Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sorry Guys Need To Rant

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:52 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Sorry Guys Need To Rant Reply with quote

New member here, but following whats happened yesterday morning, i need to vent it out.

I've been riding or rather have been riding a Yamaha YBR 125, i owned it for over two years and it was perfect, having moved to Blackpool several months ago with my partner, I thought everything would be good, get my bike down there, use it to find work, save up some money when i get a job, take the theory test and jump straight on an intensive bike course and get everything sorted within a week and get a DA out the way.

I had all these plans, also had my first big bike planned as well, was hoping to go from my Yamaha 125 onto a 600 Suzuki Bandit.

But no, yesterday morning, i went downstairs all dressed up nice ready for a job interview, charged up my sat nav, and when i went down the alleyway next to my flat to get to my bike, i noticed some little c**t had stolen it, from what my neighbour described, he saw "me" on sunday night pushing my bike down the alley, start the bike up and ride off... Well i have the keys on me now, so its most likely that they either snapped the steering lock and screwed about with the ignition to get it working, or they jammed something in the keyhole to unlock it and get it started up.

Im more sad, because my mum essentially bought me the bike after she suddenly passed away.

I done all the usual stuff, rang the gestapo, i call them that as they were bloody useless on the phone, i informed them that a neighbor had a cctv camera facing the alleyway where the bike was stored, and no, apparently even with a camera facing in the direction of where the theft happened, it wasn't deemed serious enough to send an officer round to check the footage.

I'm so angry about this... Why can't we start chopping fingers off whenever stealing twat bags get caught. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:20 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's seriously shitty timing.
If you need a bright side, some bikers are getting acid thrown in their face.
So whilst your bike isn't in one piece, at least you are.

A lot of them turn up eventually, but not always in a nice condition I'm afraid.
It sounds like a chancer rather than a professional job for parts or export.

How was it secured?
Unfortunately in our society a big chain and ground anchor really is a necessity.
Even the Police bikes are getting stolen nowadays, sad state of affairs.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 05:34 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a basic chain and padlock, picked it up from B+Q, not the strongest chain but still stronger then the cheap bike locks you get from the pound shops, i had a look around the alleyway and can't find the chain either,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:32 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey scum will have lifted the chain for two reasons; they'll be of the thought that popo might lift prints off it (not that they would ever have the resources to bother) and secondly it robs you of your security should you replace the bike offering them the opportunity to strike easily again.

You'll need a minimum 16mm Almax/Pragmasis chain next time and a suitably beefy anchor to match.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:34 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjohnson wrote:
Just a basic chain and padlock, picked it up from B+Q, not the strongest chain but still stronger then the cheap bike locks you get from the pound shops, i had a look around the alleyway and can't find the chain either,

I see, sadly it was probably snipped with a £20 pair of bolt cutters.
He probably sold the chain for scrap, cos that's what pikeys do, anything shiney.

I know it's not much use to you now, but an expensive chain really is a good investment.
Properly treated chain, 13mm links or bigger.
Pragmasis and Almax are the big boys.
The Almax site has vids showing how easily a fat man with bolt croppers can get through chains, spoiler: it's easy. Sad

Girthy chains at least make it take longer for them to steal, and at best make the pikeys move on to the next guy with a less secure bike.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:46 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hopefully if I can get a job and replace the bike (can never replace the sentimental value) I'd might as well go all out, disk lock, chain, alarm and if it's legally ok to do so, I'll strap one of those 12 gauge trip mines to it... Even though I live like a ten minute walk from the local police station, it's bound to scare the next twat away having a 12 gauge blank going off in their face if they try moving it... I somehow dont think the local police will be to impressed hearing what sounds like a shotgun going off in the middle of Blackpool late at night.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:10 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max: The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this. Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6k55DfHm48

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:45 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

INB4 the Borgmeister General, I be stealing his linez:
https://www.lancashire.police.uk/faqs/complaints-compliments/how-do-i-make-a-complaint/

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:26 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

YFPOS.

Go and check the local hedges and waste ground, it's vaguely possible that they ran it out of fuel before they burned it out.

Sorry to hear this, unless you're Arcane, in which case YFPOS.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:48 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts in Blackpool do you live?

I used to live on Central Drive and i wouldnt dream of having a bike left outside around there..

Fortunate enough to live in Lytham now though..
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it have a cover on it? If not, get a cover for bike number 2. It's potentially the best security you can have.

Why? Firstly, it's much less obvious whether what's under there is worth stealing or not. Secondly (and this is more important) Pikey McScrote can't see what security you've got on it. If it's uncovered he can walk past over and over again (just lookin fer ma dag mate) eyeing up any locks and chains, working out what his strategy is going to be, without touching the bike itself. If there's a cover on it, he can't see your locks and chains and therefore can't even start planning his attack. To do so he's got to remove the cover, at which point he's started tampering with the bike and the psychological clock is ticking. Also if at any point you find the cover moved/removed it's a clue that someone is eying it up so you can either move it or get moar locks.

Finally, if you have a chain, take it with you or put it inside when you use the bike. A trick thieves use is to crop an unattended chain around the 3rd or 4th link under the sleeve and replace it with a cable tie, hiding their work with the sleeve. They come back when there's a bike locked to it, snip the cable tie and wheel the bike away.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/1RuWCo9.gif

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:07 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/1RuWCo9.gif

That's digital blackface. Tut Tut

https://i.imgur.com/upVw48P.gif

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:41 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas the bike was insured but only third party, i was working part time when i got the bike, and it was the only form of cover i could get without waiting for a couple months to save up the extra couple hundred quid to get the third party, fire and theft cover.

