Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Am I wrong to like Eastern European?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to own an ETZ301 Saxon Fun. It was great. The main issue was that it was CDI rather than points ignition so it wouldn't start if the battery was flat, but it was a comfortable fun ride. Could have done with another 5bhp or so, but was a perfect winter hack. As I recall I sold it for what I paid.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/dsc02019.jpg
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; American Iron: Buell XB12R;
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:16 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I used to own an ETZ301 Saxon Fun. It was great. The main issue was that it was CDI rather than points ignition so it wouldn't start if the battery was flat, but it was a comfortable fun ride. Could have done with another 5bhp or so, but was a perfect winter hack. As I recall I sold it for what I paid.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/dsc02019.jpg


Shocked They have to be the ugliest wheels in the entire history of motorcycles Shocked Puke Puke
Still want.
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:12 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Shocked They have to be the ugliest wheels in the entire history of motorcycles Shocked Puke Puke
Still want.


A mate of mine had a spider man motorcycle toy as a kid with very similar wheels... Smile
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; American Iron: Buell XB12R;
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:17 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
MarJay wrote:
I used to own an ETZ301 Saxon Fun. It was great. The main issue was that it was CDI rather than points ignition so it wouldn't start if the battery was flat, but it was a comfortable fun ride. Could have done with another 5bhp or so, but was a perfect winter hack. As I recall I sold it for what I paid.

https://cdn.bcf.44bytes.net/files/dsc02019.jpg


Shocked They have to be the ugliest wheels in the entire history of motorcycles Shocked Puke Puke
Still want.


No, surely that was comstars. Sick

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.assgk6TRjIY0ddWFOPTW3wHaE8&w=295&h=197&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7
____________________
Triumph Trophy Launch Edition
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get a jawa twin. They are shite. I should know I rode them for many years.

Yes, the MZs are probably the best of the batch.

There are worse too. There are also the IZH/planeta/cossack models, some of 3which are horrifically primitive. Seen an IZH 250 which had the transferr ports drilled from the outside with a plate bolted over the top.

But yeah, MZ with a vape ignition system is a surprisingly useable everyday motorcycle.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

temeluchus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the likes of ost2rad mz-b you can get bits for MZs easily.
____________________
Suzuki AN650 Burgervan, GSXR1100WR, Reliant Robin LX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: discovery (www) - Page Generation Time: 1.24 Sec - Server Load: 7.28 - MySQL Queries: 16 - CDN Objects: 37 - Page Size: 54.32 Kb