Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

For the Jockanese amongst us

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

It seems Barrs are going to half the sugar content in Irn Bru and citizens from our northern most county (yes, I did spell that right Cool ) are stock piling incase the new stuff tastes like shit.

Really Laughing , I could understand if it was Glenfiddich or another whisky but a luminous orange soft drink that you can't use as a mixer?

Have you stockpiled anything Roger Whistle

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/AAAAAAAAAAAAA6-1024x507.jpg

Last edited by Polarbear on 18:09 - 07 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame them, any soft drink with mainly artificial sweetener tastes so bad to me I'd rather do without.
Perhaps that's the idea.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
a luminous orange soft drink that you can't use as a mixer

Says who?
Sick

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:49 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of folk use it as a mixer with cheap whisky. I'd rather just have a good whisky on it's own.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can you deep-fry Mars Bars in the new stuff?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I could understand if it was Glenfiddich or another whisky but a luminous orange soft drink that you can't use as a mixer?

It's to do with the sugar tax and it's a very sugary drink.

Sugar of course is extremely addictive and some disputed studies have sugar found to be more addictive than cocaine and heroin.

Of course like many things there's nothing wrong with naturally occurring forms. The problem is when it's processed into a super pure form.

It's why food companies stick it in everything especially when they reduce fat in foods to make them addictive. The hoarders are hoarding their opiate facsimile.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:25 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
citizens....are stock piling...

Really

No, not really.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It's to do with the sugar tax and it's a very sugary drink.

Sugar of course is extremely addictive and some disputed studies have sugar found to be more addictive than cocaine and heroin.

Of course like many things there's nothing wrong with naturally occurring forms. The problem is when it's processed into a super pure form.

It's why food companies stick it in everything especially when they reduce fat in foods to make them addictive. The hoarders are hoarding their opiate facsimile.

Have you had one of those Sainsburys (taste the difference) freshly squeezed orange juices? That's like crack cocaine to a sugar fiend like me.

I saw the Irn Bru news a few days ago and had to laugh at this: 'He has already made preparations to preserve his favourite drink and has a stockpile for "when he is hungover".' Very Happy

What about the bars?
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2f/cd/c1/2fcdc19b3c194a62519be2e727c3967d--irn-bru-glasgow-scotland.jpg
You might as well have all your teeth pulled rather than try to eat one.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better stockpile drain cleaner as you won't be allowed that soon either!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42585208

It's the thin end of the wedge people.

Interestingly the former chief prosecutor for the north east on BBC news this morning said "I can't think of a good reason for the public to get 97% sulphuric acic or even 10% sulphuric acid" that's a man that's never had to clear his own drains from a girlfriend/mistress with long hair.

I currently have some 91% sulphuric acid sat under the sink as the "normal" Mr Muscle/Busters etc. couldn't clear the blockage.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:55 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Really Laughing , I could understand if it was Glenfiddich or another whisky but a luminous orange soft drink that you can't use as a mixer?

You've never tried an Irn Curtain? Double-vodka and Irn Bru is amazing.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Interestingly the former chief prosecutor for the north east on BBC news this morning said "I can't think of a good reason for the public to get 97% sulphuric acic or even 10% sulphuric acid" that's a man that's never had to clear his own drains from a girlfriend/mistress with long hair.

I currently have some 91% sulphuric acid sat under the sink as the "normal" Mr Muscle/Busters etc. couldn't clear the blockage.

Totes worked for knife crime: 'Under it, retailers will agree not to sell to under-18s'

I once got descended upon when I tried to buy a Stanley knife at the B&Q self-checkout Very Happy

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Totes worked for knife crime: 'Under it, retailers will agree not to sell to under-18s'

I once got descended upon when I tried to buy a Stanley knife at the B&Q self-checkout Very Happy

Exactly! Jokers. I'm just placing the world's biggest Amazon order for drainer cleaner.

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i'v never really liked the stuff.
I remember hearing some years ago it couldn't be sold in the states as the colour dye is banned there, now if the yanks wont consume it im sure as hell no touching it.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:39 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Also vacuum cleaners that work will be banned because of the noise
Ffs
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

pikey666
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 00:31 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: For the Jockanese amongst us Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

You've never tried an Irn Curtain? Double-vodka and Irn Bru is amazing.