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 04:51 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But given this situation, i WILL persevere, and i will find a job, save up as much money as i can, get a full license, get a suzuki bandit, and secure it up the ass, multiple chains, disk lock, alarm, GPS tracker etc... However if anyone see's a red Yamaha YBR 125, registration WP59 JXD let me know as soon as you can, so i can inform the police and / or get down there and retrieve my property.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:30 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjohnson wrote:
But given this situation, i WILL persevere, and i will find a job, save up as much money as i can, get a full license, get a suzuki bandit, and secure it up the ass, multiple chains, disk lock, alarm, GPS tracker etc... However if anyone see's a red Yamaha YBR 125, registration WP59 JXD let me know as soon as you can, so i can inform the police and / or get down there and retrieve my property.

Good luck buddy! Unfortunately massive chains and anchors etc are only a deterrent.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:56 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjohnson wrote:

Before you do that, move away from Central Dive area. Too many spice addicts and Eastern Europeans ready to steal your pride and joy. Rental prices in Blackpool are cheap, don’t pay £500 plus per month to live in a shit hole when the same money gets you in a reasonably good area.

Also, you say this was your pride and joy that you couldn’t afford to replace along with sentimental value. I’m sure you realise your mistake of not having theft cover. I would have rather paid monthly and got the theft cover personally. Anyway, learn from this. Better insurance, better area, better security and bike out of sight.

Good luck from a fellow Blackpool resident.

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:15 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:
alanjohnson wrote:

Before you do that, move away from Central Dive area. Too many spice addicts and Eastern Europeans ready to steal your pride and joy. Rental prices in Blackpool are cheap, don’t pay £500 plus per month to live in a shit hole when the same money gets you in a reasonably good area.

Also, you say this was your pride and joy that you couldn’t afford to replace along with sentimental value. I’m sure you realise your mistake of not having theft cover. I would have rather paid monthly and got the theft cover personally. Anyway, learn from this. Better insurance, better area, better security and bike out of sight.

Good luck from a fellow Blackpool resident.

Yeah i know bud, it was a very reliable bike, just hope the tit that stole it ends up wiping out on it and gets royally fucked up.

I don't live in central, im down Lytham Road myself near MA Kellys and only spend just over £300 a month on a flat, i wish i did chuck fire and theft cover on it, but i've always followed certain personal financial rules, like only take finance on certain items when the interest doesn't take the piss and costs you an arm and a leg, and when you can, pay for stuff valued at up to £300 outright in one go... My friend found that out the hard way when he went to buy a xbox one from brighthouse, at the time they cost about £300 new,and after he finally paid the weekly costs off, he ended up paying back around £580.

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:28 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commuter_Tim wrote:

If you need a bright side, some bikers are getting acid thrown in their face.

Really???

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totes. Don't move to London.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerider wrote:
Really???

Yup, it seems to be a largely imported problem, I'm an ex Londoner and it wasn't like this when I was there,
they were still only stabbing each other when I left 6 years ago. Now it's often both. To put it into perspective, a
CO-OP grocery store near where I live now in the countryside was robbed by two men armed with...... Rocks.

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:26 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjohnson wrote:
Yeah i know bud, it was a very reliable bike, just hope the tit that stole it ends up wiping out on it and gets royally fucked up.

I don't live in central, im down Lytham Road myself near MA Kellys and only spend just over £300 a month on a flat, i wish i did chuck fire and theft cover on it, but i've always followed certain personal financial rules, like only take finance on certain items when the interest doesn't take the piss and costs you an arm and a leg, and when you can, pay for stuff valued at up to £300 outright in one go... My friend found that out the hard way when he went to buy a xbox one from brighthouse, at the time they cost about £300 new,and after he finally paid the weekly costs off, he ended up paying back around £580.

I totally agree, paying on the drip for a trivial item such as an Xbox is silly. Against insurance on something of a high value to yourself, with a high liklelihood of being nicked or totalled, I think on balance it’s worth the extra fisting you’d have received.

Anyway, hope you get settled in Blackpool soon enough.

Out of interest, what are you trying to get a job doing?

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Tigerider wrote:
Really???

CO-OP grocery store near where I live now in the countryside was robbed by two men armed with.....rocks.

When l lived in Bolton they used to use uncooked black puddings to assault you with!!!!........ Laughing

Seriously though, & without getting into a political argument, Enoch Powell was right.....................

alanjohnson
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:43 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:
alanjohnson wrote:

I totally agree, paying on the drip for a trivial item such as an Xbox is silly. Against insurance on something of a high value to yourself, with a high liklelihood of being nicked or totalled, I think on balance it’s worth the extra fisting you’d have received.

Anyway, hope you get settled in Blackpool soon enough.

Out of interest, what are you trying to get a job doing?

Anything really bud, just so i can get some form of regular income, i've done, Office Admin, Engineering, Warehousing, Bartending, and Retail in the past, hopefully something comes along soon, had an interview at a legal services company earlier today, only to find out upon turning up that they had to postpone it to next tuesday due to having a office clean out, that set me back about £18 on a Taxi there and back.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2