Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brace yourselves for an increase in DVLA "fines"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:57 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Brace yourselves for an increase in DVLA "fines" Reply with quote

Capita are up shit creek.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42885211

They run the DVLA. The cash cow will need to be milked if there's to be enough champagne at the weekly directors meeting.

Make sure you get those change of ownership and SORN declarations in within the allotted timeframe and have a verifiable paper trail to show you've done it. They'll be firing up the presses as we speak.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:53 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It also collects the TV licence fee on behalf of the BBC.

And sends letters. Many, many letters.

https://i.imgur.com/EquTgBS.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:04 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are too big to fail. Convert your BTC holdings into shares.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annual profits are now expected to be between £270m and £300m - well below analyst expectations of £400m.

I know I'm not a buisnessman and a fall in profits is a fall in profits but still making £270 million PROFIT is hardly a disaster is it not?

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:51 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capita also collect the council tax that I pay monthly.Just how much of my tax goes to this collection agency when there are sufficient people already working for the council Rolling Eyes

Always have a 'Plan B'

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I know I'm not a buisnessman and a fall in profits is a fall in profits but still making £270 million PROFIT is hardly a disaster is it not?

Bizarre finance land. The holding company that owns the business I work for made over £100m profit last year, beating the industry average margins significantly in the process. But as it was only about 2/3 of what the market expected our share price dropped massively and our top man had to fall on his sword.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:42 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Annual profits are now expected to be between £270m and £300m - well below analyst expectations of £400m.

It is still a loss.... they say. Smile

I don't know what the fuck they teach at the schools these cunts went to but at our school if you had six apples and gave two away and lost one you still had three apples.

But that is using apples.
Oranges may be different.

Anyone who spouts that sort of arithmetical book-keeping nonsense should be taken out the back and bull-fucked until he can spell 1+1 is 2 properly.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdly, after reading this thread yesterday, my daughter received another demand for failing to have continuous insurance on her previous car.

She had a letter in November, despite having posted off the yellow segment of her V5 in June/July, and after some faffing to get proof from the car dealer that she'd px'd it a few months earlier, she finally received a "we have updated our records" letter from the DVLA.

Roll on to yesterday where she receives another demand for the £100 "fine" and is told during a phone call that as she didn't send the yellow slip from the V5 by recorded post, she can't prove they received it and therefore she's still liable for the fine, and they are prepared to take her to court.

I've told her to tell them to bollocks. They can't prosecute her under the same continuous insurance scam they're demanding money for as she has incontrovertible proof that she wasn't the owner of the car. They aren't fining her for not letting them know about it so I don't see the link.

Besides, when did proof of postage to the DVLA become a legal requirement (rather than just probably a good idea)?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Weirdly, after reading this thread yesterday, my daughter received another demand for failing to have continuous insurance on her previous car.

She had a letter in November, despite having posted off the yellow segment of her V5 in June/July, and after some faffing to get proof from the car dealer that she'd px'd it a few months earlier, she finally received a "we have updated our records" letter from the DVLA.

Roll on to yesterday where she receives another demand for the £100 "fine" and is told during a phone call that as she didn't send the yellow slip from the V5 by recorded post, she can't prove they received it and therefore she's still liable for the fine, and they are prepared to take her to court.

I've told her to tell them to bollocks. They can't prosecute her under the same continuous insurance scam they're demanding money for as she has incontrovertible proof that she wasn't the owner of the car. They aren't fining her for not letting them know about it so I don't see the link.

Besides, when did proof of postage to the DVLA become a legal requirement (rather than just probably a good idea)?

Can't you do that online?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:25 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can and should do it online. Who the frack still posts things in $CURRENT_YEAR?

Worse, who calls up the "DVLA" collections goons and tries to reason with them? Computer Says No - all you're doing is confirming your existence.

Incidentally, DVLA tore up their 5 year VED blackmail contract with Capita after 18 months and gave it to NSL, but it's still a fun thread.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:38 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Depends. Mostly on the capital invested and where that capital comes from.

If I said to you lend me 1000 quid and I'll give you 1001 back next year, but there's a chance you'll not see your grand again - would you give me the money?

If I said you'd make 1100 quid back but there was still a risk you'd probably take the chance, if the trends were in right direction.

If I took your money on that basis and only made 1001 quid for you - how likely would you give me a second chance?

A big profit number can be achieved by the tiniest of margins if your turnover is sufficient.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:25 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profit from capital invested?

You mean loans and shareholders funds? That's not profit.

Do you mean revaluation upwards of capital assets? That's not profit until you sell the asset and actually realise the increased value.

Dividends have no direct connection to profits, btw

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:46 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Profit from capital invested?

You mean loans and shareholders funds? That's not profit.

Do you mean revaluation upwards of capital assets? That's not profit until you sell the asset and actually realise the increased value.

Dividends have no direct connection to profits, btw

No.

No. Thanks for pointing out.

No. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks for pointing out.

The first line said that it depends where the money is coming from, and it was only ever supposed to be a simplified version of events to explain to a non businessman why a big number wasn't always necessarily a good number.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:19 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you two want to get a room?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Do you two want to get a room?

How about you and Adam get a room; YFPOS.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:46 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
you and Adam get a room

https://www.adamaarons.men/aalol.png

Wub

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:56 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before you fucking piece of shit

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy. wrote:

Careful now you need spare blobs of gold to speak like that.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:10 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Bozzy. wrote:

Careful now you fucking piece of shit. You need fucking pieces of shit spare blobs of gold to speak like that.

You fucking piece of shit.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:25 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
[
The first line said that it depends where the money is coming from, and it was only ever supposed to be a simplified version of events to explain to a non businessman why a big number wasn't always necessarily a good number.

You are right, in that potential shareholders would look at the potential dividend return from their investments, but the company already has the capital, they don't care who now has the shares.

It could affect the share price but the profit warning is directed at their creditors and so a drop in share value wouldn't have a vast effect on top of that

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:48 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
M.C wrote:

Careful now you fucking piece of shit. You need fucking pieces of shit spare blobs of gold to speak like that.

I saw you unfriended me you fucking piece of shit. Not that I know what fucking friends are, or how you set fucking set them, but I definitely know you're a fucking piece of shit.

Oh and stop calling people a fucking piece of shit. I've started doing it in real life, and people don't like it when you call them a fucking piece a shit... you fucking piece of shit.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:53 - 01 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I saw you unfriended me you fucking piece of shit. Not that I know what fucking friends are, or how you set fucking set them, but I definitely know you're a fucking piece of shit.

Oh and stop calling people a fucking piece of shit. I've started doing it in real life, and people don't like it when you call them a fucking piece a shit... you fucking piece of shit.

Yep. I find myself saying it ... It's a slippery slope

Shit fucking piece of you

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:07 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to lose karma IRL. How do I pronounce a zero width non-breaking space?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:16 - 02 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you're a fucking piece of shit, you can't do that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 56 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2