Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclist got hurt, outside police station

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Cyclist got hurt, outside police station Reply with quote

Enjoy, I did....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horrifying-footage-shows-cyclist-sent-12052256?service=responsive

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:36 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a limit to how many times watching pedalists get mashed up when undertaking left-indicating vehicles would be funny, but I haven't reached it yet. Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
There may be a limit to how many times watching pedalists get mashed up when undertaking left-indicating vehicles would be funny, but I haven't reached it yet. Thumbs Up

It isn't that funny.

Those lycra fudds have no third party insurance. If one of the idiots injures you or damages your property you are on to a bag of rice if you make a claim.

I am not advocating that sykelists should have insurance bit since they don't then they should be less fcuking Darwinian.

I was a spectacular dismount though. Four faults I'd guess.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

he let his gard down
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ed Case
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all eaten-up with sympathy !. Some years ago I witnessed a white van at traffic light at a factory junction which decided to turn left just as some clown on a pushbike rushed up the 'inside'. He did a 'bunt' turn, leaning out on the bike against the side of the van and pedalling for all he was worth leaving circular score marks like huge 'AUDI' rings on the side of the van......Aw I laffed !.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:59 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who rides a pushbike on the road should have to attend a mandatory course whereby the instructor leads them one at a time to about ten yards from the side of a van, bus or lorry.

He should then instruct them to run head down as hard as they can into the side of said vehicle.

When they recover some of their senses they can then fill out the form that says they understand they'll never win the argument with the van, bus or lorry and not to be so fucking monumentally stupid in future.

Psyclist deaths cut to almost zero overnight methinks.

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

Those lycra fudds have no third party insurance. If one of the idiots injures you or damages your property you are on to a bag of rice if you make a claim.

I am not advocating that sykelists should have insurance bit since they don't then they should be less fcuking Darwinian.

A surprising number do. You probably have it yourself. If not through an organisation like CTC or BC, then many home insurance contents policies cover third party claims for any member of the family in or out of the home (with an exclusion for when operating a motor vehicle, hence needing specific insurance when driving).

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

whole bunch of narrow minds in this thread.

And one slightly wonky one in the op vid. Laughing

So much hate for someone on 2 wheels. Slow clap guys, slow clap.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:13 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
So much hate for someone on 2 wheels.

I hate all idiots equally. Riding a bicycle just flushes them out into the open.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:41 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not lose sight of the fact that they are Irish. So there is almost certainly an added "Father Ted" aspect to the whole affair.

"Ahh Dougal, Now you've fell off your bike there."

"Right so Ted... So is there still Ice Cream for tea?"

"No Dougal, you have to go to the hospital now, there's all blood coming out your ears and one of your eyes has gone all wonky like Father Jacks."

"Ahh but Ted..." etc

Chuffin Nora
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrrm . . . Thinking

I am ever so slightlysomewhatratherconfused . . .

Quote:
Horrifying footage shows cyclist sent flying through air after being hit by car turning into police station

The headline irrefutably states that the car turns into a police station, but the video shows the car quite stubbornly remaining a car.

Do I need to upgrade my graphics card or something?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:47 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the correct pronoun for a police station? Thinking

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:18 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Did you not see the vehicle cross the poorly positioned solid white line? Folded arms

I don't really see the cause for amusement, it's another cager who doesn't use their mirrors. But they use them when they hear an engine right?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:43 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:
Anyone who rides a pushbike on the road should have to attend a mandatory course whereby the instructor leads them one at a time to about ten yards from the side of a van, bus or lorry.

Psyclist deaths cut to almost zero overnight methinks.

Also; the same should apply to motorcyclists; which would obviously prevent them ever hitting a vehicle that turns infront them, cutting across their lane.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:22 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Did you not see the vehicle cross the poorly positioned solid white line? Folded arms

The lycropath would totally have stopped before the dashed line?

M.C wrote:
I don't really see the cause for amusement

Poor obs.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:15 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haveing worked in London and watched the antics of the average pedalist there....... I'm with Roger.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Zd8WxDulIF01ZYkbY_AlJQAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=252&h=190
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 36 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1