumph Tiger that was there, but it just didn't do it for me. While I was looking I kept on going back to a certain bike, one I would not normally even have on my bike list, but it just kept ticking boxes. Full luggage, fairings, 1000+ cc, can tour and commute on it, comfy.
Well I have surprised myself and bought a Yamaha FJR 1300. Just getting used to it as it is very different from the big V twins I have been riding for 20+ years, but I'm enjoying learning about it. Just need to put my gizmos on it now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 01 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 bikes nicked in 2 weeks, I think I'd be quite focused on beefing up security or moving Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
2 bikes nicked in 2 weeks, I think I'd be quite focused on beefing up security or moving Thumbs Up

I'd be out with a big dog, a hatchet and a decidedly bad temper.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:26 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Security was beefy, now even more. Got both bikes back, pictures and names of culprits all given to police.

Just have to wait for the revenge side of things, can't make things look too obvious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 11:35 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy the FJR. I've had mine for 7 years - great bikes. Worth checking to see that the rear suspension linkage has been serviced recently. It's often neglected by dealers. Great forum, full of info here: www.fjfjrbiker.co.uk/

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

Just have to wait for the revenge side of things, can't make things look too obvious.

Make it long lasting/permanent, very painful, and extremely frightening for them Thumbs Up
I so hope they fall down a lot of stairs Wink
Allegedly!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your woes on the other bikes but hope you enjoy the FJR. It's one that's on the list to own at some point.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 02 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Skudd wrote:

Make it long lasting/permanent, very painful, and extremely frightening for them Thumbs Up
I so hope they fall down a lot of stairs Wink
Allegedly!

I always thought "TNUC" carved into their foreheads with a soldering iron would go down a treat. Just as a reminder when they look in the mirror.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

I always thought "TNUC" carved into their foreheads with a soldering iron would go down a treat. Just as a reminder when they look in the mirror.

10/10 for a permanent reminder Thumbs Up
10/10 for disfigurement Thumbs Up
Sadly you lose marks for lack of disabling them permanently Crying or Very sad

Must try harder Wink

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 03 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry, I thought the smashing their wrists and ankles with a lump hammer was a given Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1