Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Media social engineering

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
And I voted to join the EU, Embarassed

I hadn't realised until this topic inspired me to read some more around the subject, but the 1975 referendum was about whether to stay in (the EEC). We had joined without a vote in 1973 when I was 11.

From what I remember, and it's pretty hazy, we were voting on the agreed terms of being a member, so as far as we were concerned it was more a vote to join, but yes, we were actually members at the time.

robs321
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:40 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I remember most about the 70s was neck lumps! Laughing
Bring back the bri nylon shirt!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple and black tank tops Embarassed

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly tree-climbing and picking my nose...
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:29 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often had the argument with my parents about which generation has it worse.
Their argument is the 15% inflation.
My argument is property prices. Personally I don't see why anyone would need to live in more than one house, so I would heavily tax those that own more than one. At work we have contractors that buy up rows of houses instead of a pension.

The problem is it pushes the prices up for the rest of us.
I bought my first house (Lincolnshire so cheap) for £90k in 2004. I learned that only 18months before this (late 2002) it had been bought for £49k. The prices went crazy during the period 1999 - 2005. About tripled due to buy to let etc.

Remind me who were in power then? Oh yeah the good old lefty Labour party supporting the common man (and property tycoons, cash for honours etc.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 05 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've often had the argument with my parents about which generation has it worse.
Their argument is the 15% inflation.
My argument is property prices. Personally I don't see why anyone would need to live in more than one house, so I would heavily tax those that own more than one. At work we have contractors that buy up rows of houses instead of a pension.

The problem is it pushes the prices up for the rest of us.
I bought my first house (Lincolnshire so cheap) for £90k in 2004. I learned that only 18months before this (late 2002) it had been bought for £49k. The prices went crazy during the period 1999 - 2005. About tripled due to buy to let etc.

Remind me who were in power then? Oh yeah the good old lefty Labour party supporting the common man (and property tycoons, cash for honours etc.)

I kinda agree although grr666 might not Smile The thing's rents weren't that high back then, it was really post-financial crash they started to sky rocket, to the point where BTL landlords can easily cover a mortgage etc. with rent yields, which's a pretty f**k up situation.

In the US they (apparently) had a housing bubble at the same time, due to deregulation of the banking sector, and what went on to cause the whole subprime situation. Over here I'm really not sure, obviously bnp72 blames those 'immigants', and sure a higher population doesn't help, but a lot of EU migrants have bought property back home. Hence why they live as cheaply as possible, 20 to a house type thing, there's even an Eastern European migrant camp near me.

I think it's worth making the distinction of New Labour Smile Gordon Brown seemed to be a bit different (abolishing right to buy for example), but I don't think the common man saw Labour/Blair as that different from the Tories, only when they got back in with the help of bitch Clegg were people reminded of what they were like.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Political Spectrum post by Chris-Red I find it hilarious that 'everyone is equal' is regarded as Conservative/Right Wing

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 16:44 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Regarding the Political Spectrum post by Chris-Red I find it hilarious that 'everyone is equal' is regarded as Conservative/Right Wing

That's because you miss understand it.

Equal in the sense everyone should be putting the same into the system and be getting the same out. i.e. flat tax, no welfare state etc. etc.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:26 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
should be putting the same into the system and be getting the same out. i.e. flat tax, no welfare state etc. etc.

But that's already how it works.

If you earn a lot, you have more power, more resources, more to potentially gain and more to lose if you fuck up. You pay the government to protect and/or facilitate that. That's why people with greater wealth pay greater taxes, in a nutshell.

And removing the welfare state would turn any nation into cesspit in months.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:49 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chris-red wrote:
should be putting the same into the system and be getting the same out. i.e. flat tax, no welfare state etc. etc.

But that's already how it works.

If you earn a lot, you have more power, more resources, more to potentially gain and more to lose if you fuck up. You pay the government to protect and/or facilitate that. That's why people with greater wealth pay greater taxes, in a nutshell.

And removing the welfare state would turn any nation into cesspit in months.

You also miss-understand.

Flat tax rate Meaning everyone pays say 30% tax on everything no matter what they earn.

At the very end of the scale (although I belive pretty much everyone realises this won't work) is everyone paying the same ammount of tax i.e. £20k PA

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:00 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Flat tax rate Meaning everyone pays say 30% tax on everything no matter what they earn.

At the very end of the scale (although I believe pretty much everyone realises this won't work) is everyone paying the same amount of tax i.e. £20k PA

Flat taxes don't work because the cost of basic survival is the same regardless of how much you earn. Someone earning say £15k and paying 30% tax (say £5k for quick maths) has £10k to live on. Someone earning £150,000 ends up with £100,000. But the minimum price of living will still be the same.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

At the very end of the scale (although I belive pretty much everyone realises this won't work) is everyone paying the same ammount of tax i.e. £20k PA

You would still get people who avoid paying.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3