Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

155mph bikers caught by bike copper

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:44 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway. If they haven't been up in court yet, doesn't releasing this story and footage prejudice (literally) the case?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:38 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, the ECHR right to a fair trial only applies to people, not bikers.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey gyppos have more rights than bikers!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:29 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling a bit inadequate now.

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:27 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Ignoring the 70mph UK speed limit for a sec, and accepting the 100mph+ insta ban rule, I think your doing it all wrong on modern busy UK roads if you need more than 99mph to have a shit ton of fun on bikes or in cars. If you need to ride at over 100mph to get off, then you're much better off finding a place thats off the UK highways.

Tldr, maybe they were unlucky or victims of officer dread, but I think they had the wrong roads to have fun, maybe the wrong bikes too? Should have ridden a quiet challenging road that would scare you silly at 80mph if you didn't go over a cliff having a Rossi moment that is.

I think we have road that are well paved, with first responder standing by incase of any accident, and perfectly legal to do stupid speed. I guess somehow their teacher never teach them the word race track.

I will always show zero intolerance for ppl doing stupid speed on a public road, no matter it is a car, bike or truck

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:48 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:

I think we have road that are well paved, with first responder standing by incase of any accident, and perfectly legal to do stupid speed. I guess somehow their teacher never teach them the word race track.

I will always show zero intolerance for ppl doing stupid speed on a public road, no matter it is a car, bike or truck

I'm much the same about people who haven't quite figured out syntax and grammar.

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
ringsound wrote:

I'm much the same about people who haven't quite figured out syntax and grammar.

sorry i cant help with that, as English is my third language, which i only really start learning it about 3 years ago

because some idiots think it was fun to do stupid speed in public road, my friend spent the rest of his life on a wheel chair when he was 24. So I guess I have the right to be mad at inconsiderate road user

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:24 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:

because some idiots think it was fun to do stupid speed in public road, my friend spent the rest of his life on a wheel chair when he was 24. So I guess I have the right to be mad at inconsiderate road user

And my brother was killed by a car going at walking pace.

Exactly what speed do you think is safe?

derillius24
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 16:28 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:
zero intolerance

Chill factor 11

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
ringsound wrote:

And my brother was killed by a car going at walking pace.

Exactly what speed do you think is safe?

speed limit are set for a reason
may be it is outdate, sure we could update the speed limit to certain level, 80/90/100, but something like 144/155?
the faster we go, the longer distant we need to react
and that's what race tracks for, and no I do not support the cop chasing with such high speed either. A road block can be set ahead
that's how my home country do, set up a road block ahead and cops coming from behind with a more reasonable speed

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:00 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:

The 70 mph limit was set during an oil crisis to ensure that fuel was used economically, it has no basis on safety.

Most speed limits (which seem to be reducing on virtually every road you go down from one week to the next) are now being set based on noise and pollution problems rather than safety.

Germany doesn't seem to have a problem on it's autobahns and a good proportion have no speed limit.

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

The 70 mph limit was set during an oil crisis to ensure that fuel was used economically, it has no basis on safety.

Most speed limits (which seem to be reducing on virtually every road you go down from one week to the next) are now being set based on noise and pollution problems rather than safety.

Germany doesn't seem to have a problem on it's autobahns and a good proportion have no speed limit.

It will probably require quite high self-discipline, but i have no objection of having a trial of British Autobahns in some Motorway and see how it go.
sometime i think it is even a positive solution, people who want thrill can use those motorway, and other who do not like it can avoid it

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:

It will probably require quite high self-discipline, but i have no objection of having a trial of British Autobahns in some Motorway and see how it go.
sometime i think it is even a positive solution, people who want thrill can use those motorway, and other who do not like it can avoid it

I'm trying not to sound overtly racist, but the irony of someone who has already stated that English is their third language * trying to have any input on how we use our roads post Brexit isn't lost on me.

* presumably behind Welsh and Cornish

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:47 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:
speed limit are set for a reason.......

Really, not everything is black or white?

If you travel along the A53 from Buxton to Leek, exactly on the boundary between Derbyshire and Staffordshire the speed limit changes from 50mph to NSL!
There is, absolutely, no reason for this, it is the same road, the road conditions do not change!
Strange then that two local authorities can't decide on a reason to set a speed limit.

https://goo.gl/maps/pW8jmx6AcCH2

https://goo.gl/maps/gHoPsYvav9x

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I'm trying not to sound overtly racist, but the irony of someone who has already stated that English is their third language * trying to have any input on how we use our roads post Brexit isn't lost on me.

