Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1979 CZ 125 battery

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

scottbob
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:12 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: 1979 CZ 125 battery Reply with quote

hello,
i have recently purchased a pretty run down CZ 125 as a project,
but with little knowledge i have run into my first issue.
will just a standard 6v battery be OK for this bike as when i go on battery choices my machine is not listed.
Is it like a car where a standard battery fits most cars.

First of many questions during the build.
cheers
scott

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:34 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original Honda C50 was 6v. I replaced the battery with a normal motorbike standard 6v lead acid battery, this was years ago though so you might have to do a lot of shopping around for one.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

6v was fairly common in those days on small bikes, your main issue will be getting one more or less correct dimensions, it won't be overly fussy about how many amps as you aren't turning a cold motor with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:09 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model CZ?

Should be the first three digits of the VIN number. Just for interest as much as anything.

Any fairly small Ah 6V battery will most likely work but you need to find one that fits neatly in the battery box. More down to dimensions than rating for a non electric start bike. If you don't find out the exact spec, I'd suggest a 4 or 5 Ah.

Actually, that's not true, I'd suggest shitcanning the entire outmoded, unreliable communist era charging and ignition system and fitting a 12v VAPE system in its place if you can justify the cost.

https://www.powerdynamo.biz/deu/systems/lists/cz.php

scottbob
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:05 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ill have a look for the model later don't think i need to worry about it fitting in the battery box, as the one on it was an after market made out of bits of wood nailed together, with the regulator nailed to that.

For now its as cheap as possible, its for a stag do ride from yorkshire to high up in scotland over 4 days.
Some guys are on C90,s but there are a few rd125,s as well

Just been out looked at model number its 477

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 15:39 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I would love to have my old C50 back! I regretted selling it from the moment I did.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 73 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1