Clothing.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Clothing. Reply with quote

Troosers in particular.
Currently using old tracky bottoms, bit flappy and not really designed for cycling.
I really don't fancy the lycra look tbh and I don't suppose anyone wants to see me in it either.
What do the lycra dodgers among you wear?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Hill tracksters are a good compromise; not flappy, but not skin tight. I use them as an additional layer for warmth, with cycling shorts underneath.

Or just go fakenger and wear jeans rolled up on the chain side.

Paris2
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:29 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear the lycra, because racebike.

Used to commute on a hardtail, so was baggy shorts with padded underneath. Never ridden in trousers, would feel wrong Thinking

BrownTrousers
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:56 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue, opted for mountain biking shorts. Have the same padding and actually have lycra inside layer but without inflicting the figure hugging form on passers by and can be worn discretely when off the bike (also, pockets).

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my MTB I wear Endura Single Track trousers - close enough fitting to not catch in the chain but not skin tight. Shaped to fit a bent leg, vented for airflow (with zips), zipped pockets, removable padded inner shorts and so on. Not the cheapest though (mine were a gift).

On the road bike I wear Lycra® because road bike.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:39 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for endura baggy MTB shorts here with the cycling shorts built-in. All the comfort of cycle short padding, none of the requirement for eye bleach.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the slightly loose idea, I've gone for these for now as I'm not putting in serious miles yet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/4ucycling-Windproof-Athletic-Trousers-Outdoor/dp/B00V5RMP9G/ref=sr_1_20_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1516376597&sr=8-20-spons&keywords=bicycle+trousers&psc=1

I'll look at getting proper MTB shorts if it decides to warm up at all this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trousers arrived today. Seem decent quality, slightly stretchy material, more than long enough with good knee room so no riding up while peddling.
Time will tell on longevity but I'm pleased so far.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:23 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: Clothing. Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Troosers in particular.
Currently using old tracky bottoms, bit flappy and not really designed for cycling.
I really don't fancy the lycra look tbh and I don't suppose anyone wants to see me in it either.
What do the lycra dodgers among you wear?

Whatever trousers I happen to be wearing plus trouser clips. Maybe not skinny jeans although you don't need trouser clips with them Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1