Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Microsoft FSX 2020 system build cost?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 26 Oct 2019    Post subject: Microsoft FSX 2020 system build cost? Reply with quote

I like mucking around on FSX and now Microsoft are bringing out a new version next year. Anyone else into FSX? I'd like to get a new PC anyway and FSX 2020 looks like a good excuse but im thinking of getting a machine built rather than buy off the shelf but what kind of specs and what budget would I be looking at?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:14 - 26 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just grab anything 9th gen, i5 or 7, 16gb RAM minimum and grab an RTX 2060 super upwards.

It'll run 95% of things really well.

Depends how cheap you want to be. My PC will run it easy and is 8th gen, 1070ti.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:14 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you want to run it? 30 fps on low settings or or 200fps @4k with everything turned up?

Set your budget first 500 minimum I reckon.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:47 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 27 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this monitor or something like it:

https://www.ebuyer.com/900707-samsung-c43j892-43-curved-ultrawide-uhd-curved-monitor-lc43j892dkuxen?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgNXtBRC6ARIsAIPP7RtIhqCABkwquKEVhyYL--N4aGSJOG7zqZ3c_e-eCG7vlB7izsmBU14aAo2OEALw_wcB

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:36 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your budget include yoke/pedals/throttles etc? They can run more than the cost of the PC if you're properly into it....

I'd budget at least 1k to get a base that'll do it justice, + another 2-300 for a good screen.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:02 - 28 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
another 2-300 for a good screen.

What shitty screen would you suggest for that money Neutral Neutral They are all gonna be proper gash, you'll want ultrawide for the best feeling flight sim, you are talking 700+.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

What shitty screen would you suggest for that money Neutral Neutral They are all gonna be proper gash, you'll want ultrawide for the best feeling flight sim, you are talking 700+.

Never said "great" screen ... you can get a pretty reasonable monitor for 300 quid if you look. If someone's asking for a budget, they're usually not interested in paying best part of a grand for a screen on top of the system build.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryzen 5 3600 and a RTX2060 super IMO. The RTX 2060 is fast, not crazy expensive, has good price/performance ratio and the super verssion has 8GB of RAM instead of 6GB. It has ray tracing but if you want to actually use ray tracing you will need a much higher end card. 2070 super is also quite good. I wouldn'r bother with a higher end CPU than the Ryzen 3600 for gaming, it only makes sense for work applications.

Other than that get an SSD for boot drive and make sure it has a DRAM cache. You can use a cheaper version SSD for bulk storage like a 1TB or something as well if you care a lot about load times, otherwise just get a 2TB spinning disk. Also 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, get two 8GB sticks so you will have dual RAM channels.

Paddy. wrote:
xX-Alex-Xx wrote:

One of my screens I got for about £40 or £50. I doubt you will approve Razz

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 23:03 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

100% sir, its crisp and ultrawide or nothing Laughing

If someone is asking for budget, they shouldn't need to build something for FSX...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:34 - 29 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

100% sir, its crisp and ultrawide or nothing Laughing

If someone is asking for budget, they shouldn't need to build something for FSX...

I only use it for writing code and general stuff like youtube. At least FSX is better value then a real aeroplane Smile

Or VR Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:37 - 30 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that last comment was aimed for at the other person, but if you aren't using for anything specific, gaming etc, then a generic 60hz monitor is gravy. I can't deal with 60Hz anymore. Neutral

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:32 - 19 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen the latest reviews for this game.

Absolutely stunning. I've been hunting for more review videos online just so I can further bask in that amazing pre-alpha release footage.

Never had any interest at all in flight sims, until now. FS2020 is a whole new step in VR/simulation progress. Genuinely excited about this, and I've never been a gamer or anything of the sort in my life.

An accurate air-flight representation of entire planet, with real-time weather, terrain, houses, the works. It even renders blades of grass if you fly low enough. For the whole planet. Can't even put into words how amazing this is going to be.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1