* presumably behind Welsh and Cornish

English is my third language, but now I have to live and work here
I drive to work everyday, and ride on holiday, so guess this make me one of the road user
then i guess that's it, i am just giving my view

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
ringsound wrote:
speed limit are set for a reason.......

Really, not everything is black or white?

If you travel along the A53 from Buxton to Leek, exactly on the boundary between Derbyshire and Staffordshire the speed limit changes from 50mph to NSL!
There is, absolutely, no reason for this, it is the same road, the road conditions do not change!
Strange then that two local authorities can't decide on a reason to set a speed limit.

https://goo.gl/maps/pW8jmx6AcCH2

https://goo.gl/maps/gHoPsYvav9x

i understand what you mean, like 50mph average speed camera at night with no one working at the site.
A road near my town have a speed limit of 50 on straight by local council, but 60 on some blind corner which i almost slide out doing only 40
trust me i use to do stupid speed when i was younger until what happen to my wheelchair friend (it was a big incident involve more than just us and those stupid kids). I guess I was traumatized in that accident. Since recovering from the crash, I become obese with highway-code and regulation. My wife even make joke of it say i have OCD Razz

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The 70 mph limit was set during an oil crisis to ensure that fuel was used economically, it has no basis on safety

You're thinking of the temporary national 50mph limit actually, in the 1970s. When the 70 mph limit came in, that was indeed about road safety and kittens'n stuff. But it was at a time when that was about as fast as most vehicles could travel anyway; and of course brakes and other tech are now immeasurably better than they were back then, so your point still stands...

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:59 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
[Turns out that I'm an enormous racist despite my progressive-urbanite face cutlery]

Shocked

Fancy insulting his sin tax and grammer in Cantonese?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:33 - 26 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
[Turns out that I'm an enormous racist despite my progressive-urbanite face cutlery]

Shocked

Fancy insulting his sin tax and grammer in Cantonese?

Is this because I mentioned Welsh and Cornish but not whatever language you lot up there use?

It's certainly not english. There's a scotlandish guy at work and I'll now reduced to smiling and nodding when he makes mouth noises at me. I've no idea whatsoever what he's trying to say most of the time.

Strangely, he does all his e-mails in English.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:01 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd witnessed this it still wouldn't have been the most dangerous or idiotic thing I've seen on the roads this week. Fair enough, in an accident the speed (pick one) will make the consequences worse, but serious accidents happen because someone makes a mistake or does something stupid, usually under the speed limit. Who is chasing those people down? No one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:09 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ringsound wrote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/17/20mph-limit-dangerous-costly-reverse-council-admits/

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The 70 mph limit was set during an oil crisis to ensure that fuel was used economically, it has no basis on safety

You're thinking of the temporary national 50mph limit actually, in the 1970s. When the 70 mph limit came in, that was indeed about road safety and kittens'n stuff. But it was at a time when that was about as fast as most vehicles could travel anyway; and of course brakes and other tech are now immeasurably better than they were back then, so your point still stands...

God, yes. I remember my mothers Austin 1100. When that approached 70mph it felt like it was going to explode. Frightening.

They should increase it to 80, especially where they have variable speed limits and can reduce it if conditions require.

That would be too sensible though so it won't happen.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I didn't help that race teams were using the M1 for top speed runs when it was derestricted. Laughing

I didn't know the 30mph limit in built up areas has been around since 1935!

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
ringsound wrote:

Stretch of straight A road I used to commute along went from 40, to 30 and now down to fecking 20mph. Thumbs Down

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
I didn't help that race teams were using the M1 for top speed runs when it was derestricted. Laughing

I didn't know the 30mph limit in built up areas has been around since 1935!

I thought it was after this:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport/day-jack-sears-hit-185mph-m1-motorway ...but apparently the 70mph limit was introduced a few years later.

Joncrete Cungle wrote:
Stretch of straight A road I used to commute along went from 40, to 30 and now down to fecking 20mph. Thumbs Down

Welcome to half of London Rolling Eyes My reasoning is that if they can't decide on sensible speed limits for individual roads then I should ignore them.

Oddly I think 20 mph limits (in built-up areas) worked for a bit, people seemed to stick to 30, with only the occasional c**t actually doing 20. Now they've started enforcing them lots of people do 20 Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3