Double voddy is just the starting point, the joy of Bru is that it doesn't matter how strong the alcohol, all you can taste is the delicious orange nectar.

Buckie and Bru may be a step too far i grant you.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:59 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already written to them to inform them that if they put artificial sweeteners in, I will never buy it again untiol they take them out again.

Artificial sweeteners, particularly aspartame taste fucking horrible, pure gies me the bowk (really, makes me feel physically sick). Irn Bru was one of the few canned drinks still on the market that doesn't have sweeteners in.

Barrs fought the EU over two things that have no bearing on the flavour of the drink. Those being keeping the original colourants (they have to carry a warning on the can "May cause problems with attention and concentration in children"). Also the miniscule ammonium ferric chloride content (Made in Scotland, from Girders). I'm disappointed they've caved over this which is a fundamental change to the recipe.

They already runied rubicon which was among very few "full fat" canned drinks left on the market. I think it's just 7-up, Mountain Dew and Coca Cola left without sweeteners now? None of which I particularly like so that's pretty much it for me with canned fizzy drinks. Perhaps that was the desired effect?

The annoying thing is all these brands have sugar free versions anyway.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I have already written to them to inform them that if they put artificial sweeteners in, I will never buy it again untiol they take them out again.

Artificial sweeteners, particularly aspartame taste fucking horrible, pure gies me the bowk (really, makes me feel physically sick). Irn Bru was one of the few canned drinks still on the market that doesn't have sweeteners in.

Barrs fought the EU over two things that have no bearing on the flavour of the drink. Those being keeping the original colourants (they have to carry a warning on the can "May cause problems with attention and concentration in children"). Also the miniscule ammonium ferric chloride content (Made in Scotland, from Girders). I'm disappointed they've caved over this which is a fundamental change to the recipe.

They already runied rubicon which was among very few "full fat" canned drinks left on the market. I think it's just 7-up, Mountain Dew and Coca Cola left without sweeteners now? None of which I particularly like so that's pretty much it for me with canned fizzy drinks. Perhaps that was the desired effect?

The annoying thing is all these brands have sugar free versions anyway.

It's the times we live in. Nanny state knows best. The trouble is there is a huge proportion of human beings (and I use that term very lightly) that are reliant on being taken by the hand, led through life and bawwing when things go wrong for them.

Heaven forbid they bite the bullet and CHOOSE to drink sugar free or buy sugar free for their kids.

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:50 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

I had the same thing, I was trying to buy a little tool kit. I only wanted it for the Torx bits in it. I was told "You can't buy that you aren't 21". Perplexed I asked why, the answer was essentially "computer says no".

I asked to speak to the manager do after looking at it for a minute or so said "Ah it's because of the knife" "What knife?" I replied. "It says there is a knife in it". We worked out that hidden from view was a black craft knife

https://www.artifolk.co.uk/images/products/10504x300.jpg

Something like that.

"I don't want the knife, I'm buying the kit for the Ratchet driver and torx bits" I say, "You can keep it". "We can't do that". "Look this is ridiculous, the government thinks I'm old enough to own a motorbike and legally drive it on the road but B&Q think I'm not old enough to buy tools to maintain it?, look you open it up take the knife out sell me the rest and everyone will be happy"

"Yeah ok then"

Laughing

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

Get some learning in you

Although the knife example is fucking ridiculous.

I always thought the stupidest rule is 16 year olds are mature enough to have sex, but they can't watch it. Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:11 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
I always thought the stupidest rule is 16 year olds are mature enough to have sex, but they can't watch it. Laughing

In Scotchland, they're trusted to elect whichever representative they want to tell them that they're too thick to be trusted to decide what to drink.

Malibru sounds like a work of genius.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 21:05 - 08 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:

Maybe that's so you don't try anal and facials on a first date Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:

Maybe that's so you don't try anal and facials on a first date Laughing

Don't you? Embarassed
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 80 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2