Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

nutter good weather rider looking for aggro?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

dn38416
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:24 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: nutter good weather rider looking for aggro? Reply with quote

Guy in the way this morning, i pass him - giving a reasonable berth. Then about half a mile down the road he comes up beeping and launches a tirade of abuse for a what was a non-event.

Here's the link to the maneuvre that caused the aggro: https://youtu.be/-BZyp21DK08

It got me worked up, normally i find other riders pretty considerate, and definitely more so than the cyclists. Admittedly the guy did sound a bit unhinged, so maybe a genuine mental case.

Or have i done something dangerous and i should evaluate my riding and am a cunt?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:32 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what incident you're even referring to.

Carry a bottle of bleach tomorrow.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to be sure another rider has seen you before overtaking. On the other hand, he looked like he had no immediate intention of overtaking the taxi, and if he hadn't seen you that's his error. You had the audacity to be better at filtering. Fuck him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if any event ever came of that situation... (we only have your word for it - you obvs have video capability, so where's the nutcase kicking off vid?)

Then yes he is unhinged and needs to be avoided at all costs 😂

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Best to be sure another rider has seen you before overtaking. On the other hand, he looked like he had no immediate intention of overtaking the taxi, and if he hadn't seen you that's his error. You had the audacity to be better at filtering. Fuck him.

Yup, he was blatantly shit. Could have got a bus through that gap.

dn38416
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 23:46 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
Well if any event ever came of that situation... (we only have your word for it - you obvs have video capability, so where's the nutcase kicking off vid?)

Yeah sorry i am self-conscious of my dopey whistling and singing in the intervening bit. That's why i blanked the audio of this bit as well.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he drive a breakdown truck too ?
if so, you are goto10 and I claim my five ponds

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:57 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dn38416 wrote:
Hawkeye1250FA wrote:

Yeah sorry i am self-conscious of my dopey whistling and singing in the intervening bit. That's why i blanked the audio of this bit as well.

Come on now, this is BCF, we're totally not gonna mock you for crying and whimpering like a girl when the mongbrain went off at you, post the video. Shifty

In your video I would have been the pussy hanging to the left in line with traffic.
However when you passed me I would have probably just thought "I wish I could filter confidently" and then sat there waiting for the taxi to go faster.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was tame by London standards, normally you get bikes dive bombing you as you go for an obvious gap yourself.

Show us the fite...

dn38416
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 01:01 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a non-event to me which was why i was shocked by the guy mouthing off. I'll just book it to the guy being a cunt. (The other reason for not showing the potty mouth is cos i was a little bit panicked by it all, like a decent twat.)

I wonder how much of this type of thing is brought on by bullshit vlogs. Like boring fat cunts need to match the drama they see on youtube (which also seem to have a knack for finding hassle on a regular basis). Anyway rant over, cheers guys.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm totally shocked and can barely believe my eyes at what I've just seen in that video.

A stretch of road without craters so deep that you could go fishing in on a rainy day. Shocked

As for your overtake. I can see absolutely sod all wrong with it.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor obs. He should've shoulder checked to the right in anticipation of you doing that - then he wouldn't have been surprised and got all salty.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it looked like he was deliberately keeping in the car gap to let you go through..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

B0ndy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:37 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

KTM man v2 Thinking

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:57 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rip his keys out of the ignition and throw them in the closest drain. Carry on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bloke lacks confidence in filtering and/or was fucking dawdling. You went past him. Don't think about it for another minute. I encounter twats like this sometimes, usually kids on L plates who "filter" slower than the surrounding traffic, whilst scraping both feet on the ground. Occasionally it is a flash bastard with a brand new triumph.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:09 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
I thought it looked like he was deliberately keeping in the car gap to let you go through..

That's what I thought. OP is hovering around waiting for the overtake then the other bike stays left to let the OP overtake who then decides to start bimbling along slowly.

OP is the nutter good weather rider looking for aggro?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to evaluate your riding style.
Clips usually make ground speed seem faster than it is/was but in comparison to other traffic, you look a wee bit Too fast for traffic.

You are not giving yourself enough time and space to react if a situation changes.
Pedestrians appear from out of thin air. You will get it if you hit one of them.

(And bleach or battery electrolyte should be carried. )

Fuk Him BTW. (Tits & Garry)

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

This - to me it looked like he was getting out of your way, he'd changed his line and stopped filtering. I'd imagine that he was waiting to get out of the speed-trap zone before giving it some beans just as you appeared - but if he had no idea that you were there then he needs to check his mirrors more often, especially before changing direction/speed.

Weirdly I had the exact opposite last night on the A13, I was filtering along relatively sedately and [after braking for a lorry/car gap I didn't like the look of] I noticed a bike had caught up with me - so I moved out of the way and let him pass me, only for him to pull alongside me and then start gesturing angrily (it _looked_ like he was saying why don't you carry on/why did you move out of the way) - then he switched to giving me a nod/thumbs up and carrying on. I still can't really work out what he was on about.

Anyway, I used him as my filtering-canary for the next mile or two before he pulled off the A13 (I guess he may have been using me for this purpose - but you don't get all rage face when someone moves out of your way)

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:23 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
[My #BakLayf is bare drama]

You're like CripplePol, only for real.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
The bloke lacks confidence in filtering and/or was fucking dawdling. You went past him. Don't think about it for another minute. I encounter twats like this sometimes, usually kids on L plates who "filter" slower than the surrounding traffic, whilst scraping both feet on the ground. Occasionally it is a flash bastard with a brand new triumph.

Sounds like me Embarassed

goto10 wrote:
doggone wrote:

This - to me it looked like he was getting out of your way, he'd changed his line and stopped filtering. I'd imagine that he was waiting to get out of the speed-trap zone before giving it some beans just as you appeared - but if he had no idea that you were there then he needs to check his mirrors more often, especially before changing direction/speed.

Weirdly I had the exact opposite last night on the A13, I was filtering along relatively sedately and [after braking for a lorry/car gap I didn't like the look of] I noticed a bike had caught up with me - so I moved out of the way and let him pass me, only for him to pull alongside me and then start gesturing angrily (it _looked_ like he was saying why don't you carry on/why did you move out of the way) - then he switched to giving me a nod/thumbs up and carrying on. I still can't really work out what he was on about.

Anyway, I used him as my filtering-canary for the next mile or two before he pulled off the A13 (I guess he may have been using me for this purpose - but you don't get all rage face when someone moves out of your way)

The oddest rage face I got was when I decided not to filter between two lorries (back on L plates). A courier on another XR with the worlds loudest exhaust stopped alongside me, flipped his lid up and shouted something in foreign, then not fancying the gap either filtered around the right of the lorry. If only I could of understood him Sad

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:56 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
If only I could of understood him Sad

In what language is that correct grammar?

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
goto10 wrote:
[My #BakLayf is bare drama]

You're like CripplePol, only for real.

Vid - note the aggression and then nod/thumbs up - in ~8 years of doing this exact same route I've not seen that one before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhtau8xt1lc

Don't be _too_ kind getting out of the way though - this Ecourier guy moved out the way for an aggressive rider pushing past and then came a cropper by staring at his mirror and not looking where he was going:

https://youtu.be/uujbnBsT3C4

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Btw - 'filter canary' is a trick I learnt from someone on BCF - filter _slightly_ slower than you would normally, sooner or later you'll get someone appear behind you, pull over and let them past, then [assuming they're the right speed for you] stay relatively close to them, they then clear the path for you)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 43 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2