BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MeToo

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 02:15 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: MeToo Reply with quote

Now l do understand this could easily upset some of the ladies on here & maybe some of the guys, but l personally think this woman's movement labelled MeToo has gone too far now, or were they all really abused & raped, or maybe...just maybe...some of them are jumping on the bandwagon..

Thankfully, my words are better portrayed via the lovely Catherine Deneuve!
PS, don't slag her off just because she has lost her looks either, that would be immature & childish don't you think?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/10/576986585/-metoo-movement-has-gone-too-far-catherine-deneuve-says

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:56 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would support it but I'm a male.

Last edited by Polarbear on 22:15 - 17 Feb 2018; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fking your way to the top as a woman is all well and good, if that was your masterplan, or even plan B, but don't get to the top and then look back and try to rid your conscience of the mistakes you made, by taking the blame away from yourself.

Anyone that has the choice to say no and doesn't say it, is complicit.
Simple as that. If they are doing things to further their career, then shame on them. Of course there are bosses out there that will let you abuse them to get a promotion. Be ashamed, you deserve it.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:08 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a fixture of modern life that issues which are complex become over-simplified by the addition of a #. You're either pro or anti, no shades of grey, no debate.

There is a world of difference between an actress trading on her looks and desirability (in addition to her talent) performing sexual favours to get a role and a woman in a low status job being sexually abused by her boss and unable to fight back because she needs the job. The first is a contract, the second is sexual abuse.

There is a world of difference between a man touching your knee and being dragged into an alleyway and raped by a stranger.

There can't be a woman alive who has not had to rebuff clumsy advances by a man she didn't fancy but who welcomed the same sort of approach when it was made by a man she did fancy.

The metoo hashtag has been hijacked, it is not an emblem of "survival" it has become a virtue signal by women who might have been leered at.

Germaine Greer referred to growing up with the Carry On films, where sexual innuendo and leering were the mainstays of the genre. In every case, women dealt with it themselves, there and then, usually making the men look like the fools they were. To me the vast majority (not all) of the metoo brigade won't do this and run to "teacher", even years after the event.

It must be a scary time to be a man these days. It must also be scary to have been a man for the last few decades. Who knows when the next historical allegation will be made?

TL:DR #metoo=#zzzzzzzzz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:26 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I did recall that #IKissedAGirl without her explicit, affirmative ongoing consent 30 years ago and #SheDecidedThatSheDidNotLikeItAfterTheFactAlthoughSheWasHappyEnoughToSwapSpitAtTheTime. I wondered if somewhere out there, I now feature in a #SurvivorsTale.

I only wish I were joking.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:56 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Today, I did recall that #IKissedAGirl without her explicit, affirmative ongoing consent 30 years ago and #SheDecidedThatSheDidNotLikeItAfterTheFactAlthoughSheWasHappyEnoughToSwapSpitAtTheTime. I wondered if somewhere out there, I now feature in a #SurvivorsTale.

I only wish I were joking.

My first kiss two girls held me down while the fat one of the two kissed me...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4b460c34b2d00199c72776983627cbbb/tenor.gif?itemid=9756316

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:26 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap, sort of. Mine was when she got her brother to put me in a headlock while she puckered up. I spat in her face to preserve my oral virginity.

A couple of years of... development... later, I really, reeeeeeally regretted that.

Now that I've recovered the memory, where do I claim my compo?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What winds me up is the hypocrisy. Now at every awards ceremony (of which there are very many) there are speeches about the evil etc. whereas previously many of them were in bed with Harvey Weinstein (maybe literally or not literally).
Clearly they put their careers ahead of their anguish, as they did it to advance their careers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:33 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm. Salma Hayek just... I think the kids these days say "threw shade" at Gary Oldman for daring to win an award for Best Leading Male Actress, to the expected whooping and hollering from tha sistahood.

All right, pet, I get that now that your career is fading that you're all about declaring that Weinstein tried to put the moves on you, but taking that out on one of your own virtue signalling prog-allies is cheap, and tawdry, and just plain nasty.

If you can't behave like a classy broad, you should probably shouldn't expect to get treated like one.

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsk tsk the BAFTAs. Why are we having women presenting the awards who are really just there as eye candy? In the current year we really shouldn't be using women in such demeaning roles. I expected better from the luvvies.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Mmm. Salma Hayek just... I think the kids these days say "threw shade" at Gary Oldman for daring to win an award for Best Leading Male Actress, to the expected whooping and hollering from tha sistahood.

All right, pet, I get that now that your career is fading that you're all about declaring that Weinstein tried to put the moves on you, but taking that out on one of your own virtue signalling prog-allies is cheap, and tawdry, and just plain nasty.

If you can't behave like a classy broad, you should probably shouldn't expect to get treated like one.

Unless I'm misunderstanding her protest, they want one category for 'actors' because sex isn't important. But at the same time they want more female directors/writers etc. because sex is important? Eh?

