View previous topic : View next topic  

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: No kittens! Reply with quote

Never have I run over kittens!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:12 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran over a squirrel once. It crossed the road between me and an oncoming lorry, ran back and forth in a panic and then froze. It was just my side of the centre line so I thought yes! stay there, you'll be safe. Then it just ran under my front wheel, all in a matter of moments. Crying or Very sad Surprisingly it felt like more of a bump than a squish. I think I ran over its nuts.

Another time I startled a small flock of partridges which took off and flew in parallel with the bike. I was cruising along, full of admiration and amusement when a Range Rover came from nowhere and scattered all but one, which caught it full in the beak. I was appalled and turned round to find the poor thing. It was twitching on the grass verge and obviously not long for this world but I couldn't bring myself to finish it off with my boot.

I genuinely fear hitting a deer. There are lots around my way. I remember seeing a Peugeot estate on my commute looking like it had been karate chopped, a write off, with a big Roe Deer stag lying dead behind it. Doesn't bear thinking about on a bike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: No kittens! Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
Never have I run over kittens!
Just remembered, took out a feral cat in Corfu once, on a rentascooter with the missus on the back. This thing just shot out from the side of the road and I went straight over it, both wheels, just managing to stay upright. Pulled over and were rooting around trying to find it, to no avail. A group of elderly locals were sat outside a bar sipping ouzo, nearly wetting themselves laughing at the entertainment (the Cats Protection League not having a big presence on the Greek islands). Eventually we established that the cat had shot off up the nearby hill as if its arse was on fire, and vanished.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:14 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never run over anything on the bike (well, not any critters)
A bumble bee once splatted me in the face and stung me, the little furry toe-rag. But that's all.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Dead badger at 3am on a spirited ride with some BCF folk. Can't say it did much apart from bounce the bike a fair whack Laughing bricks were shat.

You're a lucky man. I once hit a badger in an Audi Quattro and it removed the front valance, the lower half of the radiator and the sump.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:39 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I hit what looked like a brick on my way home tonight at about 50.

The bike flew into the air, bricks were shat, bike landed and carried on as if nothing had happened...

Aaaaand this is what it did to my fucking wheel...

https://i.imgur.com/FwxMWWj.jpg

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 24 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit and killed a Muntjac deer (about the size of an alsation). I was doing 70mph on an unlit NSL road, the old A120, when I saw a flash of fur, if I had been doing the speed limit I'd have hit him full on and come off the bike, as it was his head hit my footrest, he sort of ran into the side of me.

Blood and hair down the side of my greasy swing arm when I looked in the morning. The deer in question ran out from behind this sign, so he had a sense of humour.
https://goo.gl/maps/5A89rqzSxVw

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 18:44 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pheasants sting a bit, hit 2 over the years

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 25 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit a bat with the R1200 before, was only doing 20 or so though and I'm pretty sure it just flapped away somewhere.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:18 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No actual hits. Had the usual near misses with pheasants and pigeons. Scariest was a Red Kite in Oxfordshire that didn't want to leave the roadkill it had found, but dropped it, whatever it was, missing me by inches, or so it seemed.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant

PostPosted: 11:50 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit a Cow on my NSR125 in the new forrest Laughing

Could see it for a good mile before the incident, it was stood by the side of the road eating... i got closer and closer slowing down then right as i was next to it the bloody thing decided to cross the road, slammed on the brakes but still face planted into the right side of its at about 2mph (another inch and a half i would of stopped Neutral ).

The cow did a kind of half skip then carried on crossing the road. The cow, my bike and me were fine.. only damage was my visor popped off and my reputation with 2 of my friends who were behind me Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigT19 wrote:
Hit a Cow on my NSR125 in the new forrest Laughing

I think Fisty hit a sheep and had to pay for it. How much do cows cost? Smile

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew

PostPosted: 00:46 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit a Routemaster bus in London once, didn't fall off.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZRX61 wrote:
Hit a Routemaster bus in London once, didn't fall off.

Did you kill it?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
So far I have hit an old lady, a teenage lad, all sorts of animals, .

Did you punch them or was a bike involved Laughing

EDIT : actually the vision of you running over an old lady appeals to my Monty Python sense of humour Laughing

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:21 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit a pigeon last summer... the thing flew out a hedge right into my shin... Felt like a soft football hit me through my rst adventure boots...

Even though it was only a pigeon still made me feel pretty shit...

A few weeks ago dad hit a munkjack deer :/ I saw it coming and tried to warn dad... he didnt even see the thing. it just walked off the verg and right into the path of the car... This was at night. I didnt see any blood but dads bumper was totally destroyed.

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:21 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing i have hit was a 4 ft wide diesel slick about half a mile long on a bone dry road, I ended up on the pavement completely out of control on a 'Blade, somehow managed to save it and wondered if it was the bus in the far distance who caused it, sure enough it was. I stopped him and told him what he had done, he didn't seem that bothered but said he would phone the recovery service and get another bus out, so I went round the corner to home. Only to return to the spot 2 minutes later and saw a large puddle of diesel where he had stopped and a 4 ft wide trail disappearing down the road where he had carried on.

I hit a cat once going through Stratford on the way to the Bullddog Bash one year, hit the front wheel and I had a little wobble, no problem, my mate said that it couldn't have felt a thing, well, not from the neck down anyway.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:44 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
but never ever have I run over a bunny.

I have, didn't really run it over, it made a leap through my front wheel, it didn't end well for the rabbit.
Found a dead sparrow lodged between the radiator and the radiator guard on my LC.
A bat decided to fly into my right shoulder, on a summer's evening, while out on my YPVS.
Ran over an elderly gent who was wandering around in the middle of the road, fortunately for him I was on a 125 at the time!

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:00 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adult male human. Laughing

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Fox hunting Reply with quote

I have not hit anything interesting.. a small bird once. Things have hit me, most notably was this humungous shit that fell from a tree

https://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m593/Kramdra/IMG_20150826_173819_zpsonwvx1xb.jpg~original

I have no idea what kind of beast dropped it but very thankful that it only hit the bike. Photo was taken many hours later after rain washed most of it off.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Fox hunting Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:
I have no idea what kind of beast dropped it but very thankful that it only hit the bike.

https://www.mentalhealthportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Cody-Lee-Miller-camped-out-in-tree.jpg

Mawsley
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 00:35 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pigeon dumped its arse on me when my shoulder got it while ‘making progress’ to Banbury.

We’ve muntjacs all over the place here. Not had one yet, a mate got put in hospital by one - wrote off his GPz550.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mawsley wrote:
We’ve muntjacs all over the place here. , a mate got put in hospital by one - wrote off his GPz550.

Firstly, I didn’t know muntjacs were hard or could even fight Shocked ! Or that they were crap at riding bikes?

pfenig
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:05 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely bring back fox hunting, far more humane than the current poisoning method.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfenig wrote:
Surely bring back fox hunting, far more humane than the current poisoning method.

Nope.

Just an excuse for posh twats to get their sick jollies.

If you need to kill foxes, shoot them.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3