Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

looking for a new bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:09 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: looking for a new bike Reply with quote

currently looking for a new bike and a bit undecided as to whether keep to my love of supersports or get a more upright bike which I don't like the look of such as a MT-07,09, cb650 etc

I am 6ft2 and around 120kg (do powerlifting so not too fat Laughing )

my commuter is a CBR125 which I get on fine with, although a bit cramped and with my weight has no pulling power at all.

I regularly ride a friends GSXR600 for fun, enough power for me but damn its ugly.

Really have my eyes on a R6 or R1, however I sat on the R6 and felt so cramped I would fly off on a corner, the R1 fit nicely but worried it might be a bit too much power for me Rolling Eyes also still slightly cramped, can you drop the foot pegs on them?

a compromise would be a 600rr I guess as the riding position is a bit more upright and I still like the looks of the bike

Davemc37
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: How about a suzuki gsx 650f Reply with quote

A compromise with a more sports style look but with a more upright stance. Shouldn’t be too wildly powerful for you.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:41 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CBR600RR is just as scunchy-uppy as the R6 or R1. You'd need to go to a CBR600F to get something a bit less racebike.

If you want faired and roomy, I'd suggest the GSX650F or even the GSX1250F. Lardy bandits in a frock, though.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 fireblade

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:10 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

when i sat on the r6 and cbr600rr the foot positioning wasn't too bad, it was more the far lean forward which felt a bit weird, maybe the gsxr has higher handlebars? is it possible to raise handlebars on the r6, cbr600rr or r1? my body is a bit odd Laughing long torso, short legs and short arms

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:24 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireblade?

Striple?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm around the same size as you, a bit shorter at just over 6 foot, but not a lifter, just a porker Laughing

Find my stripler more than comfy even on longer runs, however they are a favourite in London amongst the light fingered especially the older model. Then again any sports bike will be too.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 6ft 2 and 100kg, Fireblade and Blackbird are just fine for me! Anything will be better than a 125 being your size.

Go ride a few options mentioned above and see what tickles your fancy.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z1000sx or blackbird? Sprint st 1050 or vfr800 for something more touring orientated?

I'd have a tracer 900 over any of them though, one of the most entertaining bikes I've ridden however I'm not a supersport fan.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 21:38 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed Triple. I can't think of anything more suitable at your stage of riding. Preferably a 955i version, as they are a bit lower powered. Still handle great, still make an amazing noise, and you'll still make an immense entrance when you turn up on one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:57 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM990. It's amazeballs, when it works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have jumped through the hoops required in the country in which you hope to ride and can ride any capacity of bike.
why not go into a few dealers get some test rides and find out what kind of bike works for you.
dont write off ugly bikes,i have an s1000r and its a minger.
it is also the second best bike ive ever been on(for me).
find a bike that works for you,now the looks might be a factor for you if you are a tart.
dont be afraid of big power bikes,they only go as fast as you make them go.
if an R1 ticks all your boxes then go for it.

tldr; find a bike you like and ride it.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:00 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
still make an immense entrance when you turn up on one.

https://i.imgur.com/iLL4kNc.png

Careful now.

bigdom86
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:58 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: re Reply with quote

thanks for all the suggestions. i think the Z1000sx, speed/street triple or blackbird could work for me from an aesthetics POV. although saw the big Honda Africa (whatever they are called) this morning on my commute in and didn't look too bad, I quite like the look of the big upright BMWs but have been told by a few to steer clear of them.....

will take a look around and sit on a few, but as said anything will be better than my 125, my back is in bits

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:51 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
KTM990. It's amazeballs, when it works.

You can't stop riding it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1