BTW who died?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:23 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Natalie Portman who set up Handsomecharlie films which has to date produced or announced 9 films, 8 of them helmed by male directresses, and only 1 by a wamen. That wamen being one Ms Natalie Portman. That Natalie Portman?

Natalie Portman who considers Roman Polanski's anal roofie rape of a 13 year old girl a "so-called crime" that should be forgiven and forgotten? Or are there a whole slew of Natalies Portmen in Hollywood? Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:55 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this those female wrestlers again? https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/baftas-2018-red-carpet-protests-times-up-theresa-may-t-shirt-protesters-a8216956.html

Wub

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:44 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cox's mate was at it too... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43134265

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:54 - 21 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

May Two wrote:
Young professional women at Save the Children felt unsafe. They felt that their careers could depend on ensuring they responded to unwanted attention

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

May Two wrote:
Young professional women at Save the Children felt unsafe. They felt that their careers could depend on ensuring they responded to unwanted attention

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

aaaaand he's gone: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43162223

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 28 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigerider wrote:
Now l do understand this could easily upset some of the ladies on here & maybe some of the guys, but l personally think this woman's movement labelled MeToo has gone too far now, or were they all really abused & raped, or maybe...just maybe...some of them are jumping on the bandwagon..

Thankfully, my words are better portrayed via the lovely Catherine Deneuve!
PS, don't slag her off just because she has lost her looks either, that would be immature & childish don't you think?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/10/576986585/-metoo-movement-has-gone-too-far-catherine-deneuve-says

Rape and sexual abuse has a new definition. If a girl has sex with a guy while drunk, and regrets it the next day, it's "rape". If the girl says she was up for it, she's a slut and/or knowingly slept with someone ugly or not cool enough. If she says it was rape, she get sympathy and he is at fault. If you are a girl in that situation, why not say rape?

Conversely if a hot guy nearly rapes a girl while drunk, he is hot and cool, it'd definitely not rape.

TL;DR If you are ugly, do audio recordings with time stamps when you have sex with girls. It's easier than jail time I'm sure.

Rapist
https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/109/600/tumblr_ldxfbhzy371qeacv5o1_500.jpg

Not rapist
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/19/f7/8d/19f78dabedd57d02b2d974fe65e7bb78--beach-guys-mens-photos.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:49 - 28 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapist[*]:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/nintchdbpict000249540960.jpg?w=673

Not rapist:

https://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Grimsby+Town+v+Northampton+Town+FA+Cup+Second+MySbs3mLnIfl.jpg

Same woman, same time, same place (different holes maybe), same circumstances, same claimed inability to consent, same burden of proof, same judge, same jury, different verdicts. Eh?

[*] Ultimately acquitted.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:34 - 01 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
If a girl has sex with a guy while drunk, and regrets it the next day, it's "rape".

As a friend found out, when you sleep with someone, and don't call her back, she can then decide a week later it was rape, even if she didn't think so the following morning Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:00 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my empathy chip must be broken because the BBC's Inside Story on Weinstein seemed to follow the same pattern. Aspiring actress puts herself in a bad situation, in some cases despite several warning signs (Confused), Weinstein makes a clumsy/creepy approach, aspiring actress gets a big pay off.

A million quid for a shot at boob with an Italian model who has previous (and the authorities didn't believe)? Eh? Or Rose McGowen and his inappropriate behavior... actually lets upgrade it to rape as I have a memoir coming out.

I don't doubt Weinstein's behaviour but I do doubt motivations when the compo train's pulling in, something I don't fully understand as I would have thought justice would be more important.

tl;dr Weinstein did this a lot plus whatever else you believe:
https://376133.mm.bing.net/th?q=Family+guy+julian+naked+live&mkt=en-US&adlt=off
^Seth Macfarlane actually outed Weinstein whilst Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lawrence were thanking him.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:47 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Yes, 30 Rock too.

And all of Hollywood lolled, because they all knew what was going on, and none of them gave a damn as long as he was still powerful. It only became bad ficki when he stopped backing big box office films.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:

Yes, 30 Rock too.

And all of Hollywood lolled, because they all knew what was going on, and none of them gave a damn as long as he was still powerful. It only became bad ficki when he stopped backing big box office films.

So it is kinda like the Jimmy Savile thing, except you know with grown-ups who were old enough to understand what was going on Eh?

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:56 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
So it is kinda like the Jimmy Savile thing, except you know with grown-ups who were old enough to understand what was going on Eh?

Some 20 years earlier https://youtu.be/CRcR5_8B7iQ

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:09 - 05 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to protest wamen actors being treated as dumb meat puppets and instead respected for their intellect, Emma Watson is sporting a Time's Up tattoo.

https://i.imgur.com/sIm7gt6.png?1

Time's Up

Time's Up

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:09 - 05 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at this. Silly bint.*

Do I have to hand my sisterhood card back now?

*Her, not me
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3