Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1977 Suzuki GT500

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:56 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: 1977 Suzuki GT500 Reply with quote

My 1977 GT500 will be up for sale in the next week or so. Just waiting on a new battery. I've replaced loads of parts since I got it - All new genuine front brake hoses, master cylinder internals and, caliper seals and pads. Chain and sprockets less than 1000 miles ago. Tank was professionally re-sprayed and fitted with new OEM locking cap. A new, pattern fuel tap has been fitted - original was missing when I got a bike. I sourced a used OEM from Canada but the diaphragm was goosed and I can't source spares. Coil is new. New clutch springs. Crankcase seals were changed less than 500 miles ago. I checked pistons and bores and all are well within original spec - never been rebored. 175 PSI compression in each cylinder. Engine was fully stripped for crank rebuild and all gearbox and clutch components were found to be in excellent condition. The glass on the speedo has a crack on it which I imagine would be easily sorted and there is minor corrosion on the silencers. If I was going to keep it I'd probably change the rear shocks though they work fine.

The bike is not concourse condition but everything works as it should and it starts and runs well. Mileage on the bike is 16,965. I can't verify this is correct but given that it's still running on original size pistons and the condition of the internals I'm inclined to believe it's genuine. It has an agreed value of £4500 for insurance purposes.

I'm looking to sell it because I just don't use it enough and I need to free up space in my shed.

I'm really not sure what it's worth but I think £3500 is a fair asking price.

If anyone's interested PM me.

https://s26.postimg.org/nd6fhf4ah/20140703_202742.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1