Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Supermoto green lane tyres

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 23:36 - 21 Jan 2018    Post subject: Supermoto green lane tyres Reply with quote

Right, what tyres do you guys suggest for greenlaining? I have a Lexmoto adrenaline which handles Greenlaning fine but as soon as it gets muddy the stock tyres just slide. I do commute on this bike so i cant have anything too extreme. Any suggestions Appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:48 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you commute on it, and you greenlane, make sure you have a "Plan B" for the next workday, just in case it's not rideable, and make sure you got spare levers and inner tubes.

Assuming they fit, I recommend Maxxis MaxxCross Pro intermediates, I have these on my Honda CRF250L which I ride everywhere, from greenlanes to motorways.

don't forget to adjust your tyre pressures before and after green laning

https://s20.postimg.org/7u0emosu5/derp.jpg

I've got a more gnarly Maxxis on the rear of my Beta, and still have the goldentyre on the front. It's like riding a unicycle over a lot of marbles, riding it on the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 02:49 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
If you commute on it, and you greenlane, make sure you have a "Plan B" for the next workday, just in case it's not rideable, and make sure you got spare levers and inner tubes.

Assuming they fit, I recommend Maxxis MaxxCross Pro intermediates, I have these on my Honda CRF250L which I ride everywhere, from greenlanes to motorways.

don't forget to adjust your tyre pressures before and after green laning

https://s20.postimg.org/7u0emosu5/derp.jpg

I've got a more gnarly Maxxis on the rear of my Beta, and still have the goldentyre on the front. It's like riding a unicycle over a lot of marbles, riding it on the road.

Right, im going to check out the green lanes near me and see what theyre like, might not need something with that much tread but who knows. thanks for the advice

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
Right, im going to check out the green lanes near me and see what theyre like, might not need something with that much tread but who knows. thanks for the advice

This time of year, you will.

I run Pirelli MT43s. they are a bit of a compromise off road. Can get clogged in heavy clay and mud, but for just about all other off road applications they perform just as well as full MX/Enduro type tyres.

The added bonus with these is that they perform really well on road, and don't tear chunks of the tread blocks. I find full knobblies, even the road legal ones, an absolute nightmare for any meaningful road use.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:45 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
I find full knobblies, even the road legal ones, an absolute nightmare for any meaningful road use.

You mean they turn a mundane commute into an adrenaline fueled adventure, for extra fun remove mirrors and indicators. Thumbs Up

Monkeypony
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
You mean they turn a mundane commute into an adrenaline fueled adventure, for extra fun remove mirrors and indicators. Thumbs Up

Laughing Absolutely, it's that feeling of never really knowing what the front wheel might decide to do at any given moment that really sets you up for the day!

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:05 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC10, that is all.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 18:28 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkeypony wrote:
adengtg wrote:

This time of year, you will.

I run Pirelli MT43s. they are a bit of a compromise off road. Can get clogged in heavy clay and mud, but for just about all other off road applications they perform just as well as full MX/Enduro type tyres.

The added bonus with these is that they perform really well on road, and don't tear chunks of the tread blocks. I find full knobblies, even the road legal ones, an absolute nightmare for any meaningful road use.

mmm, went out all day today near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. theres a good few greenlanes down there and one which is an absolute 10/10. came off on the first one which was more of a tractor trail than for a 125cc supermoto on road tyres, no damage or anything.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 66 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1