Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Free to labour in the pursuit of happiness...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm focussing on getting the mortgage paid off as soon as reasonably possible.

When the DrMrsDrSnoosnoo and I bought our house, we decided we didn't want to fully max ourselves out, financially. We were told we could borrow twice as much as we actually did. Fhook that we said.

Our monthly expenditure was covered by just one of our wages. After the initial two years of (relatively) higher interest rates we had to endure because we'd both started in the real world of work, we decided to increase our monthly payment by just 50 quid a month. And that reduced the term by about 10 years ...

We see it as a way to have a roof over our heads paid for when we retire. We might get crap out of the pensions even if we get there but I'd like to think we can live "rent free" for at least 10 years of our working lives.

I'd much rather we pay slightly over area rental prices for the next 18 years than pay those rates until I die.

We've been binge watching Black Mirror on Netflix and it's pretty much focussing on the need for external validation, stuck on smartphones worrying about what other people think. Fhook that mindset. We buy what we want, happy to buy what we can afford, rather than what we can "afford to finance". People need to take a step back if they are unhappy when comparing to others.

It's great not caring about what other people think. I'll wear clothes I like and want to pay for. They want all the adidanikeumas, they can. Eurgh, just do what you want. Not happy with your buying potential? Work on yourself and improve your skills. Would prefer to play xbox instead of improve? Fine, just don't whinge to everyone else about your choices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wait.
So Mrs Snoosnoo ... Thinking
Is also a doctor ... Thinking
Question
And you're recently a PhD doctor

Hence DrMrsDrSnoosnoo?
Is she a doctory doctor, or a PhD doctor?
Or even a doctory PhD doctor?
Shocked

It's all getting a bit Germanic.
I need cake.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
No wait.
Question

Hence DrMrsDrSnoosnoo?
Shocked

I need cake.

She is indeed a Dr, a PhD Doctor, she's even a couple of years my senior. This miniDrSnoosnoo is going to have some high expectations ... Not really, but it better be tall, she's 6 ft, I'm 6 ft 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 14:17 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
hellkat wrote:
No wait.
Question

Hence DrMrsDrSnoosnoo?
Shocked

I need cake.

She is indeed a Dr, a PhD Doctor, she's even a couple of years my senior. This miniDrSnoosnoo is going to have some high expectations ... Not really, but it better be tall, she's 6 ft, I'm 6 ft 2.

Calling it now: said kid will end up being a secondary school dropout, will grow to no more than four feet tall, and unlike his/her old man, can hold their booze like a trooper.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Calling it now: said kid will end up being a secondary school dropout, will grow to no more than four feet tall, and unlike his/her old man, can hold their booze like a trooper.

...but worst of all will be ginger Very Happy

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:

If that was the case, I would have succeeded as a parent Laughing

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 16:05 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
nowhere.elysium wrote:

If that was the case, I would have succeeded as a parent Laughing

Every parent hopes their child will surpass them, I suppose Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:13 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:

I told young Master Borg that his sarcasm was coming on well, and he said "Oh, reeeeeally? How iiiiiiiiinteresting."

Actual true story.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/HAPPINES.html
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
nowhere.elysium wrote:

I told young Master Borg that his sarcasm was coming on well, and he said "Oh, reeeeeally? How iiiiiiiiinteresting."

Actual true story.
If true that lad would be getting a slap...and then he should slap you back for being patronising in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
nowhere.elysium wrote:

Actual true story.

*Shudders at the prospect of Borg 2.0*

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:40 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
*Shudders at the prospect of Borg 2.0*

Tonight's training was on the history of trolling, starting with alt.ensign.wesley.die.die.die.

Again, not even jk.

GhostRider
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:02 - 03 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:

It's great not caring about what other people think. I'll wear clothes I like and want to pay for. They want all the adidanikeumas, they can. Eurgh, just do what you want.

Prob not directly related, but I was having a conversation with a girl at work the other day, for some reason the topic of going to a restaurant alone come up.

"Oh god I'd never do that!" She said.

"Why not?"

"Well, it'd just be weird wouldn't it?"

"Weird to who?"

"Other people, like, people would be looking at you thinking you was a loner or something"

"Do you know those people?"

"No"

"Will you ever see them again? Will they have any bearing on your life whatsoever in the future so far as you can tell?"

".....no"

"Then why do you give a fuck?"

Plus, where do you draw the line? People think nothing about dipping into a McDonalds and getting a quick bite to eat, sitting down on their own, browse their phone for 5 mins while chowing down a McNasty, then off they go. No one bats an eyelid. Because no one cares.

What's the difference between that and a "proper" restaurant? Oh someone comes and takes your order and brings the food? God forbid that person thinks you're weird. And they don't, as it happens. Or at least, they might give you 10 seconds of attention. I know because I used to work in a restaurant for 5 years. Every now and then the waiter would come by the kitchen "Got a billy-no-mates on table 5"....."Oh yeah, huh". Not exactly an epic saga to write down and tell the grandkids is it? And still the point remains, unless you plan on seducing your waiter/waitress/Non-binary food server/ or in any way shape or form plan on extending your interactions with them beyond the call of duty, there really is no logical, or sane, reason to be concerned with their opinions of you.

It's the same as people who are afraid to go to the gym because they're worried people will be looking at them and it will be obvious they don't know what they're doing or the fact that they're overweight/not cranking out 150kg bench presses. As someone who has spent a long time in gyms, I can assure you that I'm far too busy giving a fuck about what I'm doing to worry about what anyone else looks like or is doing. People I've trained with would agree, unless someone is doing something particularly distracting - screaming like a fucking ape or using the equipment in a bizarre way. But the same could be said if I walked down the street with my dick out singing "Jubilate" whilst leaving a trail of piss behind me - I'd expect some attention in that scenario.

After going over this, the girl agreed with me in principle, but I guess social conditioning means that even though she knew it to be nonsensical, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease at the idea.

I asked her...given that she would deprive herself of the satisfaction of a good meal in a restaurant on her own due to a meaningless desire to not be thought ill of by others who's opinion was of absolutely no consequence whatsoever....what other things in your life have you deprived yourself of because you're too worried about the opinions of others who have zero bearing on anything? I imagine the possibilities have been endless.....

GhostRider
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:04 - 03 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Proof that intelligent people are thick...Not you big fella, your colleague.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:59 - 03 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
I was having a conversation with a girl at work the other day

Unless you plan on seducing your girl at work the other day or in any way shape or form plan on extending your interactions with her beyond the call of duty, there really is no logical, or sane, reason to be concerned with her opinions of anything.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 55